Wiki Posts
Search

Earning points on BA award flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 27, 2016, 1:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
Earning points on BA award flight?

I booked a BA award flight in F through Alaska's website. When entering my passenger info on the "manage my booking" page, it has a place to add my "Membership Number". Normally I would just chalk this up to nothing, but right next to it, it says "Rewards for this Booking: Avios 13,235 | Tier Points 250".

So any reason for this, and should I put my Avios number in the booking and hope for the best?
Old Jan 27, 2016, 7:59 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
I booked a BA award flight in F through Alaska's website. When entering my passenger info on the "manage my booking" page, it has a place to add my "Membership Number". Normally I would just chalk this up to nothing, but right next to it, it says "Rewards for this Booking: Avios 13,235 | Tier Points 250".

So any reason for this, and should I put my Avios number in the booking and hope for the best?
Considering I got credit for an award flight on AF last year, after entering my Flying Blue number as a way to manage my flight, I recommend you go ahead and add your BAEC number.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG
Enter the BA number and delete this post immediately, OP.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 11:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA*1K MM SK EBG LATAM BL
Put the number in, you most likely wont earn anything, but its there to let you get any potential status benefits for the flights.
Old Jan 27, 2016, 9:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Gold ; Hilton Gold
My wife and I had the exact same situation last year, it will show you 12K+ points each way but you wont earn any. We traveled RT SEA to LHR in F last Summer and got 0 points

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.