Wiki Posts
Search

Future on AS, DL, and AA partnership?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21, 2013, 3:37 pm
Original Poster

Programs: MVP Gold, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold
Future on AS, DL, and AA partnership?

The recent additions to Delta's summer schedule have been very interesting, especially SEA-ANC. Any thoughts on Alaskas response? Other low prices (finally), do you think Alaska will adjust their relationships with DL? Perhaps they will get closer to AA?
Old Feb 21, 2013, 6:31 pm

Programs: Alaska MVPG, Delta PM, AA EXP, Wannabe SkyWest 1K
and DL's adding SEA-LAS

clearly something's up, not sure if Tilden did something to upset DL, but I don't use the DL partnership much anyway
Old Feb 21, 2013, 7:07 pm

Programs: AS MVP, Club 49, Global Entry, National Emerald Club, Hilton Silver
my take: DL is going to drive down AS stock price so they can do hostile takeover
Old Feb 21, 2013, 9:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
Originally Posted by PotomacApproach
and DL's adding SEA-LAS

clearly something's up, not sure if Tilden did something to upset DL, but I don't use the DL partnership much anyway
It's pretty obvious the flights are meant to hook into the new HND-SEA flight. The timings are very crappy for Seattle-based O/D.

Woot! Cheap flight to LAS that I can probably score EQM and maybe an upgrade on! Complete with PDB!
Old Feb 21, 2013, 11:12 pm

Programs: SPG Platinum
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
It's pretty obvious the flights are meant to hook into the new HND-SEA flight. The timings are very crappy for Seattle-based O/D.
D
I haven't looked into how well flight times fit in but with DL adding PVG and HND, up-gauging NRT to 744, and maintaining KIX, I don't blame DL wanting to feed in more traffic.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:32 am

Programs: AS MVPG & Board Room, Marriott Silver, Global Entry
How many of these are just seasonal services? IIRC NW had 2-3 services to ANC while codesharing with AS.

I saw the LAX-SEA announcement, but haven't seen SEA-ANC or SEA-LAS. Is the latter mainline or Connection?
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:07 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend, Moderator, Information Desk, Ambassador, Alaska Airlines
Hilton Contributor BadgeIHG Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold100K, AS 1MM, Maika`i Card, AGR, HH Gold, Hertz PC, Marriott Titanium LTG, CO, 7H, BA, 8E
Wirelessly posted (beckoa's PWP wondrousdevice3.0: Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9810; en-US) AppleWebKit/534.11+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/7.1.0.694 Mobile Safari/534.11+)

mainline and will be added shortly (not fully loaded in GDS it sounds like)
Old Feb 22, 2013, 8:21 am

Programs: No status anywhere :(
Originally Posted by AKLifetimeFlyer
my take: DL is going to drive down AS stock price so they can do hostile takeover
I'm sure ALK is already plunging on news of DL adding SEALAS. No? ALK is up to over $50 now? Oops, I guess that strategy backfired.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 1:51 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
sounds like AS shouldve operated ANC-MSP at least seasonal if DL was able to justify adding a 4th route and a 767 at that.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 6:58 pm

Programs: WN A-List Preferred, AS, DL Kryptonium
I'm thinking that the DL-operated ANC-SLC is the replacement for the recently cancelled ANC-SLC. As for the other flights, they may allow AS to redeploy the aircraft on other routes. The addition of a late LAX-SEA makes connections from the East Coast through LAX more possible. Knowing that there are late flights out of both LAS and LAX which arrive in SEA before 1am is very beneficial during IROPS.

Much like was done with SEA-DFW and AA, we can hope that AS will codeshare on the new DL flights to/from SEA and maybe LAX-BOS.
Old Feb 22, 2013, 7:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Jumbo mas
My crystal ball is telling me "wait and see, and when the future arrives, you will know." @:-)
Old Feb 23, 2013, 4:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS, AA, UA, AGR S (former 75K, GLD, 1K, and S+, now an elite peon)
Originally Posted by Eastbay1K
My crystal ball is telling me "wait and see, and when the future arrives, you will know." @:-)
Sounds like you've been eating too much at the Golden Gate Fortune Cookie Factory...
Old Jul 20, 2013, 8:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by jiburi
Manila, London, and Hong Kong, all coming soon. AS will soon have only one US airline partner. Even stronger AS/DL partnership coming soon.
Sure hope it never happens. If you exclude the very low probability of an upgrade AA gives much better benefits
Old Jul 21, 2013, 12:25 pm

If Delta adds London and Hong Kong as rumored. I can see Alaska removing the Cathay codeshare from Seattle and I can see Alaska ending its relationship with British Airways and adding Virgin Atlantic. The removal of the Cathay codeshare (not the marketing relationship) would cost Alaska a fair amount of money. Not sure a Delta's SEA-HKG flight replaces that lost money. So you have to imagine Alaska and Delta would have an "arrangement" that works for both airlines. But BA for VS (IMO) makes no difference financially to Alaska and would be a "good will" gesture to Delta.

And with that, my last prediction....Alaska has a codeshare/marketing relationship with US Airways by end of year assuming AA/US gets merger approval.

Alaska will maintain both American and Delta codeshares/marketing relationships.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 1:40 pm
ANC

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue
Originally Posted by COS flyer
I can see Alaska removing the Cathay codeshare from Seattle and I can see Alaska adding Virgin Atlantic. .
that doesnt seem all that likely

After running Richard through court with other american carriers why would either party wish to partner? Sure sure VX isnt a foreign carrier and isnt affiliated with Virgin atlantic ON PAPER. But realistically theyre almost as different of a carrier as AS is to QX

Last edited by ANC; Jul 21, 2013 at 1:46 pm

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.