Search

Alaska crossover partners?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 14, 2013, 11:31 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, SPG Gold, MR Platinum, Hilton Gold
Alaska crossover partners?

Hey folks,

Has anyone heard whether Alaska is planning to offer crossover rewards like Delta and United do?

I emailed them tonight to find out, though I suspect I'll get the standard 'nothing at this time' answer

Wondering if any of my flyertalk friends have heard more...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:27 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
What do you mean by "crossover"?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska MVP Gold, SPG Gold, MR Platinum, Hilton Gold
Crossover rewards. Like delta has with marriott (earn hotel points when flying)
Old Oct 15, 2013, 8:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA/AA/AS/B6/WN/ UA/HH/MR and more like 'em but most felicitously & importantly MUCCI
Oh. Well, I'm familiar with United's "crossover" redemption rates for hotels, etc. and they're outrageous... very poor value. I wouldn't have any interest in an AS program like that.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:22 am

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Lifetime SkyClub, AS MVP
Originally Posted by BearX220
I wouldn't have any interest in an AS program like that.
That's not what the crossover program is ---

• Delta has partnered with Starwood
  • United has partnered with Marriott

Delta elites get special bennies if they stay at Starwood and Starwood elites get special bennies if they fly Delta.

United elites get special bennies if they stay at Marriott and Marriott elites get special bennies if they fly UA.

AS has no crossover program (so far). Personally, I wouldn't expect them to start one.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 4:28 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by dgreen12
That's not what the crossover program is ---

• Delta has partnered with Starwood
  • United has partnered with Marriott

Delta elites get special bennies if they stay at Starwood and Starwood elites get special bennies if they fly Delta.

United elites get special bennies if they stay at Marriott and Marriott elites get special bennies if they fly UA.

AS has no crossover program (so far). Personally, I wouldn't expect them to start one.
they had some deal with National car where MVPG received Executive status with National. Im not sure it lasted more than a year
Old Oct 15, 2013, 9:45 pm

Programs: Alaska Gold 100k
I have traveled a lot on DL of late, enough to cover 30 time zone hours in the last month. They are really pushing the Starwood program on their seat back TVs, magazine and a push by the flight attendants. Seems Hilton is left out of the DL and UA marriages, maybe AS can partner with them.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:32 pm
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Platinum Pro, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Exploralist, Marriot Silver
Originally Posted by Waitlisted
I have traveled a lot on DL of late, enough to cover 30 time zone hours in the last month. They are really pushing the Starwood program on their seat back TVs, magazine and a push by the flight attendants. Seems Hilton is left out of the DL and UA marriages, maybe AS can partner with them.
I suspect AA would beat AS to Hilton based purely on preexisting relationship (credit cards both run by Citi, existing promos like the 25k miles + Hilton Gold, etc.).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.