Wiki Posts
Search

MKE, OKC and PDX-STL with E175s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 27, 2014, 7:04 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by flyYX
Very good news indeed. I think Alaska will be surprised how well the MKE-SEA route will work load wise. I am not sure about the profit side of things. There are many people driving to ORD or making a connection in MSP to get to SEA. Now if only Delta would bring back MKE-SLC.
but they can land in MKE for probably half or a third of the price as opposed to ORD which is one of the more expensive in the world. AS has a good chance of picking up some of the airtran frequent flyers who frequented SEA whom arent really sold on the idea of Rapid rewards or all coach cabins on WN
Old Nov 27, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
where else could these planes be used?

I don't know what distance these planes need for a runway but if feasible I would love to see AS beef up their offerings out of STS using this plane.
The airport there just completed their longer runway and a STS/PHX run could finally jerk me out of my lethargy and make me stick a 'for sale' sign on the Seattle residence and blow this popsicle stand with it's growing tax burden and leaden skies.....
Old Nov 28, 2014, 6:37 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Glad to see these routes getting service. As someone without status, I'd rather be on one of these planes (as long as they get Wifi) than on a 737.
Old Nov 30, 2014, 6:34 pm
ANC

booked/held reservation on the MKE maiden voyage. Im going at all costs., Just hoping the wife can go also That should alll be finalized by this time tomorrow
Old Dec 2, 2014, 8:08 pm

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Starwood PLT, Hertz PC
Anyone know when the flights offered will have availability to use "Instant MVPG" or MVP Gold Guest coupons. Right now if you perform a search with flights with either selected, the direct SEA - MKE doesn't list.
Old Dec 2, 2014, 11:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by brokenpipe
Anyone know when the flights offered will have availability to use "Instant MVPG" or MVP Gold Guest coupons. Right now if you perform a search with flights with either selected, the direct SEA - MKE doesn't list.
It has been reported that these flights, when purchased, don't show "upgrade waitlisted" so if you can't even waitlist for an elite upgrade, I doubt you'll be able to use the upgrade certs. I think the Sabre reservation system is treating these as partner flights sold by AS (like the AA or DL segments you see on Alaska-air.com) so you may have to wait til you get to the gate for upgrades which is sorta like it is for DL flights right now (for AS elites).
Old Dec 3, 2014, 12:05 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
It has been reported that these flights, when purchased, don't show "upgrade waitlisted" so if you can't even waitlist for an elite upgrade, I doubt you'll be able to use the upgrade certs. I think the Sabre reservation system is treating these as partner flights sold by AS (like the AA or DL segments you see on Alaska-air.com) so you may have to wait til you get to the gate for upgrades which is sorta like it is for DL flights right now (for AS elites).
Sounds like a serious issue.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: AS MVPG 75K, Starwood PLT, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sounds like a serious issue.

Agreed.

Especially when time of purchase is important in how Alaska upgrades to the front. I get how it works with Delta, but these are "AS" flights with a different operator. When I used to have DL Diamond I always got upgraded, no issues, on DL "Connection" flights operated by Skywest.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Agreed.

Especially when time of purchase is important in how Alaska upgrades to the front. I get how it works with Delta, but these are "AS" flights with a different operator. When I used to have DL Diamond I always got upgraded, no issues, on DL "Connection" flights operated by Skywest.
Yep, serious enough issue that I'd avoid the non-stop and fly PDX-SEA-STL for the 737 flight from SEA-STL since you WILL get upgraded to the waitlist or you can usually upgrade immediately with the Gold certs. I know everyone seems to think SkyWest wouldn't swap aircraft, but there is always the chance that the E175 could get a CR7 swap in which case there would be no first class anyway. I know these flights have an AS flight # but I don't think their reservation system is set up in such as way that recognizes these flights as "AS metal" flights and until that happens, upgrades won't happen til the gate.

I've never understood why SkyWest UA/DL CR7s have first class and AS doesn't...is that a SkyWest or AS decision?
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
No surprising....I'd be a bit nervous booking a F seat on these routes...Keep in mind these are actually SkyWest operated flights that can easily get subbed out to a CR7 with no first class and then you're in for a LONG ride (UA runs CR7s between SFO-MCI so they have the range even if they are uncomfortable).
They can definitely make it, though they suck, especially when the winds are strong. When I flew MCI-SFO last December, flight time was 3:52hrs and 4:02hrs gate to gate. The plane was also overweight, so 10~ gate checked bags were actually brought into the cabin. We also got a CR7 with slimlines, so the flight was even worse in terms of pax comfort.

Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Im hoping mci-pdx is in the next round of expansion. What i would really like to see from the midwest is more morning flights to the west coast so i can make it to hawaii and other places without having to overnight on the west coast
As am I. At the very least, we'll be going double-daily on MCI-SEA starting next summer.

WN already flies MCI-PDX, so I'd hope that they would start out with a 737 to compete.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 8:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Agreed.

i wonder if this upgrade situation is something that missydarlin would be willing/able to investigate and/or weigh in on?

i really want to be able to use the PDX-STL flight, but i can't do it if upgrades are going to be a challenge. especially since the SEA flight always has U available and more often than not prices to allow gold certs. i would prefer to connect in PDX though for the shorter out-of-the-way leg.
Old Dec 3, 2014, 11:29 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG
I'm sure they'll fix the upgrade issue long before these flights start operating. I just hope that they correctly add people based on the purchase date. I'm pretty sure I was the first one to book the MKE flight, so I should be high on the list
Old Dec 4, 2014, 1:44 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies

As am I. At the very least, we'll be going double-daily on MCI-SEA starting next summer.
Looks like the double daily is already loaded, additional 7:00am departure from mci as well as a 6pm departure from sea. Love the new times
Old Dec 4, 2014, 3:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by alphaeagle
I'm sure they'll fix the upgrade issue long before these flights start operating. I just hope that they correctly add people based on the purchase date. I'm pretty sure I was the first one to book the MKE flight, so I should be high on the list
I wouldn't count on that being fixed by the time the flights start up....I don't think it sounds like a "quick fix" since it is an IT issue and what they may consider a "low priority" issue right now.
Old Dec 4, 2014, 4:37 pm
ANC

I wouldn't count on that being fixed by the time the flights start up....I don't think it sounds like a "quick fix" since it is an IT issue and what they may consider a "low priority" issue right now.
ironic this is now back in the discussion. I was just getting on here to inquiry about this glitch again. When I first brought it up on page 1 2 or 3 I cant recall which one, it was stated that it isnt a glitch and because its a partner flight thats how its going to be. And to that I say hog wash. I researched the T&Cs of the AS contract with Skywest and found that Skywest is only responsible for a/c operation and AS handles tickets, sales, fare buckets, etc... And the fact that these are companion fare bookable, AS seat select for elites, and earn AS metal EQMs pretty much blows that out of the water

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.