Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IFE query

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:26 pm
Original Poster

IFE query

I'm flying Alaska HNL-PDX on a Saturday.

Having done a little research, I know there are no seat screens on Alaska jets, but there is IFE available via my personal device. Do I need to download something to my Android tablet to make this happen?

How does the selection seem to be on Alaska in terms of movies, live tv, etc?

Sorry if covered elsewhere; if so, point me in that direction and I will read up on it.

Thanks for your help.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 4:34 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by dnmuga93
I'm flying Alaska HNL-PDX on a Saturday.

Having done a little research, I know there are no seat screens on Alaska jets, but there is IFE available via my personal device. Do I need to download something to my Android tablet to make this happen?

How does the selection seem to be on Alaska in terms of movies, live tv, etc?

Sorry if covered elsewhere; if so, point me in that direction and I will read up on it.

Thanks for your help.
Search for the Gogo Entertainment app for your tablet. There's an ok library. I wouldn't say it has a lot on it but many recent releases and others are in there for individual rentals. There is free content but it's not going to be popular tv shows or movies.

Alaska has a tablet for rent (free in F and for 75K's in coach) with a limited amount of content loaded and access to additional titles for individual charge (same as the Gogo app on your own tablet). There's always a possibility that the Alaska tablets could run the it before they get to you if you're further back.

No live TV, I'm afraid. On the whole, I'd load my own content and plan to go with that. Check the Gogo app and if something catches your eye, maybe rent it. USB and AC power should be on every seat for your flight. I don't think the powerless aircraft fly the Hawaiian routes.

ETA: https://www.alaskaair.com/content/tr...ertainment-faq
Old Jun 9, 2016, 5:02 pm
formerly known as felinaar

Programs: UA Plat, AA Gold, AS MVPG, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, SPG Gold
IME the rental tablets have a larger selection than the streaming library you can access on your personal device.

I don't recall any charges for additional content on the rental tablet, just for some of the streaming content.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 10:31 pm

You can reserve one of the players in advance at Alaskaair.com so that you don't risk them running out before the flight if you want one. Same for meals, if you plan on ordering food, maybe pre-reserve that when you check in. You don't have to pay for the food in advance, but it will be available to you if you think you want it.
Old Jun 9, 2016, 11:29 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by Scottrick
I don't recall any charges for additional content on the rental tablet, just for some of the streaming content.
Yep, that's what I meant by rental content on the tablet. It's the same Gogo app rentals on your device or the Alaska tablet, in addition to the free loaded titles on the tablet.

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
You can reserve one of the players in advance at Alaskaair.com so that you don't risk them running out before the flight if you want one. Same for meals, if you plan on ordering food, maybe pre-reserve that when you check in. You don't have to pay for the food in advance, but it will be available to you if you think you want it.
^Nice change. The FAQ hasn't been updated yet.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.