Wiki Posts
Search

YVR-SEA 737s in the fall?

Search this Thread

Old May 18, 2016, 4:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, Delta Plat, HHonors Gold, NEXUS, Marriott Silver
YVR-SEA 737s in the fall?

I was just looking at some award availability and noticed that there are flights, starting at the end of august, that are now on some large planes between SEA and YVR... did I just miss this somehow? I'm guessing this has something to do with the demise of YVR-LAX?
Old May 18, 2016, 5:01 pm

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
I was just looking at some award availability and noticed that there are flights, starting at the end of august, that are now on some large planes between SEA and YVR... did I just miss this somehow? I'm guessing this has something to do with the demise of YVR-LAX?
They're also putting them on YYC-SEA on some rotations starting in October. I think it's more of a broader fleet redeployment overall.
Old May 18, 2016, 5:37 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by travelmonkey05
Could also be a convenient place to park a plane. AS is getting a bit crowded at SEA.
Old May 18, 2016, 9:07 pm

Originally Posted by Chugach
Could also be a convenient place to park a plane. AS is getting a bit crowded at SEA.
It also replaces capacity lost by the discontinuation of the non-stop YVR-LAX flights.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:18 am

two 737's a day.
Old May 19, 2016, 12:58 am
Suspended

That's cool, although from an AvGeek perspective it was fun to fly Horizon's Q400 on that route.
Old May 19, 2016, 10:46 am

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
Originally Posted by airplanegod
That's cool, although from an AvGeek perspective it was fun to fly Horizon's Q400 on that route.
It is cool but I love the Q400's on that route. I'm going to miss them.
Old May 19, 2016, 1:53 pm

Programs: AS: 75K; DL/NW: Plat; DL SC: Lifetime; Hyatt: Diamond; HH: Gold; SPG: Plat;
Originally Posted by Finkface
It is cool but I love the Q400's on that route. I'm going to miss them.
No worries, still plenty of Q400 - seemingly on most routes (within the PNW) that I fly on...

Fly SEA-PDX, and you're almost sure to get to 'enjoy' a Q400.
Old May 19, 2016, 2:04 pm

Programs: AC 75K
There will still be Q400s on the route in the fall, it's only a few of the daily flights that are being upped to 737s.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.