Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Earn miles on AA (not codeshare)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:19 pm
Original Poster

Earn miles on AA (not codeshare)

I have a flight on American (not a codeshare, booked as American via a travel agent). It was booked by someone else on my behalf. Will I be able to get Alaska miles on this flight? If so, I presume I just have to talk to an agent at the airport to get my mileage number added?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:58 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by Cardboard55
I have a flight on American (not a codeshare, booked as American via a travel agent). It was booked by someone else on my behalf. Will I be able to get Alaska miles on this flight? If so, I presume I just have to talk to an agent at the airport to get my mileage number added?
Yes, you can have the ticket changed to have your AS number instead of your AA number for mileage accrual. You can even do this in advance. Just call up AA with the record locator and state that you want it to credit to your AS account instead and give them your AS account information.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 9:57 pm

You don't even need to call. You can do this easily on AA.com. Go to my trips, enter your record locator, scroll down to add/edit passenger information and select the Alaska Airlines milage plan and enter your number.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.