Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Using the AS BoardRoom in SFO between connection going to Intl Terminal

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG

Quick question for anyone more familiar with SFO layout than me!

Are the domestic terminals all interconnected landside? I am arriving in on a domestic flight - probably UA, possibly DL, and have a long 6 hour sit before my UA Intl segment.

I believe the SFO BR is at the B Concourse. Can one walk through airside to Intl Terminal (via T2 and T3 and the connector walkway)? Is AirTrain landside only? I don't have any UA lounge benefits but do have BR membership, and would hang probably out at the AS BR if there's a way to stay airside.

I know DL has a landside club but if I can only use it if I come in on DL I think.

Thanks!
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:39 pm

Programs: UA 1K/MM, AA GLD
Originally Posted by SamuelS
Quick question for anyone more familiar with SFO layout than me!

Are the domestic terminals all interconnected landside? I am arriving in on a domestic flight - probably UA, possibly DL, and have a long 6 hour sit before my UA Intl segment.

I believe the SFO BR is at the B Concourse. Can one walk through airside to Intl Terminal (via T2 and T3 and the connector walkway)? Is AirTrain landside only? I don't have any UA lounge benefits but do have BR membership, and would hang probably out at the AS BR if there's a way to stay airside.

I know DL has a landside club but if I can only use it if I come in on DL I think.

Thanks!
The terminals at SFO are not all interconnected airside. Terminal 3 and International Terminal Concourse G are, and there's a shuttle bus that connects airside to the concourse in Terminal 1 that the Board Room is located in (at least for a little while longer - not sure when the shuttle bus stops, and also assuming your flight is before the SFO BR closes). So you can potentially get there airside if you arrive on UA. Just pick a gate with a UA Express flight out from Terminal 1 and if the people guarding the line for the shuttle bus ask where you're going, tell them that one. If you arrive on DL, there's no way to get there airside.
Many people have said that given a boarding pass departing SFO, you can go through security into any of the concourses, but I haven't tried it myself.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:42 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

SFO also has a cool mini museum (aviation theme) right next to the Int'l terminal. I found it by chance this month. It's currently featuring a display on Zeppelins
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:11 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS, DL, UA, Hyatt, SPG
Thanks for the replies/heads up!

I did hear that about SFO as well (any same day BP can get into any terminal)... Didn't know about the airside shuttle bus so thanks for the notes on that as well!
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:38 pm

Programs: AA, AS, TZ, UA, Clipper, EZ-Link, Hop, Navigo, Octopus, Oyster
Agree that you can access any terminal with a same day boarding pass at SFO.
With your BR membership card, the AS ticket counter in Terminal 1 can also give you a pass to get through the Terminal 1 security checkpoint.
But if you are arriving on UA in Terminal 3, the shuttle bus is the easiest way to go. Just look like you know where you're going; that way the folks manning the entrance to the buses won't give you any trouble.
If you are departing on UA as well, take the same shuttle bus from Terminal 1 back to the international terminal.
If you are departing on DL, you'll need to reclear security at the DL side of the international terminal.
Old Apr 28, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: AA (PPro/3MM/Admirals Club), AS, UA, Marriott (Gold), HHonors (Gold), Accor (Plat)
Originally Posted by dieselbear
Agree that you can access any terminal with a same day boarding pass at SFO.
With your BR membership card, the AS ticket counter in Terminal 1 can also give you a pass to get through the Terminal 1 security checkpoint.
But if you are arriving on UA in Terminal 3, the shuttle bus is the easiest way to go. Just look like you know where you're going; that way the folks manning the entrance to the buses won't give you any trouble.
If you are departing on UA as well, take the same shuttle bus from Terminal 1 back to the international terminal.
If you are departing on DL, you'll need to reclear security at the DL side of the international terminal.
You said you might arrive into SFO on DL. I think if you did that you could use the DL SkyClub which is outside security in terminal 1. Shuttle to the UA Express gates in T1 (look for gate numbers between 24 and 39) would be the easiest if you arrive on UA instead. The SFO Boardroom is open until 9 pm most days. Nice people. Will miss it when it closes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.