Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does U Space Ever show up SEA-EWR?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 31, 2013, 1:08 am

Programs: AS 75K
GS (Global Services) is UA's high revenue/high impact customer tier which are beyond their normal earnable elite tiers. There are many of them in the bay area.

I vaguely recall reading that $30k+/year is where non-impact customers start getting invited. UA's forum would have more if you are interested.
Old Jul 31, 2013, 7:03 am
Ambassador: Alaska Airlines

Originally Posted by LwoodY2K
I vaguely recall reading that $30k+/year is where non-impact customers start getting invited. UA's forum would have more if you are interested.
$30K was the total spend required for Presidental Platinum on the sCO side and during the merger they matched those customers to GS.

However, the rough jackpot figure is $50K on full-fare tickets plus over 100K BIS flying in a calendar year. Keep in mind, that is the rough estimate, even if you meet those two criterias, you still may not get invited.
Old Aug 1, 2013, 9:59 pm

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Originally Posted by MonThruThurs
I have noticed that many times the cabin is full of awards or full fare F tickets. Why anyone would pay for AS F is beyond me.
You pay for it if you're traveling on business last minute and full-fare Y is not even $100 less for a middle seat.

I fly EWR regularly to/from SEA. U space is rare most days, except in the dead of winter. (And more often available Saturdays and Tuesdays year-round.)
Old Aug 2, 2013, 4:56 pm
Original Member

Programs: United Premier 1K, American AAdvantage Gold
Very rare. Between Cruise fares, and corporate contract deals, which permit upgrade, there just aren't the seats. 24 a day, in each direction. Award redemption also soaks up inventory. By the way, AS is generally more expensive. High mile fliers may find United a bit more accommodating. They make a fair number of seats available for a combination of cash and miles, in addition to upgrades. A few weeks ago I did a RT SEA-EWR for $500 and 20K each way. With bonuses, I got almost 10K of the mileage back.
Old Aug 26, 2013, 9:37 am

Programs: Lifetime AS 1MM & MVPG, AS MVPG100K, AA, DL, HH-G
I've been upgraded less than 50% SEA-EWR but did just get U for EWR-SEA in Aug. 27.^^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.