Wiki Posts
Search

Minneapolis

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2015, 3:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP
Minneapolis

I'm from Minnesota and live in ANC now. I was curious as to how many on this board are in the MSP area and are loyal to Alaska Airlines or fly with AS quite a bit. Certainly wish MSP would be included in sales more than once a decade...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 4:38 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
they have sales with a decent frequency but usually to SEA. Not from there but fly out of there quite often although after July 1st thats going to change
Old Jan 8, 2015, 5:00 pm
Original Poster

I'm going to SJC on the 21st. Staying in Roseville, CA with my brother as I continue my post surgery rehab. My other brother who lives in AK is going to MSP February 20th. He might get me to MSP from SMF that day. I haven't seen my MN family in 6 years. They really want to see me especially since this horrible condition got it's clutches on me.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 6:22 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold
One thing I've thought is long overdue is a direct AS flight ANC-MSP. The number of midwesterners (and Minnesotans in particular) in Alaska is noteworthy.

I can't imagine AS wants to feed more Delta flights in MSP, however. And Delta is pretty much the dominant player at that airport.
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by SayNoToCoach
I'm from Minnesota and live in ANC now. I was curious as to how many on this board are in the MSP area and are loyal to Alaska Airlines or fly with AS quite a bit. Certainly wish MSP would be included in sales more than once a decade...
To a lessor extent, AS treats MSP like MCO....fares are typically too high for me to even consider going there....MSP doesn't go on sale very often...
Old Jan 8, 2015, 7:34 pm

Programs: AS 75K & BR Member- HHonors Diamond - Hertz PC - Marriott Titanium - IHG Ambassador
Originally Posted by Bethelite

And Delta is pretty much the dominant player at that airport.
Sounds like it would be a sensible route. Let's not forget AS only "dominates" west coast routes out of Seattle and is a relatively small player on all the other routes it operates. Maybe the route is feasible and AS picks it up. They seem to love facing off against Delta dominated routings imho
Old Jan 9, 2015, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

That's what I'm talkin' about! A direct flight to MSP from ANC would have me "squirreled!"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.