Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Access to Alaska Lounge at SEA, booked with a BA flight number

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 17, 2017, 3:36 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, VS Gold

Hi

I'm flying Seattle-Anchorage on an Alaska Airlines flight but it is booked as a British Airways flight number (connecting from London).

I don't have status on Alaskan, but I do on BA. (OneWorld = Sapphire).

I have tried googling and looking on both airline's websites but I can't work out if I will be able to enter the Alaskan lounge for my 3 hour layover.

I'm assuming I can't but would be nice if I was wrong!

Thanks

(I am also posting this on the BA forum, because I think it's relevant to both)
Old Jul 17, 2017, 4:49 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
You don't have access. Alaska is not part of oneworld.

Similarly, Alaska elites get BA lounge access in LHR if flying LHR-SEA but not Alaska lounge access at SEA-XXX.

They want you to buy the Alaska Lounge membership.

But it makes no sense, because UA AA and DL all allow access on international itineraries because of their alliances.

It's one of the weaknesses of AS.
Old Jul 17, 2017, 7:20 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
You will have AS lounge access only if traveling in paid F.

The AS website is clear about who and how one gains admission. BA is not a partner and has no reciprocity agreement with BA.

You may pay for lounge access, but you will likely find that SEA is a pleasant airport with many food & drink offerings far nicer than the AS lounge and at far less cost.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.