Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Elite Bag (Brag) Tags

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2017, 1:46 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, National Executive Elite
Alaska Elite Bag (Brag) Tags

I've noticed other pax with Alaska bag tags noting their status. Are these typically sent with Gold or only for 75k? When I hit Gold, I only got a credit card sized card identifying my name, mileage plan number, and status.

I know they don't do anything for different handling, but my favorite tag was torn off on my last flight and I was curious about a shiny Alaska brag tag.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:04 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Only for 75K now. They used to give them out for Golds and MVPs (I think) but phased it out.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:34 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by keitherson
Only for 75K now. They used to give them out for Golds and MVPs (I think) but phased it out.
In over 10 years as Gold or higher, I've only had the bag tags as G75K.

The design changed in the past year as well.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:15 am

I wonder if these tags are more or less popular in traditional AS territory (Alaska/PNW) than they are in other parts of the country? My guess is less. While there may be some utility involved, the underlying intention of most users is for other flyers to see them.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:33 am

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by flytoeat
While there may be some utility involved, the underlying intention of most users is for other flyers to see them.
Is that a problem? It's really no different from wearing a baseball cap you purchased at a far away exotic destination like Bloody Mary's bar in Bora Bora.

It reminds them of something they put forth effort to accomplish / attend. And quite often just may be a conversation starter.

Ymmv.

Last edited by flyupfrnt; Mar 9, 2017 at 8:54 am
Old Mar 9, 2017, 8:58 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
These are the tags that have the name of the member on them, is that correct?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 10:30 am
vgc

Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
Yes, that's correct. I noticed that my bags are among the first to arrive from baggage claim (at least in Seattle) when I have those tags on my luggage.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 4:22 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
I still have last years' Gold 75K tags on my bags. The new design is just a bit bland for me.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 5:19 pm

Programs: Alaska 100K - MM, defender of shoes on the carpeted bulkhead 4ever, AA LT PLT, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia
Originally Posted by Buster CT1K
and your member number (the ones in the past), which I think it not a great idea.
Old Mar 9, 2017, 6:57 pm

Programs: AS 75K, DL PM
When I requalify this year do i get a card for MVP, Gold and then 75K with luggage tags?
Old Mar 9, 2017, 7:17 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
When I requalify this year do i get a card for MVP, Gold and then 75K with luggage tags?
I qualified for 75K in June but the tags didn't show up until December. So unless this year is different, you may have to wait until the end of the year.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 8:47 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by beckoa
In over 10 years as Gold or higher, I've only had the bag tags as G75K.

The design changed in the past year as well.
I have many from my Gold days, but most of them wore out or fell off many years ago. I still have a bunch and a 75K, more than I have space for on my bags.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:20 pm

Location: Seattle, WA & Red Lodge, MT (USA) and Cumbria, England
Programs: AA Platinum for Life, AS MVP Gold 100K, Marriott Titanium for Life, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by lalala
and your member number (the ones in the past), which I think it not a great idea.
The new tag design for this year doesn't include the MileagePlan number.
Old Mar 10, 2017, 10:42 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by Idaho Territory
Originally Posted by dieselbear
I qualified for 75K in June but the tags didn't show up until December. So unless this year is different, you may have to wait until the end of the year.
You will get one set of tags that match your final 75K status level.

Last edited by BOB W; Mar 10, 2017 at 11:06 pm
Old Mar 11, 2017, 10:31 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, HH Diamond
A couple of years ago, I boarded a plane behind someone with six 75K tags hanging from his backpack. Three pairs taped back-to-back, so the front was facing out from both sides.

Particularly odd since this was a DL flight.
sea_jeff and JALOO5-Flyer like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.