Wiki Posts
Search

Emirates Award seat question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2013, 4:47 pm
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM, Hyatt Diamond, SPG Plat, Hilton Diamond
Emirates Award seat question

I booked an award ticket on emirates but it wouldn't let me select my seat online..I'm assuming I need to get a hold of Emirates to book my seats? Is it possible to get my Emirates conf # from alaska and select seats online? I'm asking because I'm out of the country for a little while and would rather not use the phone if I don't have to.
Thanks.

Edit: disregard, my conf email came after I posted this with the Emirates booking number attached.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:00 pm

Programs: VS Gold
Hi

Do you remember how long it took for you to get the conf with the EK# ? Was it minutes or hours?

Were you then able to immediately assign your seat on emirates.com?

Thanks (and how was your flight?)
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:07 pm

Programs: HH G, MR/SPG G, IHG Plat, Club Carlson G, National Exec
Originally Posted by maxmin
Hi

Do you remember how long it took for you to get the conf with the EK# ? Was it minutes or hours?

Were you then able to immediately assign your seat on emirates.com?

Thanks (and how was your flight?)
Minutes in my experience. Usually while still on the phone with the ticketing agent. As soon as you get the EK confirmation code, you'll be able to get seat assignment and reserve chauffeur on EK.com.
Old Sep 12, 2014, 11:45 pm

Thanks!
Do you mean to say that you get a limo even on an award ticket?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 2:12 am

Thanks!
Yep, for departure and arrival. If you have a stop-over at DXB, you also get limo between DXB and your hotel in both direction. Even if you just have a long-ish layover (say 7 hours), you can still get a ride to downtown and back (you might have to call EK to reserve the limo in this case).
Old Sep 13, 2014, 6:41 am
Used to be Sydneysider

Programs: AS MVP/Gold (and 75K aspirant)
Thanks!
In business or first, you do.

Anyone know the gratuity etiquette in Dubai for this?
Old Sep 13, 2014, 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by moler
Yep, for departure and arrival. If you have a stop-over at DXB, you also get limo between DXB and your hotel in both direction. Even if you just have a long-ish layover (say 7 hours), you can still get a ride to downtown and back (you might have to call EK to reserve the limo in this case).
Hi moler

I read in the EK forum that you don't get Dubai Connect on an AS award, but you're saying I can still get the limo for a downtown trip?

I would arrive at 7pm and depart at 2am, so I was thinking a quick shameless tourist dash to Burj Kalifa... last time I was there it was under construction (2008) , the time before just sand (1994!)

So how would that work? Call EK to arrange two separate limo to take me there and then to pick up later?

TBH I'm happy to pay a taxi. It will be Friday night - perhaps busy?

Cheers for any tips.
Old Sep 13, 2014, 11:22 pm

Hi moler

I read in the EK forum that you don't get Dubai Connect on an AS award, but you're saying I can still get the limo for a downtown trip?

I would arrive at 7pm and depart at 2am, so I was thinking a quick shameless tourist dash to Burj Kalifa... last time I was there it was under construction (2008) , the time before just sand (1994!)

So how would that work? Call EK to arrange two separate limo to take me there and then to pick up later?

TBH I'm happy to pay a taxi. It will be Friday night - perhaps busy?

Cheers for any tips.
Yes, call EK to arrange two separate limos. I have an AS ticket with a very similar connection at DXB (although I've managed to secure a 2-day stop-over with another ticket later on, and therefore will probably cancel this one). The AS ticketing agent told me that I'll be able to get EK chauffeur for a quick dash to downtown Dubai. Obviously I cannot book it on EK.com, but when I called EK, an agent told me I can reserve the rides on the phone (and no I cannot get Dubai connect or a day room or anything because the ticket is not on EK stock).

Good luck and I hope you get to see the Burj in style!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.