Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2016 MVP/MVPG/MVPG 75K Qualification Roll Call

Search this Thread

Old Jul 7, 2015, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by CRAZ8
The Alaska site indicates she needed to be a member at the time of travel to get credit for previous flights. I don't think we'll hit 20K on Alaska metal this year either, so it won't help even if they could be added.

We'll get her an account for next year though, as we do tend to come close to the MVP miles every year.
The way I read this is that you have to become a member w/in 6 months of a qualifying flight on AS metal. Others here will know for sure if that is correct, perhaps a question better asked in the forum newbie thread...

The other way to interpret it is that you cannot earn until 6 months after joining but we all know that isn't right

To credit Alaska Airlines flights, travelers must have been a Mileage Plan™ member within 6 months of the travel date.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:18 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by PV_Premier
The way I read this is that you have to become a member w/in 6 months of a qualifying flight on AS metal. Others here will know for sure if that is correct, perhaps a question better asked in the forum newbie thread...

The other way to interpret it is that you cannot earn until 6 months after joining but we all know that isn't right
This works great! The miles are added immediately as you put in the ticket numbers.

Next step is to see if she can get credit for our recent Fiji trip too! The wording implies that this won't work.
Old Jul 7, 2015, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

This works great! The miles are added immediately as you put in the ticket numbers.
^glad i could be useful today!
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:01 pm

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by BOB W
30K plus booked through May, combination of biz and leisure flights. 56K away from MM. Will go for Gold for sure but not sure I will go for 75K again, although I have been there since it began.
Update:

MVP-Check
MVPG-Check
MVP75K-71K booked with several business trips yet to go
1MM-13,004 away but all booked with 10K before the end of August. Should trip over in October (or sooner)
Old Jul 7, 2015, 8:03 pm

Programs: Alaska 100k
Re-qualified for MVP last month. I thought I would have no trouble getting Gold this year, but my 4 TATL segments (on BA, KL, AF) now only count as 25%. So I'll have to figure out a different way to get my remaining 15k miles.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 12:59 pm

Programs: Marriott Gold; LEGO VIP, Amex Platinum, HHonors Gold

Next step is to see if she can get credit for our recent Fiji trip too! The wording implies that this won't work.
The very nice people at Alaska made a one time exception for my wife and backdated her account to May 1 to get the Fiji flights into her account.

Now she's MVP too!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The very nice people at Alaska made a one time exception for my wife and backdated her account to May 1 to get the Fiji flights into her account.

Now she's MVP too!
told you it would be worth the follow up
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:05 pm

Programs: UA Silver, AA Platinum, AS & DL GM Marriott TE, Hilton Gold
Crossed MVP in mid may and will be sitting 4K shy of gold until September. Lots of travel booked in Q4!
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Will hit MVP in October after a mileage run/mini-vacation to Hawaii....with no DEQM promotions this year (especially the SEA-DTW run), I have no chance of MVPG again next year which I can live with since I was Premier Silver with UA and wanted to at least maintain the same equivalent status with AS.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Will hit MVP in October after a mileage run/mini-vacation to Hawaii....
i wish i could do my MR to Hawaii. mine will be to BWI. oh well, it was like $175rt, and i will be going during blue crab season ^
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:37 pm

Programs: Airline Free Agent, Bonvoy Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
i wish i could do my MR to Hawaii. mine will be to BWI. oh well, it was like $175rt, and i will be going during blue crab season ^
Visited downtown Baltimore and was pleasantly surprised.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
yeah its not horrendous right on the waterfront. i used to live in Delaware so i've done my fair share of visits to B/more.
Old Jul 9, 2015, 1:48 pm

I'm at 25K all on AS metal so far this year. A couple of last minute trips in P and Y fare classes definitely helped pad the total. I might get to MVPG depending on whether we see my inlaws in SAN a couple more times or not (they're only there part of the year).
Old Jul 9, 2015, 2:53 pm

Programs: AS G75K
Hitting MVP tonight on segs. #30 is going to be SMF-PDX. I just started flying with AS in May after flying primarily with WN. I will be flying 8-12 segs/3400 miles a month so I might just hit 75k on the segs alone! Might have to do a few seg runs
Old Jul 9, 2015, 6:14 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Jimgotkp
Mmm! JO's seasoning.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.