Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Sep 1, 2014, 12:14 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by:
AS SFO Boardroom closed in June 2014.

AS BR members can now access the SFO CX Lounge.

Hours of operation: 6am-1am

Requirements for access:
- Current Boardroom Membership; and
- Same day flight on an Alaska marketed & operated flight.

Entry is not open to:
- Paid F tickets
- Boardroom members with a flight on another airline (e.g., CX)
- Priority Pass holders
- BR Day Pass holders
Print Wikipost

AS Board Room members now have access to the SFO CX business lounge effective 8/22/14

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2014, 10:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club

According to Board Room Administration, AS has made arrangements with Cathay Pacific for use of their International Terminal lounge at SFO as a "partner" Board Room location. Entry privileges could be active as early as this week.

I understand that this is one of the nicest lounges at SFO, located at Level 4 of the International Terminal after security (in the area with the Air France/KLM, JAL and China Airlines lounges). It's apparently on the small side for an international lounge, but offers a hot entree buffet and noodle bar, along with showers.

Looking forward to trying it out.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:07 am

Programs: AS MVPG, AA, BA, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum, IHG, Hertz 5*
Originally Posted by getoffthe grid
According to Board Room Administration, AS has made arrangements with Cathay Pacific for use of their International Terminal lounge at SFO as a "partner" Board Room location. Entry privileges could be active as early as this week.

I understand that this is one of the nicest lounges at SFO, located at Level 4 of the International Terminal after security (in the area with the Air France/KLM, JAL and China Airlines lounges). It's apparently on the small side for an international lounge, but offers a hot entree buffet and noodle bar, along with showers.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but this was about the best we could have hoped for, aside from the BA Lounge, thought that would have been harder. I find this great news if it's in fact true and welcome it. That will make the next 6 years far more palatable. What does everyone else think?
Old Aug 18, 2014, 11:18 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
I'm not sure about everyone else, but this was about the best we could have hoped for, aside from the BA Lounge, thought that would have been harder. I find this great news if it's in fact true and welcome it. That will make the next 6 years far more palatable. What does everyone else think?
Hooray for AS and the BR members!! Too bad my routing to France next month got changed to ANC-SEA-DTW-CDG. I would like to check out the new lounge.
Old Aug 18, 2014, 12:27 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Originally Posted by getoffthe grid

That would be excellent news. It is a pleasant lounge with an adequate (but not excellent) F&B selections for international standards, and has the nicest attendants one could imagine. The noodle bar is open only for CX departure hours (as I used this lounge several times for LAN flights).
Old Aug 18, 2014, 1:06 pm

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by pdxasflyer
I agree with you that this is a good result.

I probably won't be departing from SFO on AS until around 9/11, so hopefully they will have it done by then. I guess my only disappointment was why they closed the SFO room in June while not moving until August. Oh well. (When I was at SFO on Saturday morning, by phone picked up the AS_BOARD_ROOM WiFi while waiting at gate 22. Sigh.)
Old Aug 18, 2014, 9:43 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Crazy.

This would be quite fun if CX comes to fruition...would add quite a bit of value for SFO BR travelers.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 12:20 am

Sadly, that won't help those of us who fly Alaska only occasionally and rely on Priority Pass for access. I'm not holding my breath for CX letting PP in. Might be worth a BR day pass on occasion if that works.
Old Aug 19, 2014, 1:32 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by djibouti
Sadly, that won't help those of us who fly Alaska only occasionally and rely on Priority Pass for access. I'm not holding my breath for CX letting PP in. Might be worth a BR day pass on occasion if that works.
As its not a BR location I can't see a BR pass getting one in.
Old Aug 20, 2014, 11:04 am
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Flying upgraded F next week to PVR. Would be great to have access.
Old Aug 21, 2014, 9:58 am

Programs: Alaska Mileage Plan MVPG, HHonors Gold, Hyatt GP Plat, SPG Gold, IHG Spire
I was at the CX Lounge yesterday, so I asked the agent about the rumor. She said BR members were supposed to have access starting 8/20/14, but that has been delayed, until sometime "soon".

It is now super convenient to connect at SFO on the outbound for CX, AF, KL, BA, EK, JL (& more), if you don't mind having to pad your connection times. After arriving from SEA, I went straight to the CX lounge, where the agent checked me in and had the baggage handlers affix a priority tag to the bag I checked at SEA.

Lounge hopped over to BA Terraces before boarding CX879, to enjoy the serenity of 1A (&1K, as the load was 5 of 9). Only ten more days before the end of 744 long haul service.

CX 879 departed from A3. In the same holding area (downstairs), AS pax waiting for the PDX flight. It's still a little weird to see our little 737s parked next to all those 747s, 777s, and A380s. As an Av geek, I love the move.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 3:48 am

Originally Posted by Mr_Tudball
I was at the CX Lounge yesterday, so I asked the agent about the rumor. She said BR members were supposed to have access starting 8/20/14, but that has been delayed, until sometime "soon".
Seems like "soon" is today.

Originally Posted by alaskaair.com/boardroom

San Francisco International Airport (SLC)
Cathay Pacific Lounge

Board Room members must have a valid ticket for same-day travel on Alaska Airlines.

Location: 4th Floor, South Departure Hall, International Terminal

Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Yeehaw (and that was a direct copy/paste)

Too bad my BR membership is lapsed and I have no SFO plans. But a step in the right direction ^
Old Aug 22, 2014, 4:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
Any word if paid or award F get access?
Old Aug 22, 2014, 6:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska 75K Aeroplan 25K HHonors Gold Marriott lifetime Plat IHG Plat Hertz Pres Club
CX lounge now on AS website (with typo for airport code)

San Francisco International Airport (SLC)
Cathay Pacific Lounge

Board Room members must have a valid ticket for same-day travel on Alaska Airlines.

Location: 4th Floor, South Departure Hall, International Terminal

Hours: 6:00 a.m. - 1:00 a.m.
Old Aug 22, 2014, 10:04 am

Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
Any word if paid or award F get access?
Since it only states BR members, I'd imagine that's who its for.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:12 pm

Greetings
I was at SFO today and heard from the Alaska folks that they have reached an agreement for BR members to use the Cathay Pacific lounge at SFO- international boarding area A...still to be determined when to take effect

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.