Go Back   > > >
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old Sep 13, 17, 4:08 pm   #1
Original Poster
  
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 57
New F Seats

Did not see this posted anywhere. Feel free to delete if its already been posted.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/......-seats-made
gobeavs8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 4:33 pm   #2
  
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: SEA
Programs: AS MVPG 75K, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Global Entry, UA
Posts: 1,237
Quote:
Originally Posted by gobeavs8 View Post
Did not see this posted anywhere. Feel free to delete if its already been posted.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/......-seats-made
Interesting article. Was not worth having to go into private browsing mode as they're blocking access to users utilzing Ad-Blocker. Innovate or die.
MonThruThurs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 4:37 pm   #3
  
Join Date: Apr 1999
Location: San Francisco, CA, USA
Programs: Hyatt Diamond, UA 1K 2MM, HH Gold, SPG Platinum (LT Gold), AS MVP
Posts: 2,847
Thanks for sharing. Strange that the pics don't show the footrest?

Also the article states that when installed they will have an extra 5" of legroom from current configuration. I'm assuming that is only the case for those planes that have not already seen the increased pitch in F?
SF1K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 4:38 pm   #4
  
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 572
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF1K View Post
Thanks for sharing. Strange that the pics don't show the footrest?

Also the article states that when installed they will have an extra 5" of legroom from current configuration. I'm assuming that is only the case for those planes that have not already seen the increased pitch in F?
I didn't even make it that far, I got hit with a bunch of ads and full screen video, just closed the window....
acarney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 5:18 pm   #5
  
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Washington DC
Posts: 612
Notice how the mount or divider UNDER the seat is not evenly spaced! One seat has the floor mount on the side, while the other seat has the floor mount nearly in the middle. This means, for people trying to put their carryon bag under the seat in front of them, that one person will have to jam it into the "center" space that is supposed to be shared with the other passenger in your row.

https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1505254...&q=60&fit=clip
AndyPatterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 5:40 pm   #6
  
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Seattle
Programs: AS MVPG, Alaska Lounge, HHonors Gold, SPG+, National Executive, Disney Premier Pass °O°
Posts: 383
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyPatterson View Post
Notice how the mount or divider UNDER the seat is not evenly spaced! One seat has the floor mount on the side, while the other seat has the floor mount nearly in the middle. This means, for people trying to put their carryon bag under the seat in front of them, that one person will have to jam it into the "center" space that is supposed to be shared with the other passenger in your row.

https://dallasnews.imgix.net/1505254...&q=60&fit=clip
It looks just like the mounting track is just the same as it currently is on those planes. I can't imagine they'd change it, which would be a lot more work than just replacing the seats.
lg20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 5:42 pm   #7
  
Join Date: May 2003
Location: SFO, mostly
Posts: 1,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by SF1K View Post
Thanks for sharing. Strange that the pics don't show the footrest?

Also the article states that when installed they will have an extra 5" of legroom from current configuration. I'm assuming that is only the case for those planes that have not already seen the increased pitch in F?
Yeah, pitch is 41" as I understand, so same as the reconfigured planes currently have. Legroom might be slightly better if the new seatback is thinner. Per the article, seat will not have a legrest, but just a fold-out footrest. Probably just a metal bar that folds down from the back of the seat in front of you. Amtrak has this style of footrest on some of the seats on their trains. I find them pretty useless.
sltlyamusd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 7:30 pm   #8
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
Yeah, pitch is 41" as I understand, so same as the reconfigured planes currently have. Legroom might be slightly better if the new seatback is thinner. Per the article, seat will not have a legrest, but just a fold-out footrest. Probably just a metal bar that folds down from the back of the seat in front of you. Amtrak has this style of footrest on some of the seats on their trains. I find them pretty useless.
Looks like they don't have the extra little tray that pulls out from the center, either. We like having lots of horizontal space, and will miss that little tray.
Eujeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 8:02 pm   #9
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
  
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 38,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
Looks like they don't have the extra little tray that pulls out from the center, either. We like having lots of horizontal space, and will miss that little tray.
They talked about drink holders...
beckoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 8:32 pm   #10
  
Join Date: May 2009
Location: EUG
Programs: AS MVPG, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold, SPG Gold
Posts: 3,980
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
They talked about drink holders...
You mean as shown in the picture? (I didn't read the article based on what someone else said about the ads, other crap, etc) - what do those drink holders have to do with the EXTRA surface of the little tray? Not everyone uses their space in the same way - drink holders are useless to us, an extra surface is very useful.
Eujeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:07 pm   #11
  
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Posts: 6,761
"When they’re installed on Alaska’s aircraft starting in late 2018".....with a complete retro-fit a few years later

Alaska gives "snails pace" a whole new meaning.
BOB W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:07 pm   #12
T2A
  
Join Date: Feb 2017
Programs: Alaska MVP
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd View Post
Yeah, pitch is 41" as I understand, so same as the reconfigured planes currently have. Legroom might be slightly better if the new seatback is thinner. Per the article, seat will not have a legrest, but just a fold-out footrest. Probably just a metal bar that folds down from the back of the seat in front of you. Amtrak has this style of footrest on some of the seats on their trains. I find them pretty useless.
Agreed. I was really looking forward to a leg rest. These new seats look pretty underwhelming.
T2A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:12 pm   #13
  
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Anchorage, AK
Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG75K, AA, DL, HH-G
Posts: 6,761
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eujeanie View Post
drink holders are useless to us, an extra surface is very useful.
Agreed
BOB W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:14 pm   #14
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge
  
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ANC, MRI
Programs: Pure AS MVP Gold75K, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Posts: 38,545
Quote:
Originally Posted by T2A View Post
Agreed. I was really looking forward to a leg rest. These new seats look pretty underwhelming.
I dread them. They always seem designed for shorter individuals, and impact leg room negatively.
beckoa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 13, 17, 9:21 pm   #15
  
Join Date: May 2017
Location: SEA
Posts: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckoa View Post
I dread them. They always seem designed for shorter individuals, and impact leg room negatively.
Totally not empty quoting this.
quemalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Thread Tools
Search Thread
Go to Top
Forum Jump
Contact Us - FlyerTalk - Archive - Top