FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: dayone
Print Wikipost

Fruit & Cheese Platter

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2020, 6:01 pm

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Originally Posted by mfolf
Shame I'm nowhere near Seattle to take advantage of this.
They have two locations in Oregon, west of Portland.

https://evergreens.com/locations/
RAD_PDX likes this.
Old Aug 25, 2020, 11:49 pm

Programs: Mileage Plan
Originally Posted by rustykettel
They have two locations in Oregon, west of Portland.

https://evergreens.com/locations/
*cries in Californian*
Old Aug 27, 2020, 8:50 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
Since MMs get a meal for free when seated in coach will I be able to pre-order one for my next flight? My last flight pre-order was not available unless you were seated in FC.
Old Aug 27, 2020, 9:02 pm

Programs: AS, UA, WN, IHG Diamond Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Gold, CET 7*
Originally Posted by ctporter
Since MMs get a meal for free when seated in coach will I be able to pre-order one for my next flight? My last flight pre-order was not available unless you were seated in FC.
Not for the foreseeable future, but maybe someday? It wouldn't hurt to ask though, once onboard. There's a thread dedicated to exactly this:

Return of Pre-Order, and Paying for Y Meals with App
Old Aug 29, 2020, 12:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by mfolf
Shame I'm nowhere near Seattle to take advantage of this.
Well you can still take advantage of Alaska's allegedly "world famous" companion offer.

Last edited by fly747first; Aug 29, 2020 at 3:27 pm
Old Aug 30, 2020, 1:03 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold 75K, AA 3.8MM, UA 1.1MM, enjoying the retired life
First time I've ever had the fruit and cheese plate on a 7:15am departure (MCO-SEA).

Old Aug 30, 2020, 7:35 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Add a boiled egg and some cold meat and that would be a decent and Covid safe meal, wouldn't it?
Old Aug 30, 2020, 8:25 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by kileysmom
Add a boiled egg and some cold meat and that would be a decent and Covid safe meal, wouldn't it?
The protein is in the cheese....what's really lacking are more carbs....I'm thinking a safely wrapped cinnamon raisin bagel (warmed like the cookies) with a side of cream cheese.
Old Aug 30, 2020, 11:15 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The protein is in the cheese....what's really lacking are more carbs....I'm thinking a safely wrapped cinnamon raisin bagel (warmed like the cookies) with a side of cream cheese.
Would that be caviar cream cheese? Roe, Roe, your boat, gently down the stream..... life is but a dream!

No catering will appeal to everyone. You like cinnamon, a great savory spice I enjoy too but I would prefer some olives and/or pickles to cut the richness of the cheese over the heaviness of a bagel. If you fly a lot, the redundancy becomes mundane and loses appeal. Even flying CX F 8 months apart, the menu was exactly the same, same presentation, same mediocre quality. More variety on a more frequent rotation would be great, even variations of the same dish, but for now the baby steps are better than "nothing!" Flights returning to the US catered in Mexico were always a treat.

The Arabic Mezze "appitizer" in EK F is something to get excited about.

James
pcoll and rustykettel like this.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 4:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75K, Hilton Diamond
Fake Cheese

Was served F & C platter on a flight out of EWR today - no Beechers Flagship! Some tasteless white cheese instead. False advertising.
Old Jun 29, 2021, 6:22 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by ctporter
Responding to an old post with new info. I have had flights ticketed in PE and was able to preorder my choice. You get the message that you will be charged after being served your meal. I have not been charged on my flights in PE as far back as April. Before that I flew paid F since it was so cheap back then. I have checked my CC statements to make sure they did not show up. If they do, I was told to contact customer care. However YMMV!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.