Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Mileage Plan Miles on BA flight with AA Flight number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:09 pm
Original Poster

Dear Experts!

Need your advise on this one please: I'll be flying BA from LHR-MIA in First Class and wanted to earn Alaska miles.

But the flights are booked under the AA flight number...so I guess I won't qualify for the generous mileage boni and only get miles according to the AA partnership

Correct me if I'm wrong

THX
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:28 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by hassanal
Dear Experts!

Need your advise on this one please: I'll be flying BA from LHR-MIA in First Class and wanted to earn Alaska miles.

But the flights are booked under the AA flight number...so I guess I won't qualify for the generous mileage boni and only get miles according to the AA partnership

Correct me if I'm wrong

THX
Make sure to keep a copy of your boarding passes. You will have to submit them for manual credit. Although against the T&C on codeshare flights (ie marketed & operated by the same carrier) you will get credit for the metal you fly on. In this case BA.

Cheers
Old Sep 7, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: AA PLT, AS MVPG, WN CP
Originally Posted by Flying for Fun
Make sure to keep a copy of your boarding passes. You will have to submit them for manual credit. Although against the T&C on codeshare flights (ie marketed & operated by the same carrier) you will get credit for the metal you fly on. In this case BA.

Cheers
I just asked the same question of a AS rep a few days ago and yes, he said that they generally just base them off of the underlying metal of the flight, not the marketing airline, so you should be fine. As stated above, make sure to keep your boarding passes for manual credit afterwards (I usually take pictures of them with my phone after check-in, just in case).
Old Sep 8, 2017, 7:56 am
Original Poster

Thanks for your messages and tips therein!

Fingers crossed it'll work

THX :-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.