Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Is COS-SEA-COS being canceled?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:32 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Programs: Honors Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle, National Exec Elite
Is COS-SEA-COS being canceled?

Looking for late November dates and the one-a-day-flight in each direction is no longer showing.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:36 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Hope not...never did try this route.

Do you think it's a carrier swap? (ie QX to OO)?
Old Sep 12, 2017, 6:42 pm
Moderator Hilton Honors, Travel News, West, The Suggestion Box, Smoking Lounge & DiningBuzz
Original Poster

Checking with Twitter

ETA

Apologies, yes it looks like this routing is only seasonal and will discontinue at the end of October. You may contact Reservations at 800-252-7522 to look at when it may start back up again
I'm not sure I believe it. Route has never been seasonal

Last edited by cblaisd; Sep 12, 2017 at 6:55 pm
Old Sep 12, 2017, 7:56 pm
Original Poster

Long conversation with what sounded like a very competent agent in PHX. She was as puzzled as I am. My currently booked November flights are not showing as canceled, but neither she nor her supervisor could book the route themselves.

This is one of those tightly planned trips where if things are going to south, I'd rather know sooner than later. But it sounds like they are just as puzzled as I am.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:04 pm

Would be surprised if this one goes for good. Been on it 3x in off-peak travel season and it's consistently been full, even with MVP's and up.

You're also correct it has never been seasonal, but I suppose they could be adjusting it or abandoning it while they get the pilot shortage straightened out (since I believe this is a QX route now?)

Also, just looked at the schedule and it appears listed throughout December and January, so maybe it was a temporary glitch? Didn't try booking it though
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:24 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
This was a CRJ operated by Skywest when we took it two years ago.
That's a long route on a Q-400.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:31 pm
Original Poster

It's an E175 now, but there is some seriously weird IT at work in the ongoing swaps from Horizon to Skywest: Last week I was booked SEA-COS and got a notice that the flight had been canceled. I called immediately and the agent said that it had not been canceled but had moved from Horizon to Skywest but that Horizon's interface with AS didn't allow them to do anything but show the flight as canceled. It was good for my adrenaline production anyway.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Too many to list
Originally Posted by cblaisd
Long conversation with what sounded like a very competent agent in PHX. She was as puzzled as I am. My currently booked November flights are not showing as canceled, but neither she nor her supervisor could book the route themselves.

This is one of those tightly planned trips where if things are going to south, I'd rather know sooner than later. But it sounds like they are just as puzzled as I am.
Similar thing happened to me on an Oct. BOI-SEA flt that was on QX but was switched to OO on the dinky CRJ. Could not see it online as an available flt. I'd just wait and the system will eventually update & show the flt.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 8:42 pm
Original Poster

A switch back to the CRJ200 would NOT be acceptable. Those Skywest CRJ200s are awful awful.
Old Sep 12, 2017, 9:45 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
A switch back to the CRJ200 would NOT be acceptable. Those Skywest CRJ200s are awful awful.
Yeah I have 3 segments next month

Will try to figure this out- might be able to convert one OO to QX: the other two might not be able to be shifted.

If this indeed being switched to a seasonal flight ; it'll be the first time I've heard @ this being cancelled.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 9:24 am

Not bookable on the schedule any day after Nov 4 now. I assume a big schedule update will be coming out soon for Nov 5 on, so maybe it will reappear as a OO flight.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 11:10 am
Original Poster

So frustrating.

Really keeping my fingers crossed that my two November flights on this route don't get canceled or go CRJ200....

Wish even more that the schedule would come back so I could book one more flight for late November.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Looking for late November dates and the one-a-day-flight in each direction is no longer showing.
i assume this is currently a QX route, if it goes from QX to OO and you don't like that, you can request a refund on the basis of change in operating carrier. of course, that would then require you to go book a different ticket at a higher cost and with a connection, but at least it'd get you off the CRJ200 if the flight ends up going that way.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:35 pm
Original Poster

Thank you. Since my projection is to hit MVPG status with these flights by either 59 or 559 miles, I can't afford to rebook on a different carrier.

If that happens, though, I'll get them to route from/to DEN instead of COS and just drive.
Old Sep 13, 2017, 3:52 pm

Programs: American Exec Plat, Hyatt Refugeeist, Marriot Gold, Air Canada Cattle Class, Korean Air Morning Plat
Thank you. Since my projection is to hit MVPG status with these flights by either 59 or 559 miles, I can't afford to rebook on a different carrier.

If that happens, though, I'll get them to route from/to DEN instead of COS and just drive.
NOW THAT....................describes us all. The number of times I've stayed in a hotel that is further away, more expensive, same or less amenities just to earn points. The number of times I've spent an extra $30-65 dollars more or flown a less than ideal time on a partner airline just to earn points.

Mrs. Smallest State figures if I took care of my home renovation projects like I keep track of my airmiles, she wouldn't be finishing them all the time.
jrl767, Air Houston and pbelmore like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.