Print Wikipost

New "Employee Powered" Livery

Search this Thread

Old Oct 6, 2013, 4:57 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Originally Posted by slopeboy40
My vote would be 'bleh'.
Really? I like the subtle update. The blue/green faded stripe looks good around the fuselage and the engine cowls.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:06 pm

Programs: AS Million Miler since 2011, Lifetime MVPG
Originally Posted by jsguyrus
Really? I like the subtle update. The blue/green faded stripe looks good around the fuselage and the engine cowls.
If the Alaska script were done in the same fade rather than the solid, it wuold mesh better. But IMHO I think current stripe to and from the Alaska ties it all together cleanly. The swoop, I fear, is not going to be too hip for too long. Of course nothing compares to the Starliner
Old Oct 6, 2013, 6:21 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Originally Posted by slopeboy40
Originally Posted by Kaphias
Agree 100%. However, lets just say that AS was looking into a new livery... what is shown in the pictures here, minus the "employee" text, may be an option they are looking at. By introducing it a special livery, they are able to get it out in public, hear feedback, and proceed from there. If the base (what we see now) of this livery doesn't go down to well, then they write it off as a special, one off livery and move on. If it's well received... then I think we may be looking at the new standard livery for AS.
My vote would be 'bleh'.
Agreed.
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:23 pm

Although I think you will see a change to the way the planes look sometime in the not too distant future, my impression is that it wasn't going to be this subtle. I do know that there is going to be an airplane decorated with the signatures of all of our employees. Don't know if this is it.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by AS Flyer
Although I think you will see a change to the way the planes look sometime in the not too distant future, my impression is that it wasn't going to be this subtle. I do know that there is going to be an airplane decorated with the signatures of all of our employees. Don't know if this is it.
Looking forward to that one.

Loving this new paint scheme too. It's plain, but I still like it.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 8:25 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's BB: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

Sounds like a fun concept to have.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 2:30 pm

However, lets just say that AS was looking into a new livery...
That's not hypothetical; a refreshed brand is happening. It's not this plane, but it's definitely happening.
Old Oct 7, 2013, 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by Snowdevil
However, lets just say that AS was looking into a new livery...
That's not hypothetical; a refreshed brand is happening. It's not this plane, but it's definitely happening.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 7:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
The special livery has been revealed:

Originally Posted by Alaska Airlines Facebook Page
We just unveiled our "Employee Powered" plane dedicated to our 10,000+ colleagues. Video of the big reveal:
Old Oct 9, 2013, 2:20 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
The special livery has been revealed:
That would be a fun a/c to board in KOA
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Saw it recently in Seattle--I though it looked pretty interesting..

Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
Saw it recently in Seattle--I though it looked pretty interesting..

That's a weird looking photo

Thanks for posting though ^
Old Oct 22, 2013, 9:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Amex Gold/Plat, UA *G, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Gold, NEXUS, TSA Disparager Unobtanium
Originally Posted by beckoa
That's a weird looking photo
It was edited for Instagram (where it was originally posted)

Originally Posted by beckoa
Thanks for posting though ^
yep
Old Oct 22, 2013, 10:58 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by FriendlySkies
It was edited for Instagram (where it was originally posted)
It's not the real plane. It's a model shot in miniature.
Old Oct 22, 2013, 11:20 pm

Originally Posted by jackal
It's not the real plane. It's a model shot in miniature.
That's what I don't get. Its like those darned GCI commercials

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.