Wiki Posts
Search

Alaska Airlines Canadian MasterCard

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: AS MVPG100K, Marriott Marriott Titanium Elite, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by pokee
Uh oh...that doesn't sound good...

I don't see the Alaska credit card app on the MBNA website, and can't seem to find it on GCR anymore, either...

What is going on with this card?????
You can find the application here.

ETA: I was on a flight SEA-YLW last Wednesday and they were offering the Canadian Alaska Airlines Mastercard applications so I don't think it is going away soon.

James
pokee likes this.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 1:43 pm

Originally Posted by WesternCDN
Still available on GCR.

Yes, I see it now! I was looking under the "A's" - not the "M's". Seems like the link to the app is fine, too.

Since it's been off the website, off and on GCR recently, and no apps being touted by the airline anymore - it's all really suspicious... Guess we'll find out soon enough what's happening with this card. I need to reapply, but I only cancelled a few months ago. I usually wait much longer...
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:12 pm

Programs: SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hilton Diamond, United Premier Silver
Yes, I see it now! I was looking under the "A's" - not the "M's". Seems like the link to the app is fine, too.

Since it's been off the website, off and on GCR recently, and no apps being touted by the airline anymore - it's all really suspicious... Guess we'll find out soon enough what's happening with this card. I need to reapply, but I only cancelled a few months ago. I usually wait much longer...
Turns out I was just being a dummy and clicked on the wrong link off GCR. That's how I got the MBNA Platinum Plus® Mastercard®.
Old Apr 30, 2018, 6:13 pm

It has been off the MBNA website for ages - still flogged on AS flights recently and the AS website continually; I don't share any suspicion.
pokee likes this.
Old May 1, 2018, 1:55 am

Originally Posted by nli007
Turns out I was just being a dummy and clicked on the wrong link off GCR. That's how I got the MBNA Platinum Plus® Mastercard®.
OH NO!!!! I'm sure if you just call you can get the app transferred, no?
Old May 6, 2018, 8:45 pm

Programs: Aeroplan, Amex AeroPlat
Anyone got experience with when the bonus would post, assuming I hit $1000 or $1500 spending limit within two weeks?
Old May 6, 2018, 9:45 pm

Programs: *void
Originally Posted by theOtherHolmes
Anyone got experience with when the bonus would post, assuming I hit $1000 or $1500 spending limit within two weeks?
The 25,000 AS points should appear at the MBNA.ca REWARDS page on the same day, or day after the qualifying purchase is posted to your online account. Look for it there. Then it's a matter of waiting for your next statement to cycle, and then the points will get transferred to your AS account, within a few days, though in the past I've had to wait for several weeks.

While you're waiting for your first (?) statement to cycle, it's best to call MBNA right now, to ensure your MC is properly linked to your AS account number. The rep can read the number back to you for confirmation.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:04 pm

Not trying to doubt you, but are you sure you clicked on the wrong link? On April 28th, when I was looking at the signup for the MBNA Alaska Airline MC, I noticed that when I clicked on the "Apply" link, it started up the application page but instead of showing the Alaska Airline MC, it was for the Platinum Plus card. I thought it was a mistake so I tried again...same thing. Even now, when I'm reviewing my GCR account's "Click History", for those two click attempts, I do see it saying "MBNA Alaska Airlines World Elite® Mastercard® Credit Card", but I am certain that at that time it showed the Platinum Plus card in the drop-down list. And when I tried to change it, there was no other option for any other type of MC.

So, check your GCR account's "Click History". If yours says it was for the Alaska MC you may have a case to argue that there was a system glitch. But if your history shows it really was for the Platinum Plus, then I'm afraid you're stuck with it. Just submit another application and this time ensure it's for the Alaska MC.
Old May 6, 2018, 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Not trying to doubt you, but are you sure you clicked on the wrong link? On April 28th, when I was looking at the signup for the MBNA Alaska Airline MC, I noticed that when I clicked on the "Apply" link, it started up the application page but instead of showing the Alaska Airline MC, it was for the Platinum Plus card. I thought it was a mistake so I tried again...same thing. Even now, when I'm reviewing my GCR account's "Click History", for those two click attempts, I do see it saying "MBNA Alaska Airlines World Elite® Mastercard® Credit Card", but I am certain that at that time it showed the Platinum Plus card in the drop-down list. And when I tried to change it, there was no other option for any other type of MC.

So, check your GCR account's "Click History". If yours says it was for the Alaska MC you may have a case to argue that there was a system glitch. But if your history shows it really was for the Platinum Plus, then I'm afraid you're stuck with it. Just submit another application and this time ensure it's for the Alaska MC.

Ya you're right, showed Alaska in click history. It does not change anything for me now as I already called MBNA to cancel the Platinum Plus app and to approve the Alaska app instead. The credit hits were already made too. I should've slowed down to read things through next time. Lesson learned!
Old May 6, 2018, 10:40 pm

Ya you're right, showed Alaska in click history. It does not change anything for me now as I already called MBNA to cancel the Platinum Plus app and to approve the Alaska app instead. The credit hits were already made too. I should've slowed down to read things through next time. Lesson learned!
Good work, to cancel the Platinum Plus application...prevents it from opening a new (unwanted) tradeline in your credit files. Plus MBNA probably recycled the hard pull to approve the Alaska MC app, so in the end, same difference, just that it forced you to work a little harder. The next task at hand for you will be to get the $60 GCR cash back rebate...there might be a disconnect here too, so if it's not showing up within 45 (?) days, then send GCR a message about the missing money. They've been good on the few times I've needed help from them in this regard.
Old May 7, 2018, 9:40 am

Originally Posted by JJonahJ
Good work, to cancel the Platinum Plus application...prevents it from opening a new (unwanted) tradeline in your credit files. Plus MBNA probably recycled the hard pull to approve the Alaska MC app, so in the end, same difference, just that it forced you to work a little harder. The next task at hand for you will be to get the $60 GCR cash back rebate...there might be a disconnect here too, so if it's not showing up within 45 (?) days, then send GCR a message about the missing money. They've been good on the few times I've needed help from them in this regard.
amazing, thank you for the advice!
Old Jun 18, 2018, 11:02 pm

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Gold, Alaska.
Apparently First Checked Bag is free now for World Elite cardholders. Read it on the Rewards sub site of the MBNA online account site. Went to go double check the Terms and Conditions of Offer/Legal Disclosures on application site, it is there. The Alaska Airlines First Bag Free FAQ does not mention it as a benefit for World Elite cardholders though (alaskaair.com/freebagfaq). Helps make this card more competitive towards the WestJet MC for us west coasters.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: AC 50K, WS Gold, Bonvoy Plat
Ya, I see that reference on the MBNA rewards site. Wondering what the qualifying reservation is.
Old Jun 19, 2018, 10:43 pm

Click on the "" linked text to reveal:

æ Free Checked Bag Benefit: Primary cardholders of the Alaska Airlines World Elite Mastercard ® consumer credit card ("World Elite account") who make a qualifying reservation and have an open World Elite account at the time of travel are eligible to receive a baggage allowance on qualifying reservations consisting of one (1) complimentary checked bag per passenger on the same ticket for the same Alaska Airlines flight, up to a maximum of six (6) complimentary checked bags per ticket. Qualifying reservations include flights marketed by Alaska Airlines and operated by Alaska Airlines, Horizon Air, SkyWest or PenAir (codeshare flights operated by other carriers are not eligible). Primary cardholder must be an Alaska Airlines Mileage Plan™ member. Baggage restrictions apply. See alaskaair.com/freebagfaq for complete baggage rules. Payment with the World Elite account is not required to qualify for this benefit. Offer may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Not applicable for passengers who already receive 1 or more free checked bags. New holders of the World Elite account, and cardholders upgrading from another Alaska Airlines credit card to a World Elite account, will be eligible for this benefit approximately 2-3 weeks after approval. This promotion is offered exclusively by Alaska Airlines. The Toronto-Dominion Bank is not responsible or liable for any aspect of this promotion. For a complete explanation of this benefit, please visit www.alaskaair.com .
Old Jun 20, 2018, 9:44 am

The link is no longer working.

Given that the $79 AF AS Platinum Plus rewards card is not appearing on the MBNA web page & the fee for the W/Elite card is $89, I wonder if we will be given the option to upgrade or we will be automatically converted?

Definitely seens something is in the works.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.