Wiki Posts
Search

LaGuardia (LGA) Terminal Change

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:19 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
LaGuardia (LGA) Terminal Change

AS moving from Terminal B to Terminal A effective 12/9/17.

http://laguardiaairport.com/lgaonthemove/
Old Oct 20, 2017, 11:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
We get the Marine Terminal? Cool...
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
We get the Marine Terminal? Cool...
MAT is exceptionally cool ... having to fly via DAL from the west coast, not so much :/
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:46 pm

Programs: Oneworld (Emerald)
One downside to this move is lack of access to the Admirals club for Alaska Lounge members, since the club is in terminal B (and the terminals are not connected).
Old Oct 20, 2017, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wylek
One downside to this move is lack of access to the Admirals club for Alaska Lounge members, since the club is in terminal B (and the terminals are not connected).
They're not only not connected, they're quite a haul from each other..

Old Oct 20, 2017, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I am also unsure if their is bus service from Terminal A to the MTA subway. Mostly I will probably stick to JFK and EWR as getting to Manhattan from LGA is just to difficult or too much $$$.
Old Oct 20, 2017, 2:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

http://laguardiaairport.com/getting-...ublic-transit/ says the Q47 is what you'd be taking.
Old Oct 21, 2017, 3:23 pm

I am disappointed but not surprised.

MAT is a nice historic building but in terms of passenger amenities, they are almost nil. Back then when Delta Shuttle operates, it is okay because back then there were free newspapers and magazines, along with free coffee and beverages. But with AS and B6 moving there, it is disappointing. I still remembered that I ate at a staff cafeteria eatery called "Yankee Clipper" when I flew out of MAT. There are no shops.

There are public buses going to Marine Air Terminal, but please note that New York Airporter operating mainly from Port Authority and Grand Central no longer go to Marine Air Terminal. I took the bus there last Sunday and the driver told the passenger to take the free airport transfer bus from Terminal B to go to Marine Air terminal.

I recommend using car services or cabs or Uber/Lyft because MAT is so far from the main terminal. You need to bring food from the city and there are no lounges. It will be a hassle to get to Terminal B for lounge accesses. Given how crazy the road traffic is these days. It makes no sense to go over there.

It is a bad situation IMHO but some folks like it because they can cut it really close and spend minimal time at LGA. I believe Delta has a TSA Pre-lane set up at MAT but not sure if it will continue once AS and B6 takes over because they have less frequencies.

Carfield
Old Dec 6, 2017, 6:34 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

A Reminder

Travel to/from New York - LaGuardia (LGA)

On Saturday, December 9, 2017, Alaska Airlines is moving from Terminal B to Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal). For departing flights, please be sure to arrive at Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal) for your upcoming flight. For arriving flights, baggage claim, ground transportation, and curbside pickup, will be at Terminal A (Marine Air Terminal).
Old Dec 6, 2017, 7:03 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by jrl767
MAT is exceptionally cool ... having to fly via DAL from the west coast, not so much :/
Easy upgrades, reasonable(ish) fares, options and a few extra miles do have a place in my heart though.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:29 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
LGA: Alaska temporarily moved to Marine Air Terminal

As part of the effort to rebuild LGA, Alaska's flights to/from DAL have been moved to the Marine Air Terminal, aka Terminal A. It's rich in history, having been the home of PanAm seaplanes and the site of the largest WPA mural. It's also a tiny terminal with one restaurant and a handful of gates, and it's not served by the LaGuardia Link from Woodside and Jackson Heights/Roosevelt Ave.
Nevertheless, if you're flying into or out of NYC on AS in the near future and you're a history buff, it might be worth a look.

Last edited by Kufat; Dec 8, 2017 at 7:36 pm Reason: remove inaccuracy per sbm12
Old Dec 8, 2017, 4:38 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Originally Posted by Kufat
Oh, and I don't think there's PreCheck there;
This is incorrect. JetBlue is the anchor operator at the Marine Air Terminal (a/k/a Terminal A) as of tomorrow and part of its agreement to move was that PreCheck be part of the new layout. So the terminal will have PreCheck as of Saturday morning.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan, Marriott Bonvoy, NEXUS
Originally Posted by sbm12
This is incorrect. JetBlue is the anchor operator at the Marine Air Terminal (a/k/a Terminal A) as of tomorrow and part of its agreement to move was that PreCheck be part of the new layout. So the terminal will have PreCheck as of Saturday morning.
Thanks. I was going by what I could find on the TSA website and its slipshod checkpoint list. Appreciate the correction.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 10:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by Kufat
Thanks. I was going by what I could find on the TSA website and its slipshod checkpoint list. Appreciate the correction.
No, you were correct. Pre-check doesn't start until tomorrow.
Old Dec 8, 2017, 11:26 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
This has the aroma of the "temporary" move in BOS. No lounges, minimal amenities, few gates, difficult access to other terminals. Woohoo!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.