Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

"We're sorry, your flight is now departing on time."

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:30 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K

I had a flight get a posted delay and then later un-delayed back to the original time.

The email from AS starts:

Clearly they're using the same flight delay template. Thanks for the laugh, AS.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 5:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by channa
I had a flight get a posted delay and then later un-delayed back to the original time.

How much was the original delay and how close to the departure time did they change their mind?
Old Oct 14, 2017, 7:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
How much was the original delay and how close to the departure time did they change their mind?
The original delay was 1:20, and they un-delayed it about 6.5 hours before original departure time. So plenty of time to react.
notquiteaff likes this.
Old Oct 14, 2017, 8:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
The original delay was 1:20, and they un-delayed it about 6.5 hours before original departure time. So plenty of time to react.
Right. I was hoping it wasn't a case of "we'll depart 3 hrs later than scheduled" and then an hour before original scheduled departure a "never mind, hope y'all are at the airport 'cuz we are leaving on time!"
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:05 am

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |

A lot of people call Minnesota little Canada, I think Alaska fits better.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 9:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Can you imagine a lounge pancake aficionado enjoying the luxury of a slight delay, going back to the machine for a "last round" of delight, and getting stuck behind the kid that pushes the button 10 times, only to get a notification that (s)he now needs to get to the gate ASAP? One can only imagine the compensation that would be demanded.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Can you imagine a lounge pancake aficionado enjoying the luxury of a slight delay, going back to the machine for a "last round" of delight, and getting stuck behind the kid that pushes the button 10 times, only to get a notification that (s)he now needs to get to the gate ASAP? One can only imagine the compensation that would be demanded.
Dear Eastbay1K

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your canceled delay. It's our goal to make sure every snack you have in the Alaska Lounge goes smoothly. The best way for us to do that is hearing from you.

When you made arrangements to snack with us you had every reason to expect that we would deliver pancakes to your plate during the published delay time. Clearly, that did not happen and I regret that your delay was canceled due to a crew issue. While we will continue to strive for the lowest levels of operational disfunction and unreliability as an airline, we will never compromise your scheduled departure or the possibility of a post pushback tarmac delay for the sake of culinary satiation. I appreciate your understanding of our steadfast commitment to your ontime depature.

Eastbay1K, I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. As a customer service gesture, I am including a IHOP Discount Code. Please reference the appropriate code below at the time of eating. To use your discount, go to IHOP and enter the Discount Code into the Discount Code field on the right side of the bill.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.