YVR-SEA 737s in the fall?

Old May 18, 16, 5:16 pm
  #1  
Original Poster
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: YVR (BLI/SEA)
Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
Posts: 194
YVR-SEA 737s in the fall?

I was just looking at some award availability and noticed that there are flights, starting at the end of august, that are now on some large planes between SEA and YVR... did I just miss this somehow? I'm guessing this has something to do with the demise of YVR-LAX?
travelmonkey05 is offline  
Old May 18, 16, 6:01 pm
  #2  
 
Join Date: Jan 2000
Location: Canada
Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Posts: 2,510
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05 View Post
I was just looking at some award availability and noticed that there are flights, starting at the end of august, that are now on some large planes between SEA and YVR... did I just miss this somehow? I'm guessing this has something to do with the demise of YVR-LAX?
They're also putting them on YYC-SEA on some rotations starting in October. I think it's more of a broader fleet redeployment overall.
SamuelS is offline  
Old May 18, 16, 6:37 pm
  #3  
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: PDX
Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, National Executive Elite
Posts: 2,627
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05 View Post
I was just looking at some award availability and noticed that there are flights, starting at the end of august, that are now on some large planes between SEA and YVR... did I just miss this somehow? I'm guessing this has something to do with the demise of YVR-LAX?
Could also be a convenient place to park a plane. AS is getting a bit crowded at SEA.
Chugach is offline  
Old May 18, 16, 10:07 pm
  #4  
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Delta, BC
Posts: 1,374
Originally Posted by Chugach View Post
Could also be a convenient place to park a plane. AS is getting a bit crowded at SEA.
It also replaces capacity lost by the discontinuation of the non-stop YVR-LAX flights.
robsaw is offline  
Old May 19, 16, 1:18 am
  #5  
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 5,268
two 737's a day.
AS Flyer is offline  
Old May 19, 16, 1:58 am
  #6  
Suspended
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 3,790
That's cool, although from an AvGeek perspective it was fun to fly Horizon's Q400 on that route.
airplanegod is offline  
Old May 19, 16, 11:46 am
  #7  
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: YVR, HNL
Programs: AS MVPG, UA peon, BA Bronze, Marriott Gold, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Posts: 5,171
Originally Posted by airplanegod View Post
That's cool, although from an AvGeek perspective it was fun to fly Horizon's Q400 on that route.
It is cool but I love the Q400's on that route. I'm going to miss them.
Finkface is offline  
Old May 19, 16, 2:53 pm
  #8  
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: SEA (previous locations: DTW, TLV, EWR, BOS)
Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Posts: 3,272
Originally Posted by Finkface View Post
It is cool but I love the Q400's on that route. I'm going to miss them.
No worries, still plenty of Q400 - seemingly on most routes (within the PNW) that I fly on...

Fly SEA-PDX, and you're almost sure to get to 'enjoy' a Q400.
bostonbali is offline  
Old May 19, 16, 3:04 pm
  #9  
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: YYJ & YFB
Programs: AC/AS/5T
Posts: 334
There will still be Q400s on the route in the fall, it's only a few of the daily flights that are being upped to 737s.
WesternCDN is online now  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread