Community
Wiki Posts
Search

500 mile minimum ?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:16 pm
Original Poster

500 mile minimum ?

Just qualified for MVPG - but barely. My statement seems to reflect only 127 miles between YVR and SEA.

I confess that I have not researched this at all but has the 500 mile minimum qualifying mileage been amended ?

Thanks for your input.
Old Oct 26, 2014, 11:54 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Originally Posted by Oreck
Just qualified for MVPG - but barely. My statement seems to reflect only 127 miles between YVR and SEA.

I confess that I have not researched this at all but has the 500 mile minimum qualifying mileage been amended ?

Thanks for your input.
You received 127 EQMs for the actual flight miles and a bonus 373 EQMs to meet the 500 mile minimum. These bonus miles are listed with any other bonus RDMs, be they from promotions or elite status. For example, an MVP who flew YVR-SEA would see 127 miles in the miles column and 623 miles in the bonus column, for a total of 750 RDMs and 500 EQMs.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:10 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
You received 127 EQMs for the actual flight miles and a bonus 373 EQMs to meet the 500 mile minimum. These bonus miles are listed with any other bonus RDMs, be they from promotions or elite status. For example, an MVP who flew YVR-SEA would see 127 miles in the miles column and 623 miles in the bonus column, for a total of 750 RDMs and 500 EQMs.

Yes, thanks - that is always the way it has been.

I got lazy on this - it appears to have posted incorrectly and I will rectify directly. Thanks again.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 9:22 am

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
The way they post in your Mileage Activity is a bit confusing. Any EQMs above the BIS distance get counted in with your bonus miles for the leg. I was hoping the August shutdown was going to bring more granular reporting similar to what DL provides, but no luck. The excuse is that only BIS miles count towards MM status, but it other airlines are able to report discretely how things break down (EQM arned, RDM earned, MMM earned). so why can't AS?
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:45 pm

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by IsleOfMan
The way they post in your Mileage Activity is a bit confusing. Any EQMs above the BIS distance get counted in with your bonus miles for the leg. I was hoping the August shutdown was going to bring more granular reporting similar to what DL provides, but no luck. The excuse is that only BIS miles count towards MM status, but it other airlines are able to report discretely how things break down (EQM arned, RDM earned, MMM earned). so why can't AS?
Wait? So you're saying that MM only counts butt-in-seat miles without any 500miles minimum? That would suck for a lot of regular short-hop fliers
Old Oct 27, 2014, 2:49 pm

Programs: DL Silver, AS MVP, UA Silver, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Plat, SPG Plat, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by jona970318
Wait? So you're saying that MM only counts butt-in-seat miles without any 500miles minimum? That would suck for a lot of regular short-hop fliers
Fairly certain as the terms read "1,000,000 actual flight miles".
Old Oct 27, 2014, 4:54 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
That may be the case because Ive probably flown well over 150 segments between ANC/FAI which if using the 500 minimum would put me at 75,000 toward million miler but instead I think those trips netted me just over 39K toward a million Paid F bonuses must not count either because Im still shy of 250K toward million miler. Which if I add up all my EQM miles over the years Id be closer to 350 or 400k
Old Nov 7, 2014, 2:52 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
That may be the case because Ive probably flown well over 150 segments between ANC/FAI which if using the 500 minimum would put me at 75,000 toward million miler but instead I think those trips netted me just over 39K toward a million Paid F bonuses must not count either because Im still shy of 250K toward million miler. Which if I add up all my EQM miles over the years Id be closer to 350 or 400k
I guess I will take one for the team since my whole record with AS is still relatively easy to dig up. Lifetime miles is indeed inclusive of 500 mile minimums.

Below is a snapshot of my summary from last month. I know. It's pretty pathetic. At least I'm not like George Clooney: "it's personal" kind of guy. A couple of long-hauls have posted since then. Anyway, as you can see, if you don't count the two SEA-YVR segments initially, it will add up to 7921 AS miles, which happens to be 1000miles short of the total miles. Between two flights, that means 500 each. The total lifetime also equals to the total AS this year since I've only started back in March, this means that 500minimum applies to lifetime count as well

Old Nov 7, 2014, 9:17 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Thanks for the info of them counting ^
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:01 am
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
nice information. Now Im really perplexed as to why my calculations are off :/ . I wonder if I didnt receive credit for some flights but that would be quite a few. Or maybe its the F bonuses that dont count when I did some of those companion fare runs to HNL and OGG.
Old Nov 8, 2014, 9:49 am

Originally Posted by ANC
nice information. Now Im really perplexed as to why my calculations are off :/ . I wonder if I didnt receive credit for some flights but that would be quite a few. Or maybe its the F bonuses that dont count when I did some of those companion fare runs to HNL and OGG.
I think this could be why, since cabin miles is categorized as a bonus
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:51 am

Programs: AS 75K (OW), SK Silver (*A), UR, MR
It turns out this very EQM bonus up to 500 miles from a recent short flight will qualify me for MVPG already after my next flight. I have read it takes two weeks for Alaska to process your new elite tier, and soon afterwards I have a transcon trip.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 9:57 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by vanillabean
It turns out this very EQM bonus up to 500 miles from a recent short flight will qualify me for MVPG already after my next flight. I have read it takes two weeks for Alaska to process your new elite tier, and soon afterwards I have a transcon trip.
I would be surprised if it took more than 48 hours after flight posting for your new status to show.
vanillabean likes this.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 2:49 pm

Programs: AS
YES, those are butt in the seat miles.
I always have admired those achieving this on AS.
Old Jul 29, 2021, 6:01 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Bonvoy Platinum, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Tide_from_PAE
Shouldn't they have seen a total of 750 EQM, given the current 1.5x EQM promo?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.