N318AS (-900)
N319AS (-900)
N320AS (-900)
Print Wikipost

AS flight with at seat power-thoughts

Search this Thread

Old Apr 28, 2014, 4:47 pm

Originally Posted by makfan
I am on N584AS for the final segment of this trip. It is a fairly new -800 aircraft
Not all that new, 24th delivered of 61.

Originally Posted by austin_res
I flew AUS-SEA nonstop on Alaska last Friday, in First on the 737-900. The airplane did not have winglets, so probably not a -900ER.
That would of been N302AS, the only non winglet -900 with the power port upgrade.
Old May 1, 2014, 7:55 pm
Suspended

Basically the leg room is getting screwed up to accommodate in seat power which is being put in place so they can avoid having to put in IFE. They'd have a lot of pissed off passengers if they were streaming entertainment but all of their iPads were dead. Sadly, they're damaging the regular in flight experience to do this.

The people responsible for this are really clueless.
Old May 3, 2014, 7:10 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Finally had my first "powered" flight last night (ac #597). We took a 30 minute delay because the power ports in row 8 were hissing. The captain, rightfully so, said "I'm not taking electrical problems airborne." They eventually just shut the whole system down on the right side of the plane.

Anyway, the seats are nice in F. It seemed a little tighter than the 900ERs but I might be imagining things. One thing people have neglected to mention: there is an extra raft is stored above row 3/4 AC. No storage in that bin so F is now down a full bin. Hopefully AS can get a second ceiling compartment for the raft.

If you want a real shock, take a look at the wall above row 6. There's a clip on the wall about even with the air vents and lights. That clip is where the old cabin divider used to be--a good six or seven inches away from where row 4 ends now.

I'll post photos of the under seat storage later tonight.
Old May 4, 2014, 10:46 am

Programs: AS MVP, Elevate, AAdvantage, Mileage Plus
Originally Posted by tusphotog

If you want a real shock, take a look at the wall above row 6. There's a clip on the wall about even with the air vents and lights. That clip is where the old cabin divider used to be--a good six or seven inches away from where row 4 ends now.

I'll post photos of the under seat storage later tonight.
They removed F closet space on the -800s when they did the reconfiguration. As a result, the first row in F is shifted forward about 18-19 inches from where it used to be, and the rows behind it will be shifted forward as well.
Old May 6, 2014, 10:54 am

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
First flight on this configuration as we speak. I don't have the tail number but it is flight 30 PDX-Bos. I hate it. I'm in 4D and there is less room between rows. The seat support is now dead center in front of you eliminating any under seat storage (not that much existed in aisle rows in F before). The boxes are in each window seat making under seat storage in a/f impossible. The life raft means that F passengers had to gate check bags (no Y pax put anything up here either). So now I can't take my time boarding and now have to be one of those d-bags that stands in the F lane 30 minutes prior to boarding to ensure I get overhead space. I can't even SEE the power outlet due to the fact that the rows are now so much closer and I can't get my head down to see anything. Major, major fail AS
Old May 6, 2014, 2:46 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 75K, AA Plat
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by mh3c
First flight on this configuration as we speak. I don't have the tail number but it is flight 30 PDX-Bos. I hate it. I'm in 4D and there is less room between rows. The seat support is now dead center in front of you eliminating any under seat storage (not that much existed in aisle rows in F before). The boxes are in each window seat making under seat storage in a/f impossible. The life raft means that F passengers had to gate check bags (no Y pax put anything up here either). So now I can't take my time boarding and now have to be one of those d-bags that stands in the F lane 30 minutes prior to boarding to ensure I get overhead space. I can't even SEE the power outlet due to the fact that the rows are now so much closer and I can't get my head down to see anything. Major, major fail AS
^
Old May 6, 2014, 6:53 pm

Programs: AS MVPG, Hyatt Platinum, Hilton Silver, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by mh3c
Update: Tail # N557AS. Had curtain, but took about 20 y Pax to come up front for the FA to go untie the curtain. Still had at least 12 more come up front with no carts in aisle in back. I finally had to stand up and insert myself in the line to stop the parade from the rear. Someone should seriously consider a sign that is sewn on the curtain that says "Forward lavatory is for passengers seated in First Class".
Old May 23, 2014, 9:30 pm

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold

Just boarded N508AS, PDX-SAN...with power, no F/Y divider. FA just told psgr that the reason no divider is "the government shutdown in November." So, seven months later, still waiting? Probably fell through the cracks, right? Sounds like a stink pile to me.
Old May 31, 2014, 11:01 am

Programs: AA ExPlat, AS MVP Gold

Brand new 737-900ER on AS #654 PDX-DFW, N462AS...no power, with curtain divider, new bins, no slimline seats. Pitch in F very tight. If usual luck holds, guy in 1C will go into full recline right after takeoff ;-)

--mcz
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:49 am

For the original 737-900s that were delivered with a mid-cabin lav, are they actually removing that mid-cabin lav when they do the reconfiguration to add the power and new seats? I would think it would be rather expensive to remove the existing mid-cabin lav and install a new lav in the rear of the aircraft.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 5:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
Whatever became of the inflight entertainment system? I have not seen it on any flight (except the Digi-player). Rumors flew of at seat monitors or streaming to personal devices.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:08 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by BOB W
Whatever became of the inflight entertainment system? I have not seen it on any flight (except the Digi-player). Rumors flew of at seat monitors or streaming to personal devices.
It was a further timeline and involved an onboard server.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:02 am

Originally Posted by sltlyamusd
For the original 737-900s that were delivered with a mid-cabin lav, are they actually removing that mid-cabin lav when they do the reconfiguration to add the power and new seats? I would think it would be rather expensive to remove the existing mid-cabin lav and install a new lav in the rear of the aircraft.
Yes the mid-lavs are being removed. I believe a primary reason is to have a consistent cabin configuration with the rest of the fleet.
Originally Posted by BOB W
It will be streaming to personal devices. Supposed to be beginning later this year.
Old Jun 7, 2014, 12:10 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Originally Posted by Putzy
It will be streaming to personal devices. Supposed to be beginning later this year.
So dige's will be going away or will AS rent a tablet device?

The digeplayer is how I watch 95% of my movies... and as a 75K its included.
Old Jun 8, 2014, 4:36 pm

Just had one of the -800s with the new split scimitar winglets and power and no dividers. I was in an A seat and I was really surprised at how big the equipment box under the seat in front of me was.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.