Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

anyone here accumulate AS miles when flying emirates I class?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:49 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium HSBC INFINITE SQ Gold

is it a good way to accumulate AS miles?
thank you
Old Nov 14, 2017, 11:02 am

Programs: AS MVPG, IHG Diamond Elite
Have not personally, but I class seems to earn on Alaska w/ good bonuses (100% base + 25% class of service + add'l 100% additional) so long as it is Emirates marketed and falls in eligible flight number range.. https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...er-overview:EK
Old Nov 14, 2017, 5:34 pm

Programs: Alaska Airlines
Wish I could be a bit more helpful, but I was unable to recall or confirm my class code information. Went back through my emails and documentation and cannot find specifics on which class fare I was on, other than it was "business saver"

In October 2016 I had a coach ticket purchased through work, when I went to check-in I was offered opportunity to pay out of pocket to upgrade to Business Class. I took that upgrade, and I did get bonus miles at the time (they didn't offer the extra 100% until December 2016).

Business class emirates was not only an amazing experience, but it gave me a boat-load of miles on the SEA-DXB trip... and this was before the 100% bonus. If you can get business class at a good value, it'll be great miles (as long as its a qualifying flight #)
Old Nov 14, 2017, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K;BA Silver;AA G;HH Dia;HY Glob
Have a look at these threads:
Emirates increases bonus for biz and first from 19 Dec 2016
Alaska Partner 100% & 200% mileage bonus in Business/First??
Old Nov 15, 2017, 1:40 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Hertz PC, Delta Silver
I recently flew SEA-DXB-DEL(Y Class) on EK. Was able to get the double miles promo that works on certain routes. For me, I got double miles between SEA-DXB, but not between DXB and DEL.

Its probably posted on the AS website what routes qualify for the bonus miles, but I didn't look. My guess is it will be all USA-DXB routes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.