Wiki Posts
Search

Eskimo, new partner, please

Search this Thread

Old Jul 19, 2017, 5:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
Eskimo, new partner, please

Today the Port of Seattle and Thomas Cook UK announced summer service twice weekly between Manchester and Seattle, to be operated Thursdays and Sundays on an A330.

Given that Thomas' sister airline is Condor, I think the Eskimo needs to hop into bed with him, too. Yeah, the Premium section isn't BA F, but I welcome even this little bit of partnership.

They also serve JFK, SFO, LAS, BOS and of course MCO among others.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
Originally Posted by 98103
Today the Port of Seattle and Thomas Cook UK announced summer service twice weekly between Manchester and Seattle, to be operated Thursdays and Sundays on an A330.

Given that Thomas' sister airline is Condor, I think the Eskimo needs to hop into bed with him, too. Yeah, the Premium section isn't BA F, but I welcome even this little bit of partnership.

They also serve JFK, SFO, LAS, BOS and of course MCO among others.
Give us in anything year round nonstop to Europe at PDX that we can credit to AS, or use AS miles for..... Condor is the only option now and its seasonal.
Old Jul 19, 2017, 6:55 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
It's Alaska Airlines not Eskimo Brothers Airlines
Old Jul 19, 2017, 7:48 pm

Programs: Hilton/Marriott Gold, Accor Silver
Originally Posted by keitherson
It's Alaska Airlines not Eskimo Brothers Airlines
So no forthcoming earning opportunities at the EBDBBnB?
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:33 pm

Programs: AA 1MM Lifetime Gold, AA Platinum, WS Gold, Marriott Bonvoy Gold
Nice NPR article on why you probably should not use the word "Eskimo"

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsand...dnt-say-eskimo
Old Jul 19, 2017, 8:54 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Originally Posted by ricktoronto
Nice NPR article on why you probably should not use the word "Eskimo"

http://www.npr.org/sections/goatsand...dnt-say-eskimo
and one in how it's still an often accepted term in the state or Alaska: https://www.uaf.edu/anlc/resources/inuit-eskimo/
Old Jul 19, 2017, 9:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Gold 1MM, AS 75k, AA Plat, Bonvoyed Gold, Honors Dia, Hyatt Explorer, IHG Plat, ...
Originally Posted by QXflyer
and one in how it's still an often accepted term in the state or Alaska: https://www.uaf.edu/anlc/resources/inuit-eskimo/
That article seems to be partially a source for the first one. Both say the term is still accepted by many in Alaska.

(I am not in Alaska, so I choose to avoid it, but will admit I sometimes forget)
Old Jul 20, 2017, 9:48 pm

Programs: AS (75K+ miles flown) | Marriott Rewards | MLife Sapphire | Identity Silver | Hertz Gold Plus |
Originally Posted by notquiteaff
That article seems to be partially a source for the first one. Both say the term is still accepted by many in Alaska.

(I am not in Alaska, so I choose to avoid it, but will admit I sometimes forget)
Half Inupiaq, don't mind it but you can tell when someone is trying to be derogatory and then it irks me.
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:05 pm

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a MT partnership (though I too would like that). IB and KA are both owned by the parents of longtime AS partners BA and CX, but they're still not partners. The most optimistic view is that perhaps IB and KA were excluded since they don't serve any AS hubs,
though that hasn't prevented other partnerships (e.g. QF).
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by milypan
I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for a MT partnership (though I too would like that). IB and KA are both owned by the parents of longtime AS partners BA and CX, but they're still not partners. The most optimistic view is that perhaps IB and KA were excluded since they don't serve any AS hubs,
though that hasn't prevented other partnerships (e.g. QF).
LAX has been an official AS hub for a long time (well before the VX acquisition). QF serves it.

Of course, so does IB... but I would imagine that traffic flow from MAD to the PNW isn't as good as from Australia (plus MAD can feed East Coast/Midwest easier than Australia).
Old Jul 20, 2017, 10:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
http://m.imdb.com/title/tt0023990/
Old Jul 21, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: BART Platinum, AA Plat Pro
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
LAX has been an official AS hub for a long time (well before the VX acquisition). QF serves it.

Of course, so does IB... but I would imagine that traffic flow from MAD to the PNW isn't as good as from Australia (plus MAD can feed East Coast/Midwest easier than Australia).
Ah, I was not aware of that, I thought they'd just promoted it to hub status with the VX acquisition. FWIW I believe the IB service to LAX is seasonal.
Old Jul 21, 2017, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by milypan
Ah, I was not aware of that, I thought they'd just promoted it to hub status with the VX acquisition. FWIW I believe the IB service to LAX is seasonal.
That would make sense- way more Australia feed to LAX (SYD/BNE/MEL) as opposed to a seasonal MAD flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.