Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Phantom Award Availability - Multiple partners

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Phantom Award Availability - Multiple partners

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2017, 7:07 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Ringside
I tried to book a Virgin America first class award and it too is 'phantom' availability. Website shows it is available but when they request it, the request comes back from VX as not available.
I had problem with revenue as well. Showed 1 seat left at price for hours but never worked.
Old Sep 10, 2017, 6:10 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Hyatt Diamond
Both last night and this morning Condor and AA from Europe gave me the error. Agent this morning said not available, partner had not released the space yet for Aug 5 or 6th flights.

Any advice?
Old Apr 17, 2018, 10:25 am

Programs: Alaska 100k
Resurrecting this old thread because I found a new example of phantom availability. I previously posted this message in Q&A:
Originally Posted by sturges
Have BA Club Europe awards always sold as premium economy? Is this a tongue-in-check jab at BA for having a terrible euro business class?
I was looking to book SEA-LHR-NCE on BA and was seeing "mixed cabin" as usual. But when I clicked it, it showed the following:
SEA-LHR - Business
LHR-NCE - Premium Economy

The A320 used for BA does not have premium economy according to EF.

Not bad for a "mixed cabin" ^

I swear that I remember seeing euro business sold as "business" in the past, but it has been a while since I booked a BA award.
However, when I went to book, it completely screwed up my reservation. Alaska confirmed me into F on SEA-LHR and then corrupted the PNR so that even the agent couldn't initially pull it up. She did some digging and found that their system was showing "Premium Economy" on lots of intra-euro flights, but NO J or Y availability. AS added the flights to the PNR, but BA (obviously) didn't so it made the reservation inaccessible (at least, this is what the agent explained).

I am still seeing tons of BA shorthaul "premium economy" flights that have no availability on EF. So beware.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 4:54 pm

Programs: AS, UA
Attempted to book BCN-LHR-SEA in BA Club World for October 26th with similar phantom availability a couple weeks ago. The crap part is that I had already transferred miles to United from Chase for my outbound booking and so I had to buy a cash fare for my home flight.

I had zero idea that Alaska's website would display totally false and misleading information.
Old Jul 5, 2018, 11:47 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SounderTID
Attempted to book BCN-LHR-SEA in BA Club World for October 26th with similar phantom availability a couple weeks ago. The crap part is that I had already transferred miles to United from Chase for my outbound booking and so I had to buy a cash fare for my home flight.

I had zero idea that Alaska's website would display totally false and misleading information.
Shocking, just like Qantus, American, British Airways and Expert Flyer. Garbage in Garbage out, as they say.

I had a JL award error on purchase. Waited 5 minutes and tried again at which time it completed successfully. Did you confirm availability elsewhere?

James
Old May 9, 2019, 8:44 am

Programs: I want to be free! Free!
AS does not seem to be "working" on this. Trying to book a trip on KE to Japan and the same flights show day after day but nothing but errors at the very last step of booking, and agents confirm it's just not there. tremendous waste of time and effort.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.