Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MKE, OKC and PDX-STL with E175s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 1:51 pm

Well I certainly stand corrected on the issue of ovens In that case, these will be the best E75s in domestic service, and I already think pretty highly of these aircraft. Wifi, power, streaming video and hot food.

AS is making a lot of good decisions these days. Not to threadjack, but did you all see the mileage earning announcement today? DL will go by fare bucket, which is expected, but AS is boosting earnings on their own metal - and you MVP75K's will make out even better.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:14 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Don't even worry about F unless you absolutely must sit up front. The bulkhead rows on these will be great if it's configured like every other E75 out there. I don't believe E75s have ovens, so even if you're just doing it for a meal, it'll likely be a cold one.
I just want to be up there the first day

but Im not paying full fare for it
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:25 pm
ANC

Im guessing at MKE they will be at concourse C gates 10 or 12?

Skywest runs the AA services there at those gates. Also a heads up to anyone planning on flying to MKE and connecting to elsewhere be advised that the concourses do not connect inside the sterile area. If you are using Delta or UA from there you would have to leave the C concourse and reenter security at D. Not really a connection kind of airport though so it isnt much of an issue. I think every destination that a current partner serves from MKE is served by AS (except maybe LGAand with the squabble with DL I wouldnt forsee any codeshare opening to LGA) from SEA so it shouldnt be much of an issue

Last edited by ANC; Nov 26, 2014 at 2:30 pm
Old Nov 26, 2014, 2:47 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
don't forget, these are NEW birds coming from Brazil.. so they will be fully outfitted as required by Alaska. These aren't CRJ 700s and 200s that get thrown around between the marketing carriers.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 3:23 pm

Programs: AS 75k
Originally Posted by BearX220
I've done DEN-YYZ aboard an AC E175 or E190, and it was just fine. That's a really good aircraft and this is all really good news.
I agree, they're great little planes. 5A (Delta setup) is one of my favorite Y seats on any plane - miles of leg room! 5B is one of the worst, though (everyone runs into you as they board). That said it's still a small plane with a tiny bathroom and 4+ hours is a stretch - especially when you're too tall to actually stand up in them and... stretch.

Originally Posted by MKEflyer95
An E175 barely has the range for a route as long as MKE-SEA
The AR versions have a 2200 NM range and the STD versions 1750 NM (w/ 78 pax and typical fuel requirements)... SEA-MKE is 1472 NM. Range to spare.

SEA-IND is probably the viable limit distance for the STD version.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
Im guessing at MKE they will be at concourse C gates 10 or 12?

Skywest runs the AA services there at those gates. Also a heads up to anyone planning on flying to MKE and connecting to elsewhere be advised that the concourses do not connect inside the sterile area. If you are using Delta or UA from there you would have to leave the C concourse and reenter security at D. Not really a connection kind of airport though so it isnt much of an issue. I think every destination that a current partner serves from MKE is served by AS (except maybe LGAand with the squabble with DL I wouldnt forsee any codeshare opening to LGA) from SEA so it shouldnt be much of an issue
I doubt it. With that much gates open in D I'd probably see Alaska operating there. And I can also believe that American will soon in the near future probably operate in D as more Southwest flights are coming to MKE in the near future. I'm highly predicting that sometime Southwest will be the only airline operating in C at MKE. E is also pretty empty.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 4:38 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by MKEflyer95
I doubt it. With that much gates open in D I'd probably see Alaska operating there. And I can also believe that American will soon in the near future probably operate in D as more Southwest flights are coming to MKE in the near future. I'm highly predicting that sometime Southwest will be the only airline operating in C at MKE. E is also pretty empty.
well I couldnt disagree. Unlike ORD and SEA who have a shortage of gate space. MKE has an excess of it. I guess AE could move to D or E but Im just assuming AE is going to do the ground work for AS especially since the AE flights there are already Skywest operated. Would you see them going to D or E
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:27 pm

SkyWest actually operates out of all three concourses at MKE. They run AA* out of C, DL* out of D, and UA* out of E. With a maintenance base in Milwaukee and several partners, Milwaukee was the busiest non-hub for SkyWest jets in August. These are average daily operations (arr+dep) of all OO jets for all partners:

278 DEN
275 SLC
241 LAX
238 ORD
152 SFO
132 MSP
126 PHX
80 IAH
50 MKE
44 SEA
42 PDX

So SkyWest is definitely not a stranger in Milwaukee...
Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:35 pm

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
don't forget, these are NEW birds coming from Brazil.. so they will be fully outfitted as required by Alaska. These aren't CRJ 700s and 200s that get thrown around between the marketing carriers.
Yeah, I just thought I'd read somewhere that there wasn't any room in the galley to fit ovens on the E75. I'm obviously wrong about that, and I can't find what I thought I read in any case.

I'm a huge E70/75 fan In fact, I was supposed to be on one tomorrow, but our Thanksgiving flight got canceled!
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
well I couldnt disagree. Unlike ORD and SEA who have a shortage of gate space. MKE has an excess of it. I guess AE could move to D or E but Im just assuming AE is going to do the ground work for AS especially since the AE flights there are already Skywest operated. Would you see them going to D or E
I would probably see them in D. Frontier has I believe 12 gates in D at MKE and they only have one year-round route I think you should know what it is and a few seasonal routes. I see Alaska taking up one of those 12 gates and American taking up another two gates. And US Airways has two gates in D as well and American is in process of acquiring US. It makes sense to me.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:15 pm

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel reports that the new Amazon distribution facility in Kenosha played a role in Alaska's choice of MKE.

http://www.jsonline.com/business/new...283982351.html

A new Amazon.com distribution center being built in Kenosha County was one of the factors that prompted Seattle-based Alaska Airlines to add nonstop service in Milwaukee, an airline spokeswoman said.

Alaska said Tuesday it is expanding its partnership with SkyWest Airlines by adding daily nonstop service starting July 1 between Seattle and Milwaukee.

Seattle-based Amazon is developing a 1.5 million-square-foot distribution complex in Kenosha that eventually will employ more than 1,500 people. The complex is about 30 miles south of Milwaukee's Mitchell International Airport.

Airline industry-watchers said Milwaukee airport officials had been actively putting word out in the air travel industry and pitching airlines about the possibility of either expanding or adding Seattle service here.

Southwest Airlines, the market share leader at Mitchell International, already flies nonstop to Seattle from Milwaukee.

Alaska Air, which has a reputation as a well-run, profitable airline, wouldn't have added the service if it didn't think it could succeed, airline industry-watchers said.

The new Amazon facility in Kenosha presumably will result in more fliers on the route.

"...It was one of a number of drivers in our decision," Bobbie Egan, spokeswoman for Alaska Airlines said in an email. "The travel patterns of our business customers definitely factor into our new market decisions. Amazon is a key client for us."

The site where the distribution center is being built is about 27 miles from MKE, but only about 47 miles from ORD where Alaska already flies. It's actually within the northern fringe of the official Chicago metro area though a good deal closer to Milwaukee.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:42 pm

Programs: Midwest Miles, AirTran A+ Rewards
Very good news indeed. I think Alaska will be surprised how well the MKE-SEA route will work load wise. I am not sure about the profit side of things. There are many people driving to ORD or making a connection in MSP to get to SEA. Now if only Delta would bring back MKE-SLC.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:48 pm

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Yeah, I just thought I'd read somewhere that there wasn't any room in the galley to fit ovens on the E75. I'm obviously wrong about that, and I can't find what I thought I read in any case.
Well, you're not wrong per se. As I understand it, it's a special galley cart that plugs into the airplane. I've never actually seen one myself, though.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:52 pm

Programs: AS,UA
Im hoping mci-pdx is in the next round of expansion. What i would really like to see from the midwest is more morning flights to the west coast so i can make it to hawaii and other places without having to overnight on the west coast
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by lebowski2222
Im hoping mci-pdx is in the next round of expansion. What i would really like to see from the midwest is more morning flights to the west coast so i can make it to hawaii and other places without having to overnight on the west coast
I was thinking the same thing about PDX-MCI....perfect aircraft for the route!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.