Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Upgrade Processor Glitches

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:04 am

Programs: Yes
Originally Posted by mtofell
T-26 hours the seat map shows 6 FC seats open while the status page says there are 4 FC seats available. I'm sure I'll find out soon enough but am curious if anyone else has encountered this and what was the outcome?
The Seat Map isn’t an accurate measure of available J, as people may not have picked a seat but do hold a ticket. The Flight Status page doesn’t update too regularly (seems like 2x an hour these days and there’s a posted time at the top), but it does pull from the reported J fare bucket. If it’s reporting J4, that’s what I would trust.

If you want to share the specific flight, I can look at EF and report back. 🤙🏻🥃
mildfrequence likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by anteater
The Seat Map isn’t an accurate measure of available J, as people may not have picked a seat but do hold a ticket. The Flight Status page doesn’t update too regularly (seems like 2x an hour these days and there’s a posted time at the top), but it does pull from the reported J fare bucket. If it’s reporting J4, that’s what I would trust.

If you want to share the specific flight, I can look at EF and report back. 🤙🏻🥃
879 SFO>OGG - tomorrow, 12/15. Thanks!!

Strange thing is overnight I went from #4 to #5 on the waitlist.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 10:15 am

Originally Posted by mtofell
879 SFO>OGG - tomorrow, 12/15. Thanks!!

Strange thing is overnight I went from #4 to #5 on the waitlist.
AS 879 SFO 11:05a → OGG 3:00p
J4 C4 D4 I4 U0 E0 Y7 B7 H7 K7 M7 L7 V7 S7 N6 Q0 O0 G0 X7 T0

As for the waitlist, sounds like an elite with a higher ranking (elite status, fare class, MM) moved onto your flight.
mtofell likes this.
Old Dec 14, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: AS 100K, Hilton Diamond
Well...3rd Phone Agent and 30minutes later..my ticket is alive again. They ended up needing to completely reissue the ticket so that I could actually check-in, and even then I still couldn't and they had to do it for me. UG Professor must have been on a Blackout Binge last night.
anteater likes this.
Old Mar 4, 2024, 4:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Globalist
This might fall more into gate agent territory than upgrade processor but recently I flew LAS-SFO and it went out with 1 seat in F empty. I was traveling with a companion but I was #1 on the list. In past experiences gate agents will come up to us and ask if we're willing to split up. (In this case we would have said yes.) I wrote into Alaska Listens and this is the response I got:

Dear [REDACTED]

Hi my name is [REDACTED] and I'm the supervisor of station operaions for Alaska Airlines in Las Vegas, NV. I’d like to thank you for completing our online survey regarding your flight experience. I appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it gives us to improve. I would like to extend my sincere apology for your recent travel experience with us. We value your feedback and, for this reason, we regularly use customer comments when making considerations for future improvements or enhancements. That said, I am confident that on a future flight you will enjoy the high level of service that Alaska Airlines is known for and that you deserve.

Alaska Airlines is a service-oriented business serving millions of passengers every year across three countries. As such, we have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding surrounding our guideline and offer my apology that you were not clearly informed of such. We apologize that you were not offered the seat that you were eligible for. There were multiple circumstances surounding the flight that prevented any seat changes after the flght was pass departure time.

Thank you again for sharing your experience via Alaska Listens. It’s very helpful to get your specific feedback and to share with my team so we may understand and improve our customers’ experience.

Sincerely,
[REDACTED]

1) They couldn't bother to use spell check?
2) This generic email with little information kind of pisses me off more than not getting offered the upgrade
3) How do you know that I will receive "high level of service" on my next flight?
4) The flight was delayed and we had to deplane and reboard. There was PLENTY of time for gate agents to process the upgrade or ask us if we were willing to split (and if not, offer to #3 on the list)
Old Mar 4, 2024, 5:02 pm

Originally Posted by ssk244
This might fall more into gate agent territory than upgrade processor but recently I flew LAS-SFO and it went out with 1 seat in F empty. I was traveling with a companion but I was #1 on the list. In past experiences gate agents will come up to us and ask if we're willing to split up. (In this case we would have said yes.) I wrote into Alaska Listens and this is the response I got:

Dear [REDACTED]

Hi my name is [REDACTED] and I'm the supervisor of station operaions for Alaska Airlines in Las Vegas, NV. I’d like to thank you for completing our online survey regarding your flight experience. I appreciate your feedback and the opportunity it gives us to improve. I would like to extend my sincere apology for your recent travel experience with us. We value your feedback and, for this reason, we regularly use customer comments when making considerations for future improvements or enhancements. That said, I am confident that on a future flight you will enjoy the high level of service that Alaska Airlines is known for and that you deserve.

Alaska Airlines is a service-oriented business serving millions of passengers every year across three countries. As such, we have implemented certain guidelines and procedures to ensure the service each customer receives is consistent and fair. I am truly sorry for the misunderstanding surrounding our guideline and offer my apology that you were not clearly informed of such. We apologize that you were not offered the seat that you were eligible for. There were multiple circumstances surounding the flight that prevented any seat changes after the flght was pass departure time.

Thank you again for sharing your experience via Alaska Listens. It’s very helpful to get your specific feedback and to share with my team so we may understand and improve our customers’ experience.

Sincerely,
[REDACTED]

1) They couldn't bother to use spell check?
2) This generic email with little information kind of pisses me off more than not getting offered the upgrade
3) How do you know that I will receive "high level of service" on my next flight?
4) The flight was delayed and we had to deplane and reboard. There was PLENTY of time for gate agents to process the upgrade or ask us if we were willing to split (and if not, offer to #3 on the list)
Unless there was some very specific IRROPS (broken seat, FAM, other security concern, W&B, inbound severe weather, etc.), the GA should have processed the UG WL, period.

Once a flight goes into gate control, the upgrade professor is no longer operating. So, we can give it a pass here but AS a fail.

You could try politely replying and asking to escalate it to a supervisor and clarifying your concern for an actual response. AFAIK, a lot of these outbound replies are form generated and don’t always directly match the inquiry.

Sadly, I am more often agreeing with the sentiment that if there’s a chance one may be upgraded, then one shouldn’t board until it’s confirmed or denied. You cannot rely on the GAs to perform this task.

🤙🏻🍹
ssk244 and mildfrequence like this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 4:45 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
I noticed the other day a waitlist with #26-50 being a duplicate of #1-25. 👀
anteater likes this.
Old Apr 21, 2024, 1:04 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
On a flight SEA-YVR, 100k, first on upgrade list.

did not clear. But two pax in 3D/F missed their flight, and an agent came to provide boarding passes to two solo pax for a last minute upgrade — despite them being lower on the list.

curious if this is normal?
Old Apr 21, 2024, 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
On a flight SEA-YVR, 100k, first on upgrade list.

did not clear. But two pax in 3D/F missed their flight, and an agent came to provide boarding passes to two solo pax for a last minute upgrade — despite them being lower on the list.

curious if this is normal?
Assuming I am looking at the correct flight per your other post, the UG list as of this moment is displaying the top two pax were upgraded to 3D/F. Were you displaying above these two pax earlier (gate, website, app)?

Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:21 pm

Programs: SkyPesos -> MVP Gold 100K
Assuming I am looking at the correct flight per your other post, the UG list as of this moment is displaying the top two pax were upgraded to 3D/F. Were you displaying above these two pax earlier (gate, website, app)?

correct, was above these two pax at gate and on app before. The two pax were upgraded to premium class first, then subsequently first class after the original ticket holders no showed
Old Apr 21, 2024, 8:56 pm

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
Originally Posted by secretalcoholic
correct, was above these two pax at gate and on app before. The two pax were upgraded to premium class first, then subsequently first class after the original ticket holders no showed
I can't say I have seen people moving up on the waitlist for simply being upgraded.
dgreen12 and TalkingPoint like this.
Old Apr 22, 2024, 1:45 pm

I believe the UG professor is still recovering from a weekend bender as AS1370 PVR-SFO is showing a duplicated waitlist.

Last edited by anteater; Apr 22, 2024 at 2:17 pm
Old Apr 22, 2024, 4:37 pm

Got skipped over this morning.

UL @ T-30
Spoiler

6 F available, and I was sitting at 6 on the list. It looked to me like #3-5 were a group of 3, so I wasn't expecting them to get processed for upgrade.

UL @ T-23
Spoiler

Old Apr 22, 2024, 4:55 pm

Originally Posted by deal
Got skipped over this morning.

UL @ T-30
Spoiler

6 F available, and I was sitting at 6 on the list. It looked to me like #3-5 were a group of 3, so I wasn't expecting them to get processed for upgrade.

UL @ T-23
Spoiler

It’s possible you may not have been skipped over. For example, if the five pax above you were upgraded and one new paid FC pax exercised a SDC onto your flight, taking the sixth seat. 🤙🏻🥃
Old Apr 22, 2024, 6:43 pm

It’s possible you may not have been skipped over. For example, if the five pax above you were upgraded and one new paid FC pax exercised a SDC onto your flight, taking the sixth seat. 🤙🏻🥃
Possible but unlikely. I was the first flight out, so hypothetically at T-23 no other flights for the day would have been within their SDC window.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.