Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AA international premium cabin redemption

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

AA international premium cabin redemption

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by dayone
I checked DFW-NRT for premium cabins for November and Saver J was available on at least 5 days each way. No Saver F.
Quick check but didn't see any for mid January 2016 (J or F) on DFW-NRT.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 4:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by apodo77
Quick check but didn't see any for mid January 2016 (J or F) on DFW-NRT.
AA metal flights to NRT are VERY tough to find...using the aa.com website is probably the best way to check availability...and just check from the US gateway cities....in some respects, CX has better J/F availability via HKG compared to AA. JL has even more, but sadly, AS isn't a partner with them...yet.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by evergrn
I fly often betwn West coast and Jpn. I'm primarily Star Alliance, but I do have some Alaska miles that I haven't been able to use because a).DL's TPAC business class redemption is poor value;
Can I ask what's wrong with the current lie-flat/aisle access seats in Business on DL? DL serves as many Asian cities non-stop from SEA as AA serves in Asia systemwide. If you buy coach, DL has Comfort+ seating on all two-class planes; AA's Main Cabin Extra is many months away from completion on AA long-haul planes.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 5:57 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
AA metal flights to NRT are VERY tough to find...using the aa.com website is probably the best way to check availability...and just check from the US gateway cities....in some respects, CX has better J/F availability via HKG compared to AA. JL has even more, but sadly, AS isn't a partner with them...yet.
Thanks for the heads up. I like the sound of the "yet". Would be great.
Old Jul 26, 2015, 6:05 pm

Originally Posted by 3Cforme
Can I ask what's wrong with the current lie-flat/aisle access seats in Business on DL? DL serves as many Asian cities non-stop from SEA as AA serves in Asia systemwide. If you buy coach, DL has Comfort+ seating on all two-class planes; AA's Main Cabin Extra is many months away from completion on AA long-haul planes.
He didn't say anything was wrong with DL's hard product he said "DL's TPAC business class redemption is poor value" and IMO he is right.

RT TPAC on DL will be 140,000 AS miles. You can get CX F for the same amount of miles (business would be 100,000 which is a superior product to DL One) and AA J would be 100,000.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by apodo77
Thanks for the heads up. I like the sound of the "yet". Would be great.
Which wont happen unless AS joins OW
Old Jul 27, 2015, 3:40 pm

AAvailability certainly occurs. I've rarely seen LAX pop up from NRT. I see DFW with some frequency. Keep in mind KE also flies NRT-HNL, although AS won't officially allow you to connect to Asia in HNL.

I would imagine that when AA takes over Delta's SEA-HND slot pair, and starts flying LAX-HND, that will be a dumping ground for award availability, as the DL flight has been from Seattle.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 7:45 pm

You also have the option of the long way: EK through DXB. They now fly from SEA as well
Old Jul 27, 2015, 8:53 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by s0ssos
You also have the option of the long way: EK through DXB. They now fly from SEA as well
Two flights in angled-flat seats? No thank you. DL J would be the better choice.
Old Jul 27, 2015, 9:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Two flights in angled-flat seats? No thank you. DL J would be the better choice.
Not to mention the fact that that it costs 25,000 more miles and you're still in J.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 12:26 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by WhIteSidE
I would imagine that when AA takes over Delta's SEA-HND slot pair, and starts flying LAX-HND, that will be a dumping ground for award availability, as the DL flight has been from Seattle.
Well, indeed that may well become the case (and I hope you're right), but not necessarily. AA and DL are two different airlines. I can tell you that UA's saver award seats seem are extremely hard to come by in J/F to/from HND, let alone NRT. In my experience, 95% of saver award J/F availability btwn US-TYO (using UA miles) is via NH or sometimes OZ. But that costs 75k each way.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 6:51 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
IIRC EK got rid of angled flat and seatguru is just wrong. Although its 2-3-2 for 777 and 1-2-1 for A380
Old Jul 28, 2015, 8:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by CDKing
IIRC EK got rid of angled flat and seatguru is just wrong. Although its 2-3-2 for 777 and 1-2-1 for A380
The 777 is angled flat, and EK doesn't fly A380s out of SEA.
Old Jul 28, 2015, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
The 777 is angled flat, and EK doesn't fly A380s out of SEA.
I must be thinking of the F suites where seatguru listed F having a seatmate
Old Jul 28, 2015, 10:57 am

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by CDKing
I must be thinking of the F suites where seatguru listed F having a seatmate
All J products on EK's 777s (regardless of it being a 772LR/77W, etc) are angled-flat. They advertise it as "lie-flat" on their website even though it really isn't. @:-)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.