Community
Wiki Posts
Search

LAX-YVR MVPG upgrades?

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2014, 10:36 pm
Original Poster

LAX-YVR MVPG upgrades?

I had a look through the upgrades thread but there weren't too many comments on it..

What's the general opinion on U space availability on YVR -> LAX ?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 8:44 am

Programs: AA EXP, AS 100K, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by snicko
I had a look through the upgrades thread but there weren't too many comments on it..

What's the general opinion on U space availability on YVR -> LAX ?
I haven't personally flown this route, although I will be next month. I think it should be relatively easy
Old Sep 20, 2014, 12:25 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
For me, it has depended on days/times. No luck on the morning and late afternoon departures during the week. At other times, no problem. When are your flights?
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:32 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Finkface
For me, it has depended on days/times. No luck on the morning and late afternoon departures during the week. At other times, no problem. When are your flights?
On a Thursday late afternoon - AS702

Guess I"ll find out in a couple of weeks
Old Sep 20, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
On a Thursday late afternoon - AS702

Guess I"ll find out in a couple of weeks
I'd said you have a very good chance; dinnertime departure out of YVR. It is usually toughest on the morning flights to LAX and the mid-afternoon flight from LAX, IME. I've been on this flight a couple of times mid-week and always got the upgrade. Maybe others can chime in but I think you've got a very good shot.
Old Sep 20, 2014, 10:02 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I realize you looked through the upgrade thread, but is a net new thread necessary for one route?
Old Sep 22, 2014, 1:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amethyst Premier Plutonium Medallion
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I realize you looked through the upgrade thread, but is a net new thread necessary for one route?
i wonder if we could petition our moderators to create a "consolidated xxx-yyy upgrade chances thread". i feel like we see these threads every so often, in fact there are at least 2 on the first page as of the current moment (this one plus LAX-DCA).
Old Sep 23, 2014, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I thought the purpose of the upgrade thread was to report on success / failures of upgrades. It doesn't mention anything about asking for upgrade chances. I *did* look through the thread for info on past upgrades but didn't find much other than a couple of reports earlier in year around Feb.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 11:52 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
I've never had an issue on the 6p YVR-LAX flight. CATSA/CBP are quick that time of night as well, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the awesome lounge.

The 9a LAX-YVR flight has been difficult for me this year. I've cleared at the gate a couple times and the others have cleared in the 72-48 hour range.
Old Sep 25, 2014, 8:41 pm

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I've never had an issue on the 6p YVR-LAX flight. CATSA/CBP are quick that time of night as well, leaving plenty of time to enjoy the awesome lounge.

The 9a LAX-YVR flight has been difficult for me this year. I've cleared at the gate a couple times and the others have cleared in the 72-48 hour range.
Any thoughts on the 6am YVR-LAX?
Old Sep 26, 2014, 9:25 am

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Originally Posted by jona970318
Any thoughts on the 6am YVR-LAX?
I've done it a couple times in the last two years and had no problem clearing at the 75k window. I try not to do that flight because the 400a wakeup call really, really sucks.
Old Sep 27, 2014, 6:48 am

Originally Posted by tusphotog
I've done it a couple times in the last two years and had no problem clearing at the 75k window. I try not to do that flight because the 400a wakeup call really, really sucks.
I'll be flying in from the east coast the night before. Sounds like a standard morning to me
Old Oct 1, 2014, 7:42 pm
Original Poster

Interesting - so at T-24 and the UG did not clear. I had a quick look and the flight is showing F7 U0 . .
Old Oct 1, 2014, 8:12 pm

Interesting - so at T-24 and the UG did not clear. I had a quick look and the flight is showing F7 U0 . .
There's usually a +-1 hour period when the UGs clear. Where on the list are you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.