Wiki Posts
Search

MKE, OKC and PDX-STL with E175s

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2014, 6:36 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
After looking at dummy bookings for PDX-STL this August, it looks like these SkyWest operated flights are NOT eligible for upgrades using the Gold upgrade certs...the reservation system WILL sell you a F seat, but is treating these flights like AA or DL flights being sold on Alaska-Air.com and therefore ineligible for these types of upgrades. My assumption is that, like DL flights (for the time being), AS elites should be eligible for complementary upgrades at their respective upgrade windows (or at least on the day of departure). Perhaps not being eligible for upgrade cert upgrades will make them that much easier for upgrades....we'll see, but either way it's better than the all Y CR7 flights currently operated by SkyWest.
Im waiting a bit to see if bugs like this are worked out. As mentioned before the F seats dont even show up on the seat map. One would think that the same stuff applies to these a/c as the 737s and not like a DL or AA operated flight
Old Nov 26, 2014, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by ANC
Im waiting a bit to see if bugs like this are worked out. As mentioned before the F seats dont even show up on the seat map. One would think that the same stuff applies to these a/c as the 737s and not like a DL or AA operated flight
Don't even worry about F unless you absolutely must sit up front. The bulkhead rows on these will be great if it's configured like every other E75 out there. I don't believe E75s have ovens, so even if you're just doing it for a meal, it'll likely be a cold one.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:17 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
I guess we should be happy they aren't running the SkyWest EMB120's that UA is no longer going to be using.
Skywest EMB120s operate where there would be no other service at all. What would you rather have, a 4-6 hour drive, or a flight on an EMB120. I used to fly on EMB120s quite often and never had a particular issue with them, realizing that they're designed for thin thin routes that wouldn't have air service otherwise.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 8:41 am

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SAMSUNG-SM-G870A Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

Originally Posted by beckoa
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Chugach
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.4.2; SAMSUNG-SM-G870A Build/KOT49H) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/39.0.2171.59 Mobile Safari/537.36)

One other interesting note: the CPA agreement notes that Skywest will get additional E175 deliveries on behalf of AS in 2016, which roughly coincides with the planned combi drawdown.

Perhaps I'm reading too much into it, but I won't be surprised if some of those E175's make it to ANC for some of the longer intra-Alaska routes that don't see heavy enough loads for consistent mainline 734/738 service. Stuff like ANC-BRW/OTZ/OME/ADK, maybe even BET and the seasonal AKN/DLG.
How does a E75 do with cargo though? Probably still need freighters to haul most of the cargo to/from villages.

And short field performance? Could we see a return to DUT? (no idea if these a/c have any short field ability)
I'd be willing to bet it does better than the Q400 on cargo.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:30 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by PWMTrav
Don't even worry about F unless you absolutely must sit up front. The bulkhead rows on these will be great if it's configured like every other E75 out there. I don't believe E75s have ovens, so even if you're just doing it for a meal, it'll likely be a cold one.
True...they don't have ovens so the F meal is likely to be what UAX F serves which is a free snack box....definitely not the same experience as AS mainline but for MKE and OKC it's better than nothing.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:32 am

Programs: AS, AA Gold, and Hilton
I understand this is with a partner but TYTYTY for adding MKE. I'm going to have a hard time waiting until 7/1/2014.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 9:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by ANC
Unless they plan on some Sabre updates, I don't think their reservation system is set up to process upgrade certs or even waitlisted upgrades on partner flights such as this (as noticed by a previous poster who already purchased one of the MKE flights and is NOT waitlisted). Until all the kinks get worked out, my guess is that any elite upgrades will be given out at the gate similar to how it works with DL flights.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:23 am

Programs: Whatever gets me there faster.
I don't believe E75s have ovens, so even if you're just doing it for a meal, it'll likely be a cold one.
True...they don't have ovens so the F meal is likely to be what UAX F serves which is a free snack box....
UA is retrofitting their E-175s with ovens to serve hot meals, and it's stated in the press releases that these AS flights will serve hot meals, so, yes, they will have ovens.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by DXjr
UA is retrofitting their E-175s with ovens to serve hot meals, and it's stated in the press releases that these AS flights will serve hot meals, so, yes, they will have ovens.
The press release also says they will have streaming entertainment, like the AS 737s were going to have by the end of 2014.....so yeah, that is the long range "plan", but I wouldn't expect a hot meal in Y or F for awhile.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 10:59 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by DXjr
The press release also says they will have streaming entertainment, like the AS 737s were going to have by the end of 2014.....so yeah, that is the long range "plan", but I wouldn't expect a hot meal in Y or F for awhile.
I'd think the A/c could be delivered with ovens.

Wifi is added a bit later it seems.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:16 am

Programs: AA Plat, Alaska MVP, HHonors Gold, IHG Plat, Hertz PC, National Executive Elite, UA Kettle
SkyWest had ovens on their CRJs flying as Midwest Connect so presumably the E jets will have ovens if Alaska wants them.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:33 am

Programs: DEN: WN or UA, AA LT Gold, VIA Preference Preferred
Originally Posted by EIPremier
That's a really nice ratio of F to Y seats...

One could hope that some long thin routes such as SEA-OMA, currently operated by a CRJ-700, would also eventually transition over to the ERJ-175.
Yes can they please dump the CR7s in favor of these?

Daze
Old Nov 26, 2014, 11:37 am

My understanding is the airplanes will come online with all of the advertised amenities. Hot meals, Wifi, streaming entertainment and power ports in F.
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:24 pm

Programs: Hyatt Explorist, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by rwinn
SkyWest had ovens on their CRJs flying as Midwest Connect so presumably the E jets will have ovens if Alaska wants them.
According to OMAAT, they do have ovens: http://onemileatatime.boardingarea.c...skywest-fleet/
Old Nov 26, 2014, 12:29 pm

Programs: AA, DL, AS, VA, WS Silver
I don't believe E75s have ovens, so even if you're just doing it for a meal, it'll likely be a cold one.
From the press release (emphasis added):

Food and beverage will include hot meals and picnic packs for purchase, in addition to Northwest microbrews and wine.
So apparently these E175s will have ovens. Obviously, any plane can be configured with or without ovens, though it's true that many (but not all, as others have noted) E175s in service do not have ovens.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.