Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Board Room Updates April 2013

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
"Exciting Updates to the Board Room" email - PDX renovation?

I just received a generic email from AS with the above title and a link to the BR locations page. The only change I could pick up on is an upcoming short-term closure of the PDX BR for remodeling from 22 April to 6 May.

http://www.alaskaair.com/content/gif..._rid=1-7EWA4VG
Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:15 am

Programs: HH D, AS MM/MVPG for life/AL, Awesome Wipes VIP Club, NEXUS, Hertz 5-Star Gold
Board Room Updates April 2013

From AS email received this morning:

The Portland Board Room will be closed for remodeling from April 22nd - May 5th, 2013. The room will reopen Monday May 6, 2013. Thanks for your patience while we give the room a beautiful new look.

Special Events and Updates
Anchorage Board Room
Thursday, April 18, 2013

Please join us for a special event in the Anchorage Board Room from 12 p.m. - 4 p.m. as we kick off summer in Alaska and welcome our newest neighbor on the C concourse, Silver Gulch.

Glenn Brady, Silver Gulch co-founder from Fairbanks, will be serving a variety of complimentary, unique Alaskan beers and gourmet pizzas for your enjoyment.

If you are unable to join us on the 18th, we will have special coupons/offers available to our members so that you can sample Silver Gulch on your next visit. Interested in learning more about Silver Gulch Bottling and Brewing company before the event? Check out their website at http://www.silvergulch.com/.

We are thrilled to announce our newest partner lounges. On March 1, we announced access to the United Club in Phoenix, and soon, The Club at LAS* in Las Vegas will join our Board Room partner portfolio. Keep an eye out on alaskaair.com for the start date.

Be sure to visit them the next time you're traveling through Phoenix or Las Vegas, but don't forget your membership card. You must present your card each time you wish to access a partner room in order to verify membership status.

Last edited by dave1013; Mar 28, 2013 at 7:17 am Reason: Additional info
Old Mar 28, 2013, 7:25 am
Original Poster

Programs: DL Plat, AS MVPG, Bonvoy Plat/LT Gold, HH Diamond
Of course I failed to scroll all the way down in the email before hitting the link (time for more coffee). Went back to read the full message and saw PDX will substitute access to the Delta Sky Club during the renovation.

Also notes that SEA and ANC locations will be "having a little work done" but no dates given yet.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 10:09 am

Programs: DL Diamond, Marriott LT Plat, HH Diamond, Avis Preferred Plus, National Executive
Good news on PDX. In need of a renovation for some time.

SFO needs a renovation and SJC needs a lounge ASAP. One can wish!
Old Mar 28, 2013, 2:44 pm

Programs: AS MVP Gold 100K
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 6_1_3 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10B329 Safari/8536.25)

Hopefully these renovations include some new furniture. What's in there now is starting to look a little bit weathered.
Old Mar 28, 2013, 8:04 pm

Programs: AS 75k, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Marriott Plat, ect.
PDX for sure is getting new furniture. They have a mock up board with fabric swatches near the entrance. They are changing the layout a bit as well, should open up some more seating options.

I'm also excited about the new option in LAS. Since the move to T3 there really hasn't been a good place to hang out when needed.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 12:28 pm

Programs: WN CP/A-List, AS MVPG75K
Does anyone know if you can bring a guest in the UC in PHX? A coworker tried to bring one in and was told AS members can't bring guests in.

Originally Posted by Chugach
Hopefully these renovations include some new furniture. What's in there now is starting to look a little bit weathered.
SEA should be getting new furniture as well. I saw a mockup back in February...looked similar to PDX.

PDX really needs this refresh. It's been the same since I started using the BR in 1998. As jammed full of furniture as LAX is, I like the feel of that BR a lot.

Originally Posted by Quattro
I'm also excited about the new option in LAS. Since the move to T3 there really hasn't been a good place to hang out when needed.
+1. I still clear security at the D gates and if I have time, I usually hang out where AS used to park. Nobody is down there now, except for the odd Allegiant flight or two.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 4:04 pm

Programs: AS MVPG75k
Originally Posted by tusphotog
PDX really needs this refresh. It's been the same since I started using the BR in 1998. As jammed full of furniture as LAX is, I like the feel of that BR a lot.
I'll be happy to see the work areas replaced in PDX. The cubicles with cords running underfoot as well as across the corridor were annoying.

LAX BR doesn't do it for me and could use a rethink. The old layout had more privacy, the current one is more like a waiting room. I can't think of any real advantages other than it's not in T3.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 7:36 pm

Programs: DL Plat
Smile Review of The Club at LAS [soon available to BR members]

Originally Posted by dave1013
From AS email received this morning:

... and soon, The Club at LAS* in Las Vegas will join our Board Room partner portfolio. Keep an eye out on alaskaair.com for the start date. ....
Several weeks ago I made my annual pilgramage to Vegas, flying AS (of course), now in its new concourse at LAS - so convenient to reach from the curb to ticketing to the gate. I made a visit to The Club at LAS using my Priority Pass.

I took plenty of notes but no pics (I didn't feel comfortable) - so here's a report - note especially the real food !

SPACE:

It's pretty good size and all on one level, consisting of:
- a main lounge room with a flat screen TV, seating 27 at cocktail tables for 3 to 6 persons
- a quiet room deepest in the lounge seating 20 at similar tables
- a laptop "bar table" with 20 charging stations with stools for seats
- a standard beverage service bar with seating for about 8 on stools
- an enclosed, glassed in "work room" with "desk type" table space and seating for about 8 (bring your own laptops / tablets / etc)
- a childrens' room (mostly glassed in but I don't think it had an actual closing door), with seating for 12 plus a kiddie table, TV, and books.

FOOD AND BEVERAGES:

- a choice of 5 different sandwiches available from the bar, all complimentary, all full-size (and I think unlimited quantity as no voucher or similar was needed):
Roast beef and Cheddar - I had this and it was excellent
Turkey and provolone
Ham and Swiss
Tuna
Egg Salad

- other complimentary food items available at a self-service buffet:
2 Soups (both excellent), served with bread rolls
Tillamook cheese prepackaged Cheddar and Monterrey Jack
Hummus and crackers
Vegetable crudites
Miss Vicky Sea Salt, Vinegar chips
Cape Cod Kettle chips
Stacy's Pita chips, several varieties including Naked and Parmesan Garlic
Fritos
Bananas, Apples, Oranges
Walkers White Chocolate and Raspberry Cookies, Shortbread Cookies
Coffee and a selection of teas

- Beverages available from bar, all complimentary:
- Many Liquors, Mixed Cocktails, Wine and Beers (sorry I didn't have any beer so I can't provide any brands)

OTHER CLUB FACILITIES AND SERVICES:

- Men's Restroom, including shower (shower was private in its own small room, but simple and basic)
- Women's Restroom - I assume it had its own shower as well
- WiFi: Free and fast (at least it seemed that way to me on my iPad Mini)

- Opposite Gate E2, thus at the opposite end of the concourse from AS (Gate E15), but there are many moving sidewalks along the way to speed your walk; it took me about 6 minutes from The Club to the AS gate for my SEA flight.

OTHER COMMENTS:

- The Club serves BA and Virgin Atlantic flights to LHR, so it was crowded from my arrival at about 1830 until the BA flight was announced - within 5 minutes I was the only person left. Still everyone seemed to find a proper seat - no one standing or sitting on the floor that I noticed. I must commend the staff's performance who sprang into action immediately after the crowd departed, as all of them, including bartenders, wait staff, kitchen staff rushed into the seating area to clean it thoroughly.

- My AS flight (last flight of the day to SEA) departed 25 minutes early and arrived SEA 35 minutes before scheduled arrival.

I hope you enjoyed my report !
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:07 pm

Programs: AA EXP (2.5MM), Hilton Gold, Marriott Titanium
Looks like "The Club at LAS" isn't too bad. But I'm not sure I can convince my 3 companions to pony up the USD $27 as each companion under Priority Pass Selet membership in to that lounge. Seems OK, and probably worth free admittance, but not sure its worth $27 USD/guest/person for entrance.
Old Mar 29, 2013, 8:33 pm

Programs: AS100K, AS Lounge+, Marriott Plat, SBUXG, GE, Costco Exec, Amazon Prime, Nat Parks Yearly Pass
Awesome! Thanks for the review.

Anyone know if AS Boardroom members will be able to bring in 2 guests?
Old Mar 29, 2013, 11:29 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
Originally Posted by mikelat
Looks like "The Club at LAS" isn't too bad. But I'm not sure I can convince my 3 companions to pony up the USD $27 as each companion under Priority Pass Selet membership in to that lounge. Seems OK, and probably worth free admittance, but not sure its worth $27 USD/guest/person for entrance.
Sounds like a better use of $27 than an airline-operated club to me!
Old Apr 17, 2013, 4:53 pm

Photo of the new layout at PDX from the AS Facebook page this afternoon:

Fullsize image

Our Portland Board Room will be closed from April 22nd to May 5th while it undergoes an extensive remodel. While the room won’t grow in size, the existing space will be remodeled to better use space and add more seating and work space options for business travelers. Learn more: http://bit.ly/17HmPfH.

Later this year, our Anchorage and Seattle Board Rooms will also receive updates to their furnishings. This is just one of the ways we're looking to improve your Alaska Airlines experience.
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
What's the room across from the check-in counter?
Old Apr 17, 2013, 5:33 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I'm glad to hear this. I used the ANC BR last year and was somewhat disappointed with the older, tired furniture and lack of outlets. An agent tried to help me find a working one after several of the floor ones we tried did not work.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.