Wiki Posts
Search

F Lav is now called Forward Lav

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2016, 3:28 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS
F Lav is now called Forward Lav

On yesterdays flight from Lax to Sea, I was paying attention to welcome and preflight announcement from forward FA.
I thought the reference on lavatory use was left out on last weeks flight, so I was really trying to hear what was said.
Surprised to hear, "those of you who choose to use the FORWARD LAV, please do not line up in forward cabin. Please wait at divider for use of FORWARD LAV ".
No longer is there something like, " we ask you to use the lavatories in the cabin to which you are seated. Coach passengers please use 3 at rear.The First Class Lav reserved for the use of our First Class Passengers."
I do not care if those in 6 choose to go up front, or cart in aisle for emergency. But when looking back and see clear aisle to galley and someone coming forward from row 20, that is not OK with me.
Each time we have flown - last 4 - someone in F has complained (not me) to FA about lack of access to F Lav. They just say, "Sorry". Possible policy change or perhaps precursor to Prem. Economy roll out??
Old Oct 6, 2016, 4:13 pm

Programs: AS MVP
Something this minor could potentially be a FA ad libbing a little. Sometimes they don't stick to the script completely.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 8:27 pm

Programs: UA MM, AS MVPG75K, Marriott Lifetime Gold
I've heard Forward and First Class used interchangably for years to describe the lav near the cockpit. I don't think this is new.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 9:27 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by bmvaughn
I've heard Forward and First Class used interchangably for years to describe the lav near the cockpit. I don't think this is new.
+1 Same here.
eponymous_coward likes this.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 10:13 pm
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

"For security reasons, please use the lavatory in your ticketed cabin." Same as it ever was.
Old Oct 6, 2016, 11:21 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
On my JFK-SEA flight yesterday AM, they proactively made an announcement mid flight that "there are no carts in the aisles currently so please use the lave in your cabin" or something very close to that.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
This is a report of one FA's choice of terminology on one flight. It hardly suggests a wholesale change in airline policy.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 9:58 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
I hear it called forward lav all the time.

Neil
Old Oct 7, 2016, 10:00 am

Programs: AA ExecPlat; AF Gold; UA GS; Hyatt L. Globalist; Marriott Plat; Hilton Diamond; National EE
Originally Posted by flyupfrnt
On my JFK-SEA flight yesterday AM, they proactively made an announcement mid flight that "there are no carts in the aisles currently so please use the lave in your cabin" or something very close to that.
Sometimes I ask the FAs to keep the F lav for F passengers. After that, they make the "no more carts in the aisles, please use the lavatory in your ticketed cabin" announcement. It sounds proactive to anyone who doesn't notice me asking.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 12:40 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Last week SAN-MCO, they said everyone could use either forward or rear lav, just could not form a life before row 6.
Old Oct 7, 2016, 1:56 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by missamo80
I hear it called forward lav all the time.
+1
Old Oct 7, 2016, 6:01 pm

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21
and the rear, hiney.

Jiburi
Old Dec 12, 2019, 2:41 pm

Programs: Alaska 75K United 1K
This is a pet peeve of mine whether in First class or coach

No enforcement of F Lav with a freeway of people using front lav when no carts in aisle

I sent a comment to customer care and the response from them was "I regret that the flight attendants did not enforce the policy of the First Class lavatory, I understand that it far from ideal when multiple main cabin guests continuously go in and out of First Class to use the lavatory."

I thought AS doesnt require coach to use lavs in back?
AS f/a have told me they arent asked to enforce this

Who is correct?
Old Dec 12, 2019, 3:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
It's spectacularly inconsistent and been a discussion point in the AS forum for years, as you can see from reviving a 3+ year old dead thread.
be_rettSEA likes this.
Old Dec 12, 2019, 4:51 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
This is one area where I find the pre-merger VX FAs are more consistent with enforcement. I chalk it up to their previous training being VERY strict on keeping that F class rope up at all times.
NoLaGent likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.