Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska reward from SEA for 3, need help

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2013, 5:47 pm
Original Poster

Alaska reward from SEA for 3, need help

thinking of getting Alaska Credit card to get 25,000 points and companion pass for family of 3 trip in 2014 spring break or summer in US, I just check few cities looks like most 12.5K points is for Delta or mix AA/Alaska, then I can't use my companion pass to go with pay ticket, just wondering can anyone give me some suggestions, which city will be easy to get reward space?

Thanks!

Last edited by ecgz88; Aug 24, 2013 at 12:42 am
Old Aug 23, 2013, 8:25 am

Originally Posted by ecgz88
I just check few cities looks like most 12.5K points is for Delta or mix AA/Alaska, then I can't use my companion pass,
You cannot use your companion pass with reward tickets.

If you have a family of 3 and want to maximize the redemption, book two tickets cash (using the companion pass) and the 3rd ticket using points. This way, your family of 3 basically only pays for one ticket.
Old Aug 23, 2013, 12:02 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Originally Posted by todd-r
You cannot use your companion pass with reward tickets.
I think the poster's concern is also that they can't use a companion pass on a flight that mixes AA or DL, which is what he/she is finding for low level awards.

just wondering can anyone give me some suggestions, which city will be easy to get reward space?
It would help to know where you're starting, and where you want to go
Old Aug 24, 2013, 12:41 am
Original Poster

Thanks! yes that's what I mean try to find 1 pay cash+ 1 companion pass+ 1 reward ticket, but all the lowest reward ticket I found was mixes AA or DL

I will leave seattle/Bellingham, and try to go to somewhere in US East (New York/DC/Florida....) or Texas which normally tickets will be more expensive

Originally Posted by missydarlin
I think the poster's concern is also that they can't use a companion pass on a flight that mixes AA or DL, which is what he/she is finding for low level awards.

It would help to know where you're starting, and where you want to go
Old Aug 24, 2013, 1:48 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Thanks! yes that's what I mean try to find 1 pay cash+ 1 companion pass+ 1 reward ticket, but all the lowest reward ticket I found was mixes AA or DL

I will leave seattle/Bellingham, and try to go to somewhere in US East (New York/DC/Florida....) or Texas which normally tickets will be more expensive
Be sure to watch travel as prices can be 'reasonable' at times, especially booking this far out. I'd save my miles for more 'expensive' trips, including last minute domestic travel and foreign adventures. But these midcons and transcons can still get quite spendy. And if trying to go out East- some other places that have good value to watch are STL and MCI. (Good BBQ )
Old Aug 24, 2013, 2:45 am

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
Keep looking for sales. For example, Delta just had a surprise sale on its nonstop SEA-JFK flights for $185 roundtrip. Similar deals pop up for other cities; Dallas and Houston often go for $200 roundtrip, Nashville goes for $250 roundtrip. Bellingham and Vancouver will occasionally have some good deals, but those will usually require multiple connections. It will generally be more expensive to fly during spring break and summer, though deals can be found. Have possible dates and a budget in mind and be ready to purchase tickets as soon as you see availability at a price which is acceptable for you.

Note also that super saver award travel does not always coincide with which flights are the cheapest. Availability on the AS transcons can be very tight and making a connection can often be cheaper as flyers will often pay a premium for a nonstop flight.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.