Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Alaska Airlines | Mileage Plan
Reload this Page >

Check your upcoming flights for schedule changes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2012, 12:58 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, CO, NW(now DL), Flying Blue

AS must have just updated changes for Q1 today or yesterday. I had to call today for a few itineraries. Check your tickets especially if you are booked on AS119 in the spring. It no longer exists and its comparable is 101. Had to call for a few 5 or 10 minute irrelavant differences. Thats ridiculous

and a new schedule page is out https://m.alaskaair.com/schedule and I so far am not a fan of it

Last edited by ANC; Dec 22, 2012 at 1:09 pm
Old Dec 23, 2012, 8:06 pm

Programs: Alaskans fly everywhere on any aircraft going there!
Thanks for the tip - I be lucky as i have no changes.
Old Dec 27, 2012, 3:54 pm
ANC
Original Poster

what I hate is the new schedule format. It doesnt show you where or what time the connections are without clicking each one separately
Old Mar 17, 2013, 9:22 am

Programs: Alaska Million Mile Flyer, Marriott Lifetime Titanium Elite
Quarterly schedule changes today

AS today updated its schedule for its quarterly flight schedule adjustments.

I had several flights affected from Q3 (June) onward, but in my case, mostly minor (SEA-SAT, SEA-EWR). Worth checking your reservations.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 3:46 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVP Gold, HHonors Diamond
Hmm, I just went to check seats on my trip in July and both reservations are showing "call us", and won't even let me see the details. SEA-PHL and then DCA-SEA return.

Edit: Both are now departing a whopping 10 minutes earlier.

Neil

Last edited by missamo80; Mar 17, 2013 at 3:54 pm
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:13 pm
ANC
Original Poster

Originally Posted by missamo80
Edit: Both are now departing a whopping 10 minutes earlier.

Neil
thats the kind of stuff thats really stupid! The fact that they make you call for such frivolous changes is beyond the pail! You should be able to confirm changes that are less than 30 minutes by yourself online. Evidentally in the past they have had 100s of people miss flights because of 5 minute changes and now do everything in CYA mode No flights changed this go round. But when I started this thread I had a MSP-SEA segment change by 5 minutes and I had to call to get the whole fricken reservation unlocked
Old Mar 17, 2013, 4:24 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Oh, it's even more work. Since I was insta-upgraded to first they have to re-issue the ticket so I don't lose the upgrade.

Neil
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:53 pm

Originally Posted by ANC
thats the kind of stuff thats really stupid! The fact that they make you call for such frivolous changes is beyond the pail! You should be able to confirm changes that are less than 30 minutes by yourself online. Evidentally in the past they have had 100s of people miss flights because of 5 minute changes and now do everything in CYA mode No flights changed this go round. But when I started this thread I had a MSP-SEA segment change by 5 minutes and I had to call to get the whole fricken reservation unlocked
This is not new. This minor change issue (requiring calling in) has been going on for a very long time.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 5:55 pm

Originally Posted by missamo80
Oh, it's even more work. Since I was insta-upgraded to first they have to re-issue the ticket so I don't lose the upgrade.

Neil
I think it's actually more work for them, not us. For us, it's one call (annoying as it is). You don't have to do anything when a ticket is re-issued other than make note of the email.

I had the same experience on a changed flight on which I'd already received an upgrade. The hassle is calling in to find out what's changed, not the re-issue.
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:15 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

True, work for them. Still work for me to do: looks like despite giving them my wife's PNR as well, they didn't fix up her record and I have to call back. Sigh.

Neil
Old Mar 17, 2013, 8:19 pm

Programs: Nada of note these days….
Hmmm....well our STS trip was only 20 minutes early so I was able to approve that one online. My PSP trip though has a 90 minute change and the outbound segment is not on the schedule anymore. Looks like I'll be needing to call that one in and clear it with an actual person.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 12:53 am

Programs: HH Silver
My flight from SEA to KOA in June was moved up 90 minutes, and the return was cancelled, with a new flight number an hour earlier. They are showing on my account though, with the same seats assigned. Works out great for me. Get to Hawaii early, and get home early. Win Win.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 1:09 pm

Programs: AA GLD Skymiles DM MM, a+ rewards lifetime elite, AS, Marriott plat, PC plat, HH gold
OGG-SAN redeye is now 50 minutes later in July 1140pm - 808am arrival. I am glad I gave myself a 3 hour layover to start.
Old Mar 18, 2013, 9:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by Seattlenerd
This is not new. This minor change issue (requiring calling in) has been going on for a very long time.
I thought that was fixed not too long ago. I just confirmed my schedule change for the summer on SEA-ANC-ADK online. I also confirmed 2 other changes. All mine are schedule padding changes where departure is the same but arrival is earlier. One of my minor changes appears to have kick me out of my seat assignments which was odd unless I forgot to select

Last edited by CDKing; Mar 18, 2013 at 9:24 pm
Old Mar 19, 2013, 5:27 am

Originally Posted by CDKing
I thought that was fixed not too long ago. I just confirmed my schedule change for the summer on SEA-ANC-ADK online. I also confirmed 2 other changes. All mine are schedule padding changes where departure is the same but arrival is earlier. One of my minor changes appears to have kick me out of my seat assignments which was odd unless I forgot to select
I have to admit I have no idea what makes a schedule change tip the balance into one that requires calling in (and removes it from the mobile app and makes the web PNR inaccessible).

A new flight number, that I can understand (one of my changes). One was a <10 min arrival time change (departure did not change). One was a 5 min departure time change and a 10 min arrival time change (both earlier).

But clicking though, in my case, 23 records to see what is no longer valid is maddening, especially when you don't know a) exactly when it will happen and b) what the change is until you phone.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.