Search

Automatic Upgrades Still Broken

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2015, 12:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by thegingninj
you're right about that. Today is a sad day
Sorta reminds me of when the MVP Gold upgrade certs went from paper to electronic
Old Jun 8, 2015, 1:34 pm

Programs: AS MM, MVPGold100k, Hilton Diamond, Hertz Presidents Circle
count me in as happy with a fix being reported, missing legitimate upgrades because of not being able to access the information and then call in first (due to work) was not making me a happy camper.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
The at window auto upgrades have been working even with the glitch.
1K pardons.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS MVP, AA MM, HH Diamond, MR Gold
I don't know whether the glitch was fixed or not, but my husband and I (both Gold) accomplished the impossible today - we got upgraded from EWR to SEA!! Newark!! On the outbound in coach, I sat next to a 75K who said she flew 120,000 miles last year on AS, many, many times between EWR and SEA (she lives in Seattle and her company's HQ is in NJ), and she said she was upgraded ONCE as a 75 K on that route. That outbound had over 50 on the waitlist.

For the return this morning, it showed 1 F available (no U) at 72 hours, we were #1 and #2 (that's astonishing in itself), we went to bed in coach last night and woke up in F...but the strangest thing, and this has never happened to us before...we got an e-mail saying "Congratulations, you've been upgraded..." don't recall ever getting that before.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 6:17 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by ctporter
count me in as happy with a fix being reported, missing legitimate upgrades because of not being able to access the information and then call in first (due to work) was not making me a happy camper.
+1 the lack of transparency/consistency in the upgrade process was one of my main drivers for leaving UAL. i'm glad that AS is not allowing itself to into the same problem and sit there for years and years without a fix. even if it means i miss out on a couple of upgrades i would have gotten by babysitting U space, i'd rather have a system that works fairly, and as advertised.

Originally Posted by Eujeanie
...but the strangest thing, and this has never happened to us before...we got an e-mail saying "Congratulations, you've been upgraded..." don't recall ever getting that before.
very inconsistent, but does happen occasionally.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 8:10 pm

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
fixed? perhaps or perhaps not

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
If you go back far enough in this thread, Missy has addressed this several times...basically this is a software issue is that is out of Alaska's direct control and not seen as a "high priority fix" with those responsible for fixing it since they are not actually AS employees. Honestly, this is a problem that likely won't be fixed anytime soon so we just need to live with it for now and if you learn how to play the upgrade game, you might actually get more upgrades in the long run.
I've been following Missy's replies.

Any IT vendor worth its salt is at the behest of customers and especially customers with clout. Alaska has that clout and there is no reason that this upgrade pestilence should continue.

Whether or not the H (gold upgrade ticket class) issue has been fixed remains to be seen.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 9:54 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by Seattlite

Any IT vendor worth its salt is at the behest of customers and especially customers with clout. Alaska has that clout and there is no reason that this upgrade pestilence should continue.

Whether or not the H (gold upgrade ticket class) issue has been fixed remains to be seen.
The "pestilence" has stopped, at least in terms of U becoming available and upgrades being properly processed AFTER an upgrade window opens. My experience today confirms others' recent posts about that.

As to the H+ part has been fixed, maybe someone will chime in.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:20 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium

I'm not sure which one of my replies made you think "clout", because this is what I said:

Originally Posted by missydarlin
But I can't say that its surprising that the GDS doesn't it consider it a big priority to fix an issue that sometimes affects a very small percentage of the bookings of one of its smaller airline customers.
I heard last week that a fix was expected, but I haven't received confirmation that its all clear.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by dayone
How are these handled?
For those of you who still prefer to hand an Expression of Thanks certificate directly to the employee who provided great service, you can still download a pdf version.
If I recall correctly, a copy of the feedback is forwarded to the employee' immediate supervisor, who then shares the feedback with the employee.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 8:24 am
Moderator: Alaska Mileage Plan

Originally Posted by missydarlin
If I recall correctly, a copy of the feedback is forwarded to the employee' immediate supervisor, who then shares the feedback with the employee.
The passenger originally presents it to the employee. What "additional" feedback would the supervisor share?
Old Jun 11, 2015, 10:10 am

Oh sorry...I misinterpreted the question.

Previously they were sent to a central location for tallying/recording (for the pin/drawing) and then came back through your supervisor with a form letter signed by the CEO and the appropriate level of pin.

Now I believe the are just handled by the immediate supervisor. I'll have to double check with the person who used to run the program.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 3:54 pm

Programs: MR, HH, DL, ALK
"Job Hunting? Alaska Airlines is hiring IT professionals"

You have to love the irony of the "Job Hunting? Alaska Airlines is hiring IT professionals" advert in this thread.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 4:10 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I had an EF alert set a few weeks ago when I was booked on a B fare and didn't get upgraded at booking. A Seattle agent answered the gold line and said the IT folks knew about the problem and were "working on a fix."

She gave me 2,500 miles as an apology and upgraded me. ^
Old Jun 11, 2015, 6:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
You have to love the irony of the "Job Hunting? Alaska Airlines is hiring IT professionals" advert in this thread.
It is important to note that this problem was (or was supposed to be) fixed by Sabre IT professionals, not AS IT professionals which explains the delay in getting it fixed.....the moral of the story being the fact that AS could have hired 1,000 IT professionals but it wouldn't have fixed this problem since it could not be fixed "in house" so to speak.
Old Jun 11, 2015, 7:31 pm

Received Gold status through match from AA Platinum. Have a trip to SEA from DCA in a few weeks, just received an email this morning to say I was upgraded on my way out there. First time flying on AS too. Good luck so far...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.