Wiki Posts
Search

Only 1 mileage seat on every flight?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP; CO OnePass; Hilton Platinum
Only 1 mileage seat on every flight?

I'm trying to book 2 seats on an ANC-GUM itinerary and the system comes up with nothing when I try but plenty of options when I drop it down to 1 traveler. I've checked every day for a 2-4 month period and get the same thing. I'm going to call later but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone.
I use miles every year (but first time for this itinerar) and this has never happened.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 4:45 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by ilee1990
I'm trying to book 2 seats on an ANC-GUM itinerary and the system comes up with nothing when I try but plenty of options when I drop it down to 1 traveler. I've checked every day for a 2-4 month period and get the same thing. I'm going to call later but I was wondering if this has happened to anyone.
I use miles every year (but first time for this itinerar) and this has never happened.
How are you using AS miles to GUM? ANC-SEA-NRT-GUM on DL? AS doesn't fly to GUM.

DL is not particularly generous with the award inventory, and AS is using their inventory. Your beef may be with DL.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:22 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Alaska Airlines MVP; CO OnePass; Hilton Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
How are you using AS miles to GUM? ANC-SEA-NRT-GUM on DL? AS doesn't fly to GUM.

DL is not particularly generous with the award inventory, and AS is using their inventory. Your beef may be with DL.
That is one of several routes and yes a combo with Delta. I don't have a beef, just trying to find out what others have experienced with award availability. I will call the partner desk and see what they can find. This is my first time using miles to get to the Pacific. I normally use them for the Caribbean or to get to Houston or Miami on the way there.

One seat seems so little, though.
Old Jul 13, 2013, 5:29 pm
Moderator Communications Coordinator, Signatures

Programs: TubWorld, Bar Alliance, Borratxo Legendarium
Try looking for space out of Deltas west coast gateway cities first. If you can find that space for 2, then see what you can match up from ANC to the Gateway using Multi city
Old Jul 13, 2013, 9:08 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Ive often found award inventory to Bubble Gum aka Guam for 2

on a side note I think the longest flight Ive ever been on was GUM-FAI on a C130

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.