FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Preordering First Class Meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1846731-preordering-first-class-meals.html)

wylek Jan 27, 2018 9:44 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 29345218)
According to the FA on my BOS-SAN flight today preorder was successful in SEA and is to go system wide in a couple weeks

That is fantastic news! I've been anxiously waiting for this to go live on more routes.

Westcoaster Jan 28, 2018 12:47 pm

When I try to pre-order for TPA-SEA it says that the menu isn't available even though I'm well within the pre-order period. Maybe the menu will load in time -- we'll see.

gahyland Jan 29, 2018 9:25 pm

The FA on my last flight said the preorder fruit and cheese platter is not the same as the one sold in Coach. Has anyone tried it yet?

seahawks10177 Jan 29, 2018 11:10 pm

I have a flight from IAH to SEA next week and I will try it out!

beckoa Jan 30, 2018 1:30 am

Originally Posted by gahyland (Post 29355948)
The FA on my last flight said the preorder fruit and cheese platter is not the same as the one sold in Coach. Has anyone tried it yet?

IIRC its very similar, but slightly different.

It does come plated ;)

wwongo Jan 30, 2018 3:18 pm

I had my second trip with preordering recently(both were Seattle to DC flights) and again the flight attendants did not have any idea that I had pre ordered. One said that she didn't know how to look that up. I noticed someone across the aisle asking for a fruit and cheese platter and being told that they don't have them up front but she could get one from the back.

JIMCHI Jan 30, 2018 4:05 pm

Originally Posted by wwongo (Post 29359340)
I had my second trip with preordering recently(both were Seattle to DC flights) and again the flight attendants did not have any idea that I had pre ordered. One said that she didn't know how to look that up. I noticed someone across the aisle asking for a fruit and cheese platter and being told that they don't have them up front but she could get one from the back.

Complain loud and clear to AS that this is not acceptable. All of the F/A's should have been trained by now. If that F/A didn't know how to find it, then he/she should have asked another F/A.

dayone Jan 30, 2018 4:52 pm

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 29356569)
IIRC its very similar, but slightly different.

It does come plated ;)

And with a chocolate.

quemalo Jan 31, 2018 9:43 am

Originally Posted by gahyland (Post 29355948)

There are two differences that I've noticed. First is the obvious one where it is on a plate instead of in the tray. The second one is that it looks like 1 1/2 of the coach trays, if not 2 of them. It's a *lot* of fruit that comes on the plate in first.

Eujeanie Jan 31, 2018 10:47 am

Originally Posted by quemalo (Post 29362288)
There are two differences that I've noticed. First is the obvious one where it is on a plate instead of in the tray. The second one is that it looks like 1 1/2 of the coach trays, if not 2 of them. It's a *lot* of fruit that comes on the plate in first.

I don't think so...we always SPLIT the cheese plate in Y, and we each get 2 slices of apple. And while that looks like a lot of grapes, sometimes you get a small bunch of red and a small bunch of green. I think it looks exactly the same (although that brand of crackers does not look familiar). And the Y one includes the chocolate, too.

DaWhirledTraveller Feb 1, 2018 1:10 am

Looks like pre-order option is available for Big Island to Mainland flights. There are 3 hot entrées and the Fruit & Cheese Plate showing up for my upcoming flight.

beckoa Feb 1, 2018 2:54 am

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller (Post 29365459)
Looks like pre-order option is available for Big Island to Mainland flights. There are 3 hot entrées and the Fruit & Cheese Plate showing up for my upcoming flight.

Nice. Do you mind sharing what they are? They weren't there for PDX-KOA earlier this week.

DaWhirledTraveller Feb 1, 2018 7:05 am

Originally Posted by beckoa (Post 29365643)
Nice. Do you mind sharing what they are? They weren't there for PDX-KOA earlier this week.

The options showing up in the app are: Braised Beef Short Rib, Dijon Roasted Chicken Breast, Stuffed Chicken Breast and Fruit & Cheese Plate.

(I originally truncated the information, because I didn't want to re-type - no cut and paste out of the app). The description in the app for the Beef - Braised beef short rib with Chianti rosemary demi and crispy sweet onions roasted garlic mashed potatoes, buttered asparagus. Dijon Chicken - Dijon mustard roasted chicken breast with roasted garlic red wine demi, sautéed haricot vert, rich brie risotto. Stuffed Chicken Breast - Stuffed chicken breast with ricotta, sun-dried tomatoes and basil with tomato caper sauce, angel hair pasta, sautéed zucchini and sweet onions.

Eujeanie Feb 1, 2018 8:39 am

Originally Posted by DaWhirledTraveller (Post 29366222)
The options showing up in the app are: Braised Beef Short Rib, Dijon Roasted Chicken Breast, Stuffed Chicken Breast and Fruit & Cheese Plate.

So is this similar to what the app always shows? They don't say what kind of sauce, what vegetables, etc? Or was it truncated here for less typing purposes? (strange that there are 2 chicken dishes).

seahawks10177 Feb 1, 2018 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 29366620)
So is this similar to what the app always shows? They don't say what kind of sauce, what vegetables, etc? Or was it truncated here for less typing purposes? (strange that there are 2 chicken dishes).

That is strange with two chicken options. I wish they had a pasta option. Looks good though!