Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 26, 2016, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: IceTrojan
New livery is painted on N563AS, a 737-800.

First commercial flight scheduled for Thursday, 1/28 SEA-ANC as AS95.

Image of rebranded collateral:
Print Wikipost

2016 brand refresh: new logo and livery

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5, 2016, 4:11 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I like it
Old Feb 6, 2016, 4:20 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold
Originally Posted by GateHold
Originally Posted by dayone
Art, like a horse race, is best when opinions vary. The new livery is new, evolutionary, updated and different. What it is not to most people is "weird," "cheap," "lurid" or "[a] mess."

Those words were used to describe the fluorescent noodle, not the livery in whole. It's my style to be ornery and irascible when critiquing a livery, but I was pretty careful, I thought, to give credit where it was due with respect to the REST of the redesign (and I've since added a few passages, which you can read above or on the page the text is taken from). And I don't think what I wrote was pretentious. What's pretentious is using the word "pretentious" as a convenient insult when you disagree with somebody.

-- PS
Every forum has its resident crank(s)/maven(s) . Now, you've met one of ours. Thankfully there aren't many here.

Having said that, overly florid prose tends to detract from an otherwise informed opinion. I'm pleased there are those tuned into the art of aircraft livery. I'm more an inside the aircraft kind of person.

--mcz

Last edited by mczlaw; Feb 6, 2016 at 4:29 pm
Old Feb 8, 2016, 3:29 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Some people just have a fear of anything at all changing. Even if its merely cosmetic. I'd bet there were people complaining when that old ugly golden nugget paint scheme went away. There just wasn't an internet around to complain about it on.

I also have read several articles now of people complaining what it would cost to repaint a fleet. I guess they fail to realize these things are repainted every few years anyhow Besides its not their money anyhow that's being spent. Well unless you are a shareholder then sort of, as am I, but you sure arent going to see a sell off because AS decided to repaint the planes a different color scheme during the next repaint Some of these other carriers like UA DL and AA seem to redo the entire fleet liveries every 5 or 10 years

Last edited by ANC; Feb 8, 2016 at 3:37 pm
Old Jan 3, 2018, 12:01 am

Programs: ʙᴏɴᴠo̱ʏ Au, IHG Au, HH Dia, Nexus, Pilot FlyingJ Preferred
Minor revision?

I'm seeing Airlines underneath Alaska in the ads on FT. I don't remember see that since the brand refresh. Perhaps focus group testing with Californians revealed a lack of awareness of AS' line of business?
Attached Images   

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.