Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Any way to book or modify reservation to rebook to a delayed flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:27 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL 1MM Annual Silver,AS 100K 22-24, AS 75K 15-21

True, for most delayed flights, people would be booking away than booking toward the delayed flights, but seeing it as opportunity for upgrade or maybe for a more personalized flight, I was pondering the possibilities.

True, on a booking engine online, delayed flights past original flight times are not available for sale. I looked online and it didn't offer it for sale, despite knowing that the flight is grounded for mechanical. I also didn't ask for my flight to be changed, as I was already upgraded on my originally scheduled flight. If I hadn't, it would have been a fun opportunity.

Is it possible to book with phone agents, or will gate agents assist me in re-accommodating me to the delayed flight? If they don't, it probably becomes the haven for "Employees", but there is never 150 "ready to board" employees, right?!

Will AS waive change fee to rebook to the delayed flight ( knowing most original passengers have been booked away to begin with), or will AS disallow this practice for potential liability due to chance for further delay or possible cancellation.

Just exploring the opportunity, especially when last minute travel, or on day when there's "diminished upgrade chances".

Jiburi
Old Jun 15, 2015, 5:38 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Ive been rebooked onto delayed fights at the gate although I never really sought out a delayed flight to rebook on because sometimes a delay can trigger a cancelation if the delay ends up becoming too long although it often depends what route. It was always the result of my original one being delayed even longer or canceled. Ive also had a few times where my first segment was delayed enough to require them to rebook my second segment to a much later flight becuase I shouldve missed the connecting flight but. Upon landing at my connection airport I found out my original flights were also delayed slightly to where I could still make it and was put back on it without question

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.