Community
Wiki Posts
Search

dinner at canlis

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18, 2015, 11:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
dinner at canlis

Anyone else able to book the visa signature Alaska air dinner at canlis? Email arrived 9:15, I was on the phone at 9:50, booked at 10:10... friend on the phone at 10:15 was told it was sold out.

So who else will my wife and I be meeting there?

Perfect send off as we head out to sydney the following day.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 7:07 pm

We got in as well around 9:30. We're excited.

Did you get a confirmation email yet?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:08 pm

Programs: Northwest, United
I got an invite, too, and it sounds quite nice - I'm sure it would be. But at basically half the price of an award seat to Hawaii, I think I'll just microwave a burrito at home and use the miles for something else.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 8:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG 75k, UA zilch, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Plat, Hertz Gold, Avis Presidents
no email yet.
i'll be the guy on crutches, feel free to say hi. (just had knee surgery)

as far as the cost in miles - dinner for two including wine is probably about 500 or so. at least it was the other time i went. so i'm willing to spend a few miles for a unique experience....
Old Sep 18, 2015, 10:10 pm

Originally Posted by brarrr
no email yet.
i'll be the guy on crutches, feel free to say hi. (just had knee surgery)

as far as the cost in miles - dinner for two including wine is probably about 500 or so. at least it was the other time i went. so i'm willing to spend a few miles for a unique experience....

Ditto. I've got more miles than I know what to do with. My wife is more excited about this over any first class seat ^
Old Sep 19, 2015, 12:00 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Just out of curiosity, what was the criteria for getting an invitation? Was it limited to those in Seattle or certain zip codes?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by AKCuisine
Just out of curiosity, what was the criteria for getting an invitation? Was it limited to those in Seattle or certain zip codes?
Don't know. I do know this:

I live in Seattle, in a zip code not far from the restaurant.
I fly AS pretty regularly. But not MVP (yet...I expect to make that one week from today...).
I have the AS credit card. I use it at restaurants (though never at Canlis).
I have enough miles to be able to blow a bunch of them on a nice dinner (although I'm saving miles for a nice trip) - maybe they targeted this at people with a large stash of miles (say, more than 200K), in hopes of reducing the balances?
I drive right by Canlis every day - but I hope Big Data isn't watching me that closely (although living in Seattle, I'm sure that's not far off - the city is itching to find ways to charge people every time they get in a car and it won't be long before they do).

To AS, I probably look like a pretty good bet for the dinner.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 2:34 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold, Hilton Diamond
Very cool offer to those who received it - out of curiosity, how many miles was it per person?
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:31 pm

For me the offer was 12,500 miles.
Old Sep 19, 2015, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS; Hyatt; Bonvoy
Originally Posted by nwflyboy
Don't know. I do know this:

I live in Seattle, in a zip code not far from the restaurant.
I fly AS pretty regularly. But not MVP (yet...I expect to make that one week from today...).
I have the AS credit card. I use it at restaurants (though never at Canlis).
I have enough miles to be able to blow a bunch of them on a nice dinner (although I'm saving miles for a nice trip) - maybe they targeted this at people with a large stash of miles (say, more than 200K), in hopes of reducing the balances?
I drive right by Canlis every day - but I hope Big Data isn't watching me that closely (although living in Seattle, I'm sure that's not far off - the city is itching to find ways to charge people every time they get in a car and it won't be long before they do).

To AS, I probably look like a pretty good bet for the dinner.
Well, I don't live in Seattle, but I transit through Sea-Tac regularly.
I do fly Alaska regularly, and have been 75K for the past few years.
I have both a business and personal AS credit card through B of Am, and use them for travel and at restaurants.
Like you, I have a bunch of miles - in excess of 330K plus a couple hundred thousand tied up in future award tickets.
But I don't drive by Canlis regularly, although I have dined there in the past.

I guess I'm not a good bet for the dinner.

Originally Posted by nwflyboy
For me the offer was 12,500 miles.
A mere pitance for a dinner at Canlis ... enjoy!
Old Sep 19, 2015, 8:24 pm

Programs: AS
Seems like it is just luck of the draw.
We each have the card, live in Seattle, charge on card, MVP and have miles in 200- 300,000 range. Fly AS every month , for leisure, not business.
We both checked our emails, after reading this forum, and nothing in mail. Would have been nice use of miles.
Old Sep 20, 2015, 9:43 am

This was in the email:

"As an Alaska Airlines® Visa Signature® cardholder, you are invited to an exclusive fine dining event at Canlis with wine pairings from Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards.

This incredible evening is available to you for only 12,500 miles per place setting (includes taxes and gratuities for dinner and wine)."

So it seems to be targeted only towards those who had the card. However, I got an invite and my wife who has a card, didn't.

I too, live in Seattle less than five miles from the restaurant. No status on Alaska.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:42 am

Programs: AS MVP
dinner at canlis

MVPG, two BofA AS credit cards, address is five minutes away from Canlis and I have a very healthy six-figure mileage balance. Didn't get the email either. :/ :/ :/
Old Sep 21, 2015, 6:57 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Wear a sports jacket. Last time we were there we had reserved a lovely window table that was denied our party because one of our guests did not have a sports jacket. We were moved to another part of the restaurant.
Old Sep 21, 2015, 9:52 am
Original Poster

if it helps, i was never invited to a MVPG lunch...
i too live about 2 miles away, a healthy 6 figure balance, gold the past 3 and mvp the 6 before that...

and yes - it is well known that you need a jacket at canlis. and yet i wouldn't call it stuffy.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.