Wiki Posts
Search

digEplayer question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2014, 6:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
digEplayer question

I'm flying AS from PHL to SEA on October 2nd. Really excited for my first Alaska Air flight. However, I'm trying to reserve a digEplayer for that day, and on the digEcor website, Flight 27 on 10/2 is coming up as ORD to SEA. I emailed the digEcor customer service, and the rep insisted that Flight 31 is actually the PHL to SEA flight. However, that's definitely not the case. I booked the itinerary and if you go to the AS website and try to book the flight, it's absolutely Flight 27. I emailed again with this information over a week ago and have not heard a response. What's the deal here? Should I reserve the player for Flight 27 or 31?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:40 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
Originally Posted by bridge29
I'm flying AS from PHL to SEA on October 2nd. Really excited for my first Alaska Air flight. However, I'm trying to reserve a digEplayer for that day, and on the digEcor website, Flight 27 on 10/2 is coming up as ORD to SEA. I emailed the digEcor customer service, and the rep insisted that Flight 31 is actually the PHL to SEA flight. However, that's definitely not the case. I booked the itinerary and if you go to the AS website and try to book the flight, it's absolutely Flight 27. I emailed again with this information over a week ago and have not heard a response. What's the deal here? Should I reserve the player for Flight 27 or 31?
The flight number changed on the 23rd, so it seems like some sort of glitch. I would call AS, as I'm sure the digE player request is tied to your reservation and not the flight number.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 7:51 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
The flight number changed on the 23rd, so it seems like some sort of glitch. I would call AS, as I'm sure the digE player request is tied to your reservation and not the flight number.
Thanks... I actually originally emailed AS customer service and they just told me to get in touch with digEcore.

Update, I tried to make the reservation on Flight 31 (what they're saying is PHL to SEA) and got a "DENY" error message.
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Regardless, they are unlikely to run out of DigEplayers unless *maybe* if you are in the last row of the plane....how many of those do they usually load? Anyone know?
Old Aug 25, 2014, 11:33 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Regardless, they are unlikely to run out of DigEplayers unless *maybe* if you are in the last row of the plane....how many of those do they usually load? Anyone know?
I had a family member miss out on a KOA-ANC nonstop I forgot until within 24 hours and it was too late. To the OP- I'd check back in a couple of weeks to see if there was an update.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 2:12 am
Suspended

Programs: AS MVPGold75K, Hilton Gold, IHG Platinum, Pan Am million-miler
Can't AS just install entertainment already so we don't have to deal with these digEplayer debacles anymore?
Old Aug 26, 2014, 5:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Edgerfly
Can't AS just install entertainment already so we don't have to deal with these digEplayer debacles anymore?
No. AS is going the personal device route streaming media from a server. Sooner or later AS will be phasing them out completely.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 10:47 am

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
I think the current number is 50 players but remember that 16 (or 12 depending on the a/c) are provided for FC passengers. Occasionally one or two in FC decline but most all take and use the player.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:34 am

Programs: AS MVPG75k, SQ Gold
Originally Posted by CDKing
No. AS is going the personal device route streaming media from a server. Sooner or later AS will be phasing them out completely.
I would suspect that day is coming sooner, rather than later. There's really no point to spending money on streaming servers and devices when so many travelers have tablets and smartphones. I'd much rather have power outlets on all planes to charge my own device.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 11:38 am

Originally Posted by dadamn
I would suspect that day is coming sooner, rather than later. There's really no point to spending money on streaming servers and devices when so many travelers have tablets and smartphones. I'd much rather have power outlets on all planes to charge my own device.
I feel like its a lot of work for the flight attendants to distribute/collect digeplayers, so I doubt they will be missed by crew. What I'm wondering is if any sort of device be provided for F pax, and will F pax have free access to the entertainment server? Otherwise, seems like a downgrade for those flying up front.
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
I feel like its a lot of work for the flight attendants to distribute/collect digeplayers, so I doubt they will be missed by crew. What I'm wondering is if any sort of device be provided for F pax, and will F pax have free access to the entertainment server? Otherwise, seems like a downgrade for those flying up front.
Not to mention the fact that not everyone has their own device to play the streaming entertainment....I'd gladly rent a DigEplayer for my 4 or 6 year old, but I'm not buying them their own ipads (yet)....I know there was talk of some type of ipad-like rental for those without devices.

Last edited by PDXPremier; Aug 26, 2014 at 4:26 pm
Old Aug 26, 2014, 12:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
It would be nice of AS would do what DL is doing and offering GoGo vision streaming for no charge on flights over 90 min
Old Aug 26, 2014, 3:26 pm

Programs: MVPG75k-Boardroom, Hilton Gold
I had no idea you could reserve one ahead of time.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.