FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan-442/)
-   -   Preordering First Class Meals (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/alaska-airlines-mileage-plan/1846731-preordering-first-class-meals.html)

seahawks10177 Feb 11, 2018 5:11 pm

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 29406119)
If you want granola for sure make sure you are in row 1 or pre-order. It was tasty but not very filling

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...370b85a625.jpg

See, I feel like that wouldn't fill me up

Finkface Feb 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Originally Posted by seahawks10177 (Post 29406183)
See, I feel like that wouldn't fill me up

Yeah, I’ll stick with the omelette. It looks delicious but it has to last me for 6 hours.

seahawks10177 Feb 11, 2018 5:21 pm

Originally Posted by Finkface (Post 29406192)
Yeah, I’ll stick with the omelette. It looks delicious but it has to last me for 6 hours.

Hopefully, the snack basket comes out as well so that would help

Eujeanie Feb 11, 2018 6:02 pm

Originally Posted by seahawks10177 (Post 29406210)

I consider the big picture - am I hitting the ground running with a wonderful lunch, or will this airplane meal have to tide me over until dinner?

Finkface Feb 11, 2018 6:25 pm

Originally Posted by Eujeanie (Post 29406325)
I consider the big picture - am I hitting the ground running with a wonderful lunch, or will this airplane meal have to tide me over until dinner?

This time for me it is the latter. I have a meeting 90 minutes after I land. Sorry, granola, you will have to wait for another day.

BayAreaTrvler Feb 11, 2018 7:06 pm

Fruit and Cheese Box

Flew HNL to OAK this weekend, and pre-selected the fruit and cheese option. It worked, but they simply handed us the box they sell in the back. So, to the questions earlier of whether the option in First was different in some way, the answer seems to be no.

mbluecpa Feb 11, 2018 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler (Post 29406479)
Flew HNL to OAK this weekend, and pre-selected the fruit and cheese option. It worked, but they simply handed us the box they sell in the back. So, to the questions earlier of whether the option in First was different in some way, the answer seems to be no.

The October 2017 announcement references the option as the Signature fruit and cheese plate “served on a first class plate” so no expectation of a difference in contents though it seems the FAs aren’t bothering to plate it.

JIMCHI Feb 11, 2018 10:04 pm

Originally Posted by seahawks10177 (Post 29406210)

Fly SMF-OGG a few times a year in F. A quiche simply doesn't cut it on a flight this long. I dislike the snack basket- full of very salty/spicy chips. I'm buying a sandwich or something else to take onboard to add to the tasty, but pathetically small "brunch" (unless you're stuck with the dreaded granola on a flight this long).

quemalo Feb 12, 2018 10:19 am

Originally Posted by CDKing (Post 29406119)
If you want granola for sure make sure you are in row 1 or pre-order. It was tasty but not very filling

https://cimg0.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...370b85a625.jpg

That looks really good!

lalala Feb 13, 2018 9:32 am

Originally Posted by BayAreaTrvler (Post 29406479)

Stay classy Alaska.

seahawks10177 Feb 13, 2018 10:33 am

Originally Posted by lalala (Post 29411569)
Stay classy Alaska.

makes it easy for Alaska

jiburi Feb 13, 2018 10:52 am

Originally Posted by quemalo (Post 29408611)
That looks really good!

AS should load all F passengers food the same hot breakfast meal (12 or 16) but have a box of granola or oats ready to pour onto an empty bowl should a passenger prefer the other. It seems too cruel for a passenger who have paid F, and get stuck with the granola or oat they didn't want. Simple pour onto a empty bowl, and serve. Seem it would be an easy thing to please all.

Jiburi

atcanobbio Feb 13, 2018 6:37 pm

I flew BOS-SEA this past sunday. I preordered my meal 100hrs out. I was curious to see if the FA would bring it up when taking meal orders. FA did not. I informed the FA that I had pre-ordered and that i'd like to stick to that meal. FA was like "oh let me check". FA went through the phone-app thing they have, scrolled a bit and then finally saw my pre-order. After acknowledging my order, FA said he did NOT know about the pre-ordering system and that we were his first experience with it.

i think Alaska's app should have some sort of obvious indicator right next to the passenger name informing the FA whether a meal was pre-ordered or not,.

VegasGambler Feb 13, 2018 7:09 pm

When I flew OAK-OGG, the FA got to me and immediately said that she had my omelette pre-order in. So, everything went smoothly.

RE: the food, it was ok for airline food. The omelette was pretty good with plenty of cheese. The potatoes were potatoes. The sausage was less flavorful than I was hoping for but it was edible and meat. Overall, I've eaten way worse stuff on a plane, and I was hungry, so I was happy. Getting stuck with granola or whatever would have made me VERY unhappy, so the pre-ordering worked well (I think everyone got their preference, but I was in 3F, and the last person asked for their order, so it was nice to have the order in early). My only real complaint is that the breakfast could have been a little (or a lot) bigger. I was still kind of hungry when I was finished -- I could have easily eaten two of them.

I'm curious to see what the quiche is like.

JIMCHI Feb 13, 2018 7:45 pm

Originally Posted by VegasGambler (Post 29413631)
When I flew OAK-OGG, the FA got to me and immediately said that she had my omelette pre-order in. So, everything went smoothly.

RE: the food, it was ok for airline food. The omelette was pretty good with plenty of cheese. The potatoes were potatoes. The sausage was less flavorful than I was hoping for but it was edible and meat. Overall, I've eaten way worse stuff on a plane, and I was hungry, so I was happy. Getting stuck with granola or whatever would have made me VERY unhappy, so the pre-ordering worked well (I think everyone got their preference, but I was in 3F, and the last person asked for their order, so it was nice to have the order in early). My only real complaint is that the breakfast could have been a little (or a lot) bigger. I was still kind of hungry when I was finished -- I could have easily eaten two of them.

I'm curious to see what the quiche is like.

I agree, while the quality is pretty good, the quantity on these long haul flights is simply not sufficient. Presumably anyone with a long haul flight after 8 a.m. has had breakfast one way or another. They need to serve a substantial hot lunch to every passenger on these flights who wants one. It needs to be served maybe 2+ hours into these flights.