Wiki Posts
Search

Mileage Plan Survey

Search this Thread

Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold, AA Platinum, AMEX/Platinum
Mileage Plan Survey

Received an Alaska Airlines mileage plan survey link by email. Looks as if they are exploring changes to the plan that would make it a spending (on all airline and partner fares and fees) based point system rather than miles based. Broader and more flexible award options were discussed in the survey including getting tickets or upgrades or status at any time by spending more points.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 11:14 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Marriott Titanium, UA Silver
I don't like this, but I can't say I'm surprised that they're exploring this idea.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:03 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
I dont like it either but like I said before. Heck Alaska based flyers will probably get status quicker than before given the ridiculous fares
Old Apr 13, 2014, 12:09 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, HHonors Silver, Marriott Titanium (Lifetime Platinum), UA Silver, OW Emerald
Received it, filled it out with my negative comments, and also followed up with an "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" message through the feedback spot on alaskaairlines.com.

If I wanted a Delta-style mileage program, I'd still be crediting everything over there. I think Alaska needs to be very careful with this one....

Dave
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:06 pm

Programs: AS MVPG
I might be in the minority in that I don't mind WN's system where redemptions are tied to ticket price. I make a lot of short-hop trips between the PNW and NoCal and the relatively low ticket prices never make it a good redemption value. I can save up for the high-value J trip to Europe, but it will be years before my family and work situation make that a realistic vacation choice...so my miles just pile up. I'd rather be able to make redemptions on those shorter trips at a ratio that is reasonable (or equal to any other redemption).
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:25 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
I got the survey also and said the same thing as everyone else. Right now AS has the best program going, tinkering with it while in a dogfight with DL is probably not the best thing to do.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 2:28 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
I got it too, but didn't finish. Thanks for the reminder!
Old Apr 13, 2014, 4:14 pm

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Filling it right now.

As someone who doesn't buy a lot of if any heavily discounted fares a change like that wouldn't hurt me.

What did y'all put for the one change you would like to see in the program?
Old Apr 13, 2014, 5:49 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
Hmmm. No survey for me... then again I just sat thru a rolling 4 hour delay & a BR concierge that wouldnt want to come tell us (or make an announcement) as to WHEN we would actually board the flight.... id be giving them some thumbs down for how it was handled.
Old Apr 13, 2014, 6:53 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by UAPremierExec
Hmmm. No survey for me... then again I just sat thru a rolling 4 hour delay & a BR concierge that wouldnt want to come tell us (or make an announcement) as to WHEN we would actually board the flight.... id be giving them some thumbs down for how it was handled.
DL Skyclubs are much better at alerting members to IRROPS, cancellations, and at attempting to rebook their members in the event of both situations on DL flights. AS boardrooms dont even come close in that regard. In any event it doesnt sound like the survey is in regards to asking about your recent travel experience or boardroom experiences. No survey for me either. Is this a survey from Ipsos? or whatever its called

Last edited by ANC; Apr 13, 2014 at 6:59 pm
Old Apr 13, 2014, 9:27 pm

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Originally Posted by ANC
Is this a survey from Ipsos?
Yes
Old Apr 13, 2014, 10:53 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by ANC
DL Skyclubs are much better at alerting members to IRROPS, cancellations, and at attempting to rebook their members in the event of both situations on DL flights. AS boardrooms dont even come close in that regard. In any event it doesnt sound like the survey is in regards to asking about your recent travel experience or boardroom experiences. No survey for me either. Is this a survey from Ipsos? or whatever its called
Due to employment classification, AS BR Concierges can't even change tickets...
Old Apr 14, 2014, 12:45 pm
ANC

Originally Posted by beckoa
Due to employment classification, AS BR Concierges can't even change tickets...
good grief
Old Apr 14, 2014, 2:19 pm

Programs: Alaska Tanzanite 100K
No changes? Ok - for a different thread -- but man, how times have changed.

(on a side note, I approached a different concierge who was MORE than happy to announce when we were actually boarding and said she'd call the gate just to verify).
Old Apr 14, 2014, 10:30 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I got about 10 minutes into mine on my iPad and got stuck at the section where you drag the gray boxes into the appropriate columns. It won't work on an iPad. I decided not to start all over again on my PC so deleted it.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.