Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:21 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: pgary
Press release (2022-1-18) announcing higher fee, benefit changes, and new requirement to spend $6000/year to receive companion fare

BAGGAGE BENEFIT EXPLAINED:
https://www.alaskaair.com/content/mi...-visa-bag-free

As an additional resource for these cards see the thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/credi...s-now-30k.html

If you are applying for a personal AS card, and are not an expert on applying for A/S cards STOP, don't apply yet. Instead read
this post. Believe me, doing that first may save you a huge amount of wasted time and frustration.

Consumer card offers sorted by value of SUB assuming $.01 per mile
  • 50K miles:
    • https://www.alaskaair.com/content/credit-card/visa-small-business-caApplication Profile Must Exactly Match Alaska Profile: If you put your Mileage Plan number on the application, be sure that all personal information matches what's in your Alaska profile. If there's even a slight difference, Bank of America is known to assign a new Mileage Plan number. In that case you will likely need to contact AS to merge the 2 accounts and/or BOA to change their number of file. BOA might also send a new plastic credit card. For the business visa, BOA is known to create a new Mileage Plan number even if everything matches.

Expired offers:
Print Wikipost

AS Bank of America Visa (Personal and Business) - 2017 and Later

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28, 2021, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by vanillabean
My wife was approved for her card at 40K not long before then. Is there a chance she can get the extra 10K?
BofA is not known to match offers.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 10:40 am

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by Tracer_SEA
I was just wondering the same thing! Mine have not posted yet either...
As an update, mine posted as of 02/04/2021 on my Mileage balance

Hope yours has too!
Old Feb 18, 2021, 12:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Amex Platinum
So I got the AS personal card for a 40k bonus for $2k spend in 90 days, no AF for the first year, and the companion fare, on a pre-approved invitation letter. This was about a month ago. Now I just got another invitation letter for a personal card with a 60k bonus for $2k in 90 days, AF not waived. Obviously 20k AS miles are worth more than $75, so this would appear to be a better deal. BoA refused to match the offer when I called them as seems common in this thread, so now my question is whether I can use that pre-selected approval letter to still apply for a personal AS card with the 60k offer. Are there any data points on that?
Old Feb 18, 2021, 4:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by OWBA
So I got the AS personal card for a 40k bonus for $2k spend in 90 days, no AF for the first year, and the companion fare, on a pre-approved invitation letter. This was about a month ago. Now I just got another invitation letter for a personal card with a 60k bonus for $2k in 90 days, AF not waived. Obviously 20k AS miles are worth more than $75, so this would appear to be a better deal. BoA refused to match the offer when I called them as seems common in this thread, so now my question is whether I can use that pre-selected approval letter to still apply for a personal AS card with the 60k offer. Are there any data points on that?
Since BofA tightened the screws on getting more than 1 card you're odds of success are abt 0%. Nothing to stop you from trying though. The pre-selected approval letters are sent by Marketing and mean nothing. Let us know your results if you apply again.
Old Feb 18, 2021, 5:45 pm

I recently got a similar invitation letter for 60k bonus, and tossed it, but am now thinking I might want it. I went to the Alaska Air website and saw a 40k offer. Any ideas for finding that higher offer?
Old Feb 20, 2021, 5:31 pm

Programs: AS AA
Originally Posted by OWBA
I applied for Alaska personal card a year after the previous AS card was closed, and was declined instantly. I did not see any credit pull in 3 bureau reports. It must be an automatic rejection based on the 24 month rule.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 8:06 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG100K, BAEC Gold, Hilton Diamond, Bonvoy Plat,
Anyone else get the 80k targeted mailers?
Old Apr 27, 2021, 1:35 am

Hi -

I got it. I am a 75K and have not had the card for 5 years.
Flying for Fun likes this.
Old Aug 5, 2021, 4:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

nice Business Card offer

There is a current offer for the 60K BofA Visa Business card here: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/cr...business-card?

See our recent experience with getting this card on the "sister" thread here: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/cred...k-each-44.html
pcoll likes this.
Old Aug 26, 2021, 3:32 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Moderator Note

Several posts discussing companion fare certificates have been moved to Bank of America Mileage Plan Visa Companion Fare FAQ - FlyerTalk Forums

dayone, AS Moderator
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:33 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I received an email today: For a limited time, you can earn 2% cash back on up to $3,000 in purchases made with your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card through 12/31/21. Cash back will be paid in the form of a statement credit.

Not a bad deal assuming you still earn the 1 AS miles per dollar, but the $3000 cap makes it fairly meaningless I think.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:49 am

Better than nothing. Although I haven’t received that email yet. Is it automatic, or do you have to click something to activate the offer?
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
I received an email today: For a limited time, you can earn 2% cash back on up to $3,000 in purchases made with your Alaska Airlines Visa Signature® credit card through 12/31/21. Cash back will be paid in the form of a statement credit.

Not a bad deal assuming you still earn the 1 AS miles per dollar, but the $3000 cap makes it fairly meaningless I think.
Given that

Originally Posted by anteater
The BoA EQM promo miles will count toward 100K status.
one plan could be helping to fill the gap between >=75K (having gotten the 50K miles) and 100K, say with property taxes coming up.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 10:55 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by ASA_1
Better than nothing. Although I haven’t received that email yet. Is it automatic, or do you have to click something to activate the offer?
The email came at 08:46 PST this morning and the subject included "Exclusively for RAD_PDX Your credit card account ending in XXXX. There is a link to activate the offer.
Old Oct 26, 2021, 11:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by vanillabean
one plan could be helping to fill the gap between >=75K (having gotten the 50K miles) and 100K, say with property taxes coming up.
That would take the sting out of the 2.5% credit card fee my county’s payment provider charges. Alas, looks like I didn’t get any offer from AS.

Estimated fed taxes would be even better since their fee is generally slightly below 2%.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.