Wiki Posts
Search

What Happened With AS 901 on 11/3/2017?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:14 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, AS Airlines Mileage Plan
What Happened With AS 901 on 11/3/2017?

I am in Boise waiting to catch 902 back to Seattle. The incoming flight, 901,has been delayed by the weather in Seattle. Understandable. But. Or ding to Flightaware, the plane left Seattle at 2:02 ( an hour and a half late) but turned back and landed back there at 2:36.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/ASA901

Note the diversion notation.

It then took off and made it to Boise—I just saw it land. But why the diversion?

Last edited by enzian; Nov 3, 2017 at 5:19 pm
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
pressurization issue (something like a cracked door seal) could be a possibility ...
Old Nov 3, 2017, 7:20 pm

Programs: CO - Onepass Gold Elite--> UA - MileagePlus Gold Premier--> Silver --> AS - MileagePlan MVPGOLD!
Seriously?

Originally Posted by jrl767
pressurization issue (something like a cracked door seal) could be a possibility ...
Wait a minute- the airplane just turned back and returned to base, and you have already troubleshot the aircraft down to cabin pressure problems?
Sure it's one (of about a hundred) possibility, but... That's kind of... odd.
That's about as reasonable as me saying, "I saw my neighbor drive away this morning, but she returned ten minutes later, so I think she has a bad transmission."
!?!?
Old Nov 4, 2017, 12:29 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: SEA (the REAL Washington); occasionally in the other Washington (DCA area)
Programs: DL PM 1.57MM; AS MVPG 100K
I’m a former Boeing flight test engineer, with ~40 years in engineering and technical management with Boeing and USAF/DoD (active Reserve duty and as a support contractor), and a logbook with ~2500 flights ... I fully admit I’m not by any means an authority, but I think I have a reasonable degree of experience-based understanding of aircraft and systems

and you will note that I said “could be a possibility” which is in no way a definitive assertion of probable cause

so yes, seriously

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.