Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

How Do You Book Flights With AS That Show Phantom Availability?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

How Do You Book Flights With AS That Show Phantom Availability?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:17 pm

Originally Posted by spongenotbob
Anyone else having trouble booking simple domestic saver flights on AA currently? (Using AS miles)

(12.5k miles, shows up the search, errors -1620 & -10 on booking)
Yep, been going on for several weeks now, affecting domestic and the majority of international cities. Was being discussed in this thread.
Managing to get something ticketed may not actually return a booking with all the legs you thought you had included. Some agents are able to get flights ticketed but ymmv, as most will simply say it's a booking error and can't be completed.
Not sure why an alert can't be put up on the site a la Emirates..
Old Jan 3, 2018, 10:39 pm

Originally Posted by Speedbird84
Yep, been going on for several weeks now, affecting domestic and the majority of international cities. Was being discussed in this thread.
Managing to get something ticketed may not actually return a booking with all the legs you thought you had included. Some agents are able to get flights ticketed but ymmv, as most will simply say it's a booking error and can't be completed.
Not sure why an alert can't be put up on the site a la Emirates..
Sheesh... come on Alaska... this is supposed to be easy. Simple, one-way, domestic AA itinerary....
Old Feb 6, 2018, 10:45 pm

Programs: AA, UA, DL, NSA, CIA, MIB
Just tried booking LAX-SEA-PEK for 10/11 and got the dreaded error message:
The request was not successful. See the red message(s) below. Space on partner flights cannot be confirmed. Please change the dates, cities, or flights of your original request.
To continue, shop again for other fare and flight options.If this problem continues, please call 1-800-ALASKAAIR (1-800-252-7522) for other fare and flight options.Called but was told she saw the same thing. She offered to check other dates, same problem. She suggested I try CX to which I said the miles needed go way up, why can't AS do what they show? She wasn't sure what was up and put me on hold. Came back and said she wasn't able to do anything further.
I was even willing to try LAX-LAS-PEK but same problem.

If anyone has an EF account and could check HU seats in business for SEA-PEK or SJC-PEK I'd really appreciate it if you'd let me know if 2 seats show up in either. Also, we're flexible with dates except we wouldn't want to go the 1st week of Oct due to National Holiday in Beijing.
~thanks

UPDATE!
***Well that went quick! I kept plugging in different dates(we're flexible) and found a date that worked! I have a confirmation number!!***

Last edited by cajunguy; Feb 6, 2018 at 10:54 pm
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:15 pm

AF and KL added to the list. This is looking more and more like an intentional squeeze on Alaska's part.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 1:55 am

Phantom availability of JAL award space on alaska has been a nightmare. The final payment screen shows "We're sorry, we aren't able to confirm space on these partner flights. Please try again and choose different flights, dates or cities." I've tried multiple dates.

This also ends up nuking Alaska's cache of data for 10-20 minutes, during which no one sees the award space any longer, including agents!

However, once it returned, I was able to book it by calling an agent, fortunately.

Side-note: They misspelled another passenger's name which I'm having to jump through hoops to try to fix now. damn it AK...
Old Apr 29, 2018, 10:55 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by narsil
Phantom availability of JAL award space on alaska has been a nightmare. The final payment screen shows "We're sorry, we aren't able to confirm space on these partner flights. Please try again and choose different flights, dates or cities." I've tried multiple dates.

This also ends up nuking Alaska's cache of data for 10-20 minutes, during which no one sees the award space any longer, including agents!

However, once it returned, I was able to book it by calling an agent, fortunately.

Side-note: They misspelled another passenger's name which I'm having to jump through hoops to try to fix now. damn it AK...
Touche for mispelling AS' code

Glad you found a workaround.
Old Apr 29, 2018, 11:50 pm

Programs: BA GGL, AA EXP and former CK, DL Plat, UA Gold MM
Originally Posted by Kieron
Were you trying yesterday? MP was down for half the day, which could've contributed to the problem, but it was back up by late afternoon.
Is this why we would want to be a part of this new expanded boring airline?
Old May 2, 2018, 7:07 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
All JAL award flights seem to have disappeared - tried many dates from near (where there was lots of availability when I checked the day before) to mid to far - no flights listed at all for JAL - agent thought it was strange too. Asked him to report to IT to see if they can fix the glitch. Checked yesterday and today - anyone successfully seeing an seats?
Old May 2, 2018, 9:20 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by estnet
All JAL award flights seem to have disappeared - tried many dates from near (where there was lots of availability when I checked the day before) to mid to far - no flights listed at all for JAL - agent thought it was strange too. Asked him to report to IT to see if they can fix the glitch. Checked yesterday and today - anyone successfully seeing an seats?
I can find JAL domestic flights within the new 60 day window. See post #12 & 13 at the end
Any chance of redeeming J award on JL 41 for 1 May?

JAL is now blocking domestic availability for partners to match what they do for their own JMB members. I wonder if JAL accidentally blocked availability from the US for AS along with that change.
Old May 2, 2018, 10:08 pm

Programs: UA plat, , aa plat, marriott LT titanium
My searches were not for domestic flights - wonder if you're right

Originally Posted by rustykettel

I can find JAL domestic flights within the new 60 day window. See post #12 & 13 at the end
Any chance of redeeming J award on JL 41 for 1 May?

JAL is now blocking domestic availability for partners to match what they do for their own JMB members. I wonder if JAL accidentally blocked availability from the US for AS along with that change.
Old May 17, 2021, 9:53 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Tried to book LAX-MIA-STL on AA but keep getting the message "We're sorry, we aren't able to confirm space on these partner flights. Please try again and choose different flights, dates or cities"

I've tried several dates and they show up as available. I get all the way to click "Purchase" and then get the error. Has anyone else seen this recently? I'm wondering if it's a temporary system-wide glitch to something specific to my routes.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
Tried to book LAX-MIA-STL on AA but keep getting the message "We're sorry, we aren't able to confirm space on these partner flights. Please try again and choose different flights, dates or cities"

I've tried several dates and they show up as available. I get all the way to click "Purchase" and then get the error. Has anyone else seen this recently? I'm wondering if it's a temporary system-wide glitch to something specific to my routes.
Are you booking with multi-city or just entering it as a one-way LAX-STL? AA flights can sometimes be subject to married-segment availability issues.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:14 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Are you booking with multi-city or just entering it as a one-way LAX-STL? AA flights can sometimes be subject to married-segment availability issues.
It's a multi-city. I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to doing this but have done it successfully a few times. I've heard reference to the "married-segment availability" issues but don't really know what that means to be honest.
Old May 17, 2021, 10:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by RAD_PDX
It's a multi-city. I'm relatively inexperienced when it comes to doing this but have done it successfully a few times. I've heard reference to the "married-segment availability" issues but don't really know what that means to be honest.
I'm probably not the best person to explain it, but it has something to do with the fact that while there may be award space on the individual segments, in order for it to be "bookable", there needs to be availability on the trip as a whole (in other words, it needs to be available as a regular "one-way")....very annoying when I'm trying to piece together flights that I want, particularly in first class.
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old May 17, 2021, 11:30 am

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Is this a true multi-city or are you connecting in MIA to get to STL? If it's really 2 legs with a stopover in MIA, married segment availability won't apply here.

Is it revenue or award?

If you provide dates, we might have a better idea...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.