Wiki Posts
Search

Two Statuses Booked Together - Waitlist

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2014, 8:55 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, SPG
Two Statuses Booked Together - Waitlist

We have two tickets booked together. One MVP and the other Gold. Does it matter who checks in? Wondering if the system puts you higher on the waitlist based on your status at check-in. Anyone have experience or data points?
Old May 20, 2014, 9:08 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Originally Posted by NewGirl
We have two tickets booked together. One MVP and the other Gold. Does it matter who checks in? Wondering if the system puts you higher on the waitlist based on your status at check-in. Anyone have experience or data points?
If both PAX are on the same PNR and the MVPG booked the PNR, then the UG operates under MVPG rules. But realize there needs to be enough U space so either both of you UG or neither of you will.

Cheers,
Kermee
Old May 20, 2014, 9:10 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, SPG
Originally Posted by Kermee
If both PAX are on the same PNR and the MVPG booked the PNR, then the UG operates under MVPG rules. But realize there needs to be enough U space so either both of you UG or neither of you will.

Cheers,
Kermee

Dang, so the system doesn't upgrade just one if booked on the same PNR?
Old May 20, 2014, 9:38 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP 75K / SPG Plat (100 Nights) / NEXUS
Talking

Correct. You'd have to split each PAX to their own PNR. But then the MVPG would be under MVPG rules and the MVP would be under MVP rules...

... Comes down to how much you like this person?

Cheers,
Kermee
Old May 20, 2014, 9:46 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

And if on a companion cert, thus means you can't split the PNR if you want to.
Old May 21, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; IHG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz Five*; Global Entry
They will usually ask you if you want to split your party up before they move to the next on the list.

Strange side note - the past 3 bookings with my 75k BF have put me above him on the upgrade list.
Old May 21, 2014, 11:52 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by klsteph
They will usually ask you if you want to split your party up before they move to the next on the list.

Strange side note - the past 3 bookings with my 75k BF have put me above him on the upgrade list.
I think that's alphabetical- unless you were the primary traveler.
Old May 21, 2014, 5:22 pm

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold; IHG Platinum; Hyatt Platinum; Hertz Five*; Global Entry
Originally Posted by beckoa

I think that's alphabetical- unless you were the primary traveler.
He booked the flight. But maybe he put me in first on the reservation page?
Old May 21, 2014, 5:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by beckoa

And if on a companion cert, thus means you can't split the PNR if you want to.
And there are reports that when 2 U seats are available, it's been auto upgrading both passengers (even when it's 2 MVPs).
Old May 21, 2014, 6:33 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
The GA split my companion-fare ticket when there was room for one upgrade earlier this month on a SEA-SJC segment.

We're both MVP.

Couldn't use OLCI for the two of us coming home because the PNR had been split --- had to call to get the new confirmation code for the split-PNR.
Old May 21, 2014, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by dgreen12
The GA split my companion-fare ticket when there was room for one upgrade earlier this month on a SEA-SJC segment.

We're both MVP.

Couldn't use OLCI for the two of us coming home because the PNR had been split --- had to call to get the new confirmation code for the split-PNR.
Once in a while this happens. Can use the original ticket # to usually find the new PNR.
Old May 21, 2014, 9:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by dgreen12

We're both MVP.

Odd, I thought that both passengers on the companion fare had to be in the same cabin and that it couldn't be split...is this something that can only be done at the gate or over the phone in-advance?
Old May 21, 2014, 11:18 pm

Originally Posted by PDXPremier
Odd, I thought that both passengers on the companion fare had to be in the same cabin and that it couldn't be split...is this something that can only be done at the gate or over the phone in-advance?
This is at the gate only- at the GA's discretion. I've been skipped over for upgrades much more often- its rare to find one who splits the PNR.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.